Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

TCat posted:

How are you playing a Minotaur, a Golem, and a rabbit in D&D Next? Is there some kind of guide for monster characters, or are you using one of the other playable races template, or is there a conversion for 4e/3.X characters I'm unaware of.

If you want more specifics on what exactly we did, come on over to the actual Next thread and ask there, but yeah, it's mostly reflavoring, and minor sensible changes. With a bit of imagination and some good sense, you can make practically anything a player race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Drakkel posted:

but Gharbad more than made up for that with the irreparable damage he did to Roll20.

If you need a Roll20 campaign completely destroyed, I'm for hire. I accept most forms of currency and a variety of favors.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Just so you guys know, if you want to make Tommy the Cat an icon after listening to the final wrestling podcast, I wouldn't blame you.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Check out the Monsterhearts campaign on Dvac's channel, Gharbad joins at some point as a Queen Bee who is basically the smartest person in the game. https://m.youtube.com/user/DeviousVacuum

Me as Anaka Chuuma, Mummy and Social Juggernaut, starts in Session Four.

2d6 games are REALLY breakable.

Edit: I've actually played a lot of intelligent characters, but I prefer those kinds of characters in more serious games, which isn't usually the 6FU biz.

I also play intelligent characters in pubbie games, because they usually need someone to actually be smart, because the players are usually stupid.

I don't know why I keep joining pubbie games.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 24, 2015

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I could fill this thread with terrible pubbie game stories, but I'm sure that wouldn't be appreciated. Plus, there's a thread in Trad Games for that, and I haven't bothered to post'm there.

Actually, I posted one, but I'm not sure if it's in that thread or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Those who know me know of my near fanatical devotion to 4th edition D&D. And to get one of its creators to yell "I'VE BEEN HOODWINKED" is one of my proudest moments in gaming.

• Locked thread