Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I was going back and listening to some of the podcasts from the other thread (heroic tier) and I can't seem to get to them anymore. Is there some where else to go and get them? I only ask in this thread because I don't want to drag the old thread back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

psst: iTunes links to the same site, where they are all hosted.

The problem is known to us and solutions are underway.

Ok that was all I needed to know.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

lenoon posted:

I have to say I thought jorts was a well chosen butt of all jokes, especially seeing as the the six feats under crew have been the target of a jorts like character with the d and d next debacle.

However, dorfl the golem, Ironicus! I guess it's made up by the inclusion of the river devil. Looking forward to the 100th episode because poo poo will be possibly too nasty...

DnD next debacle? What happened?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

lenoon posted:

Ah I shouldn't have brought it up, sorry.

oh ok then, I will not pry. Thought maybe I had just missed something in the thread.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I really have to thank you guys for posting your adventures. I was actually inspired to run my own game after seeing how much fun Ironicus was having GMing. My group just finished our first campaign and we were going to start up a new one after the holidays using 13th age. It will be interesting using a system I have never played before, but my group is looking forward to it.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

So how will our heroes be celebrating the new imperial year?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Technically, the Imperial New Year is the annual observance of the current Emperor's coronation, whatever time of year that may have been. So we handled that back in Episode 6.

That must get confusing in an age where the empire runs through multiple emperors.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Lots of booze, as seen in every social gathering the Elements have been part of!

This can only end well and in no way lead to shenanigans.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Third: The thrilling conclusion of Let’s Play The 13th Age! The party is knocking on the door of Epic Tier and the keys are nearly collected, you knew it had to happen sometime. That’s just math. But we’re planning for it, and it’s going to be an ending well worth the journey.

It is so weird thinking about the fact that this game is getting so much closer to the end. This podcast has been a staple for me for like 2 years. All good things must come to an end I suppose.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

After tonight's recording you can add another Icon on the "replaced" list, but the question is how many of our heroes died in the attempt.

It was Gilder wasn't it? He finally died.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Speaking of which, is there a reason for the eyeballs that I missed at some point, or is it just some Death 13-esque Rage flavouring?

probably just has something to do with mercury's influence on him.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I'm so confused. What is going on? What have I missed?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

dismas posted:

:kimchi:

someone submitted that question to the 13 questions tumblr, this was the answer!

Oh ok, I thought I missed something in the podcasts.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

gatesealer posted:

It was Gilder wasn't it? He finally died.

HA I totally called it!

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

ikks posted:

Margaret Stone's Imperial Mandate Talking Points

Imagine for a moment you're the dungeon designer. What are you protecting in your dungeon? What sort of traps and obstacles do you devise? What's your purpose in building those traps? Are you trying to defeat invaders, or test them for some virtue to allow them to proceed?

Nav stopped being a rogue because late-game rogues in 13a aren't very fun. What are your favorite rogue mechanics from this and other games?

I am protecting my phylactery. While I would have the standard traps to ward off those seeking to destroy me (pit falls, spike walls, acid traps) I would have many subtle traps that would work at weakening a party from within. Rooms that would go dark and when light came back there would be a doppelganger of one of the party, which one is the real party member? Magic wards that when crossed causes a vision showing one of the party betraying the others and other traps like this. After all, the best way to keep my immortality safe, is to make sure any sufficiently sized group couldn't simply throw bodies at the traps until they triggered them all.

For the Rogue stuff, I have always liked how most games allow you to choose between being a high burst damage deal or being an exceptional thief. I feel like that gives you some good utility that other classes just don't have. If you play a fighter, well all of your play styles will still be geared towards combat. The only classes that I feel have more utility than Rogue are magic classes, but because of that rogues are still highly useful in campaigns were no one is playing a magic class. My last campaign that I ran had a party of only martial classes. The rogue ended up being the most important one because of how much damage he could dish out, and he ended up being the reason the party won the campaign by pickpocketing a devil's contract that was being kept within the devil. Sadly, I find that rogues are either gods within a system or they are kind of weak towards the end game.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I would really like to see more from the WWW rpg game. I think that has a lot of potential for some good entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Drakkel posted:

What CRAZY EARTH SHATTERING SECRETS do you think could be hidden within CREAM's totally evil base?

What ever you do, don't open the door labeled "The Controlled Elements". And don't take any notice that there just happens to be a lot of C.R.E.A.M agents that look surprisingly identical.

• Locked thread