Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I just realized... Rogue elements because there are no warriors. Rogues, mages, and bards only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

PlasmaMan posted:

first off, I wrote my icon relationships with all 13

Would you be willing to elaborate, or could it spoil some stuff in the future?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

He looks a bit like a Fire Emblem Awakening Knight.

EDIT: VV Welp, I'm dumb.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 13, 2013

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Frocobo posted:

I love how in every single artist's interpretation, we never, ever see Rip's eyes.

He has a helmet on that is too big, and thus covers his eyes. To do otherwise would be like drawing Joey without hoof hands.

That is, wrong.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Colosmicon posted:

He's probably hiding something horrifying under there. Maybe he's got another beard where his eyes should be.

Well, that's all dwarves... No reason to hide that... maybe he's actually an anime? :v:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

To compete with big amazing fanart I bring tiny fanart:

Good thing that there's one design of Mint with a gas mask because I was having a devil of a time trying to fit him into three colors. I think Rip was the trickiest. Scarlet's face may only be recognizable as a face if you already know what she looks like; perspective on snouts is tricky enough when you have actual lines and junk.

For Scarlet, it could be full on, with the hat slightly covering her left eye, and some hair hanging down over her the lefter side of her face.

And then she's orange and has a tail?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

John Liver posted:

I had a free afternoon.

This is cool.

Is there art for Beowulf?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
...I am kind of expecting Mint to betray the party. He is at the same time too goofy and too competent to be trusted.

What level is everyone? I heard the level cap was 10.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Way ahead of you on the hair and and fingernail shrines, buddy, although my erotic fan fiction of the Rogue Elements has hit a serious roadblock. Should I ship Mint with Margo or Tough Guy?

Clearly it should be Draegynovkas. OTP

I never realized Scarlett's name had 2 'T's... Is that a dragonborn thing or is it because she is a wizard? Seems kinda weird.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

PlasmaMan posted:

Let's Play The 13th Age Session 29 Part Two: Crooks in Combat

First hurdle leapt, the Elements face off against the enthralled guards of the vault-- and against all odds, Nav has a crisis of conscience.

You sneaky bastard.

This is adorable and reminds me of chopper.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Mecheon posted:

I just assume she considered their quarter-elvenness to make them count as a percentage. Merely 3/4s of a proper Imperial child

I think Margo is 100% Elf biologically, since I believe Bella's unique thing is that she is the only child of a human and an elf?
If I am remembering right, Margaret is unique for being the only elf raised by humans...

And besides, she is a great mother who cares for her children no matter what percentage elf they are. Like any good imperial soldier would for their children and their country.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Clearbrook posted:

Well I thought Bryde's was unique since both were royal or noble or something.

Margaret is actually the bastard Daughter of an Elvish Queen and a Noble Elvish wizard.

She is a magical elf princess. An unenviable fate.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Super-duper dead, but with a spirit and an influence that still affects the world (at reduced capacity). It's just a matter of time before that runs out and the apocalypse is upon us.

A matter of time in Human years or Dragon years? Because Humans + friends will probably wipe themselves out before Big G's soul rots completely

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I'd like to say that Plaz's update pictures are undetectable to me, and I did not realize the Lich King was anything but a "Look at this silly card" post.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So sad Mar'Garet could not see the elven village. Connect to her people. With arrows. Elves like arrows right?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I would talk more, but after I open the link I close the thread window, and commenting about something I haven't listened to would be weird :(

I would like more interactions between Mar-Mar x elves, as well as more Mint dialogue?

I like whenever Nav does something rogue-ish, especially when he deliberately sacrifices functionality for performance. I love costume talk, and would like more of it. A Nav's knitting corner podcast is something that I would listen to.

The sick wizard burns by Bella (figuratively towards Scarlett) and Scarlett (Literally towards lots of things) are always amusing

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Would Margaret hate drow more than normal elves, because they are actually evil and hedonistic, or less because they're not hippies who speak in rhyming iambic pentameter?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm so glad that now we can ship Nav with an animate suit of armor. It's all my dreams come true.

You didn't already ship Nav x Kodrinschreiner? As a Master Thief X Investigator pair, I feel it works pretty well.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I thought Drakkel talked about Scarlett's cult harassment and harry potter retreat a long time ago?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Surprised no one said Monsieur Manuel...

Also, glad Wolfshirt's still getting work. He is my favorite character.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

WolfShirt posted:

I suppose it's as good a time as any to remind the thread that you can direct questions to characters or players in this handy little 13 Questions Tumblr

But I wonder who to direct those questions to? What suave gnoll commander could possibly be so mysterious and new as to elicit questions?

I'm of course talking about Mint.

Obviously. Manuel is a dashing rogue. He couldn't command a line interface.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Well, when you roll with Nav, you just kind of get used to weird poo poo going on around you.

I can't help but remember the picture of Kodrinschreiner and Algernon in the library.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Garbonix posted:

The stuff with Nav having a third eye is "New Nav". After getting it shoved back into his head Nav is now "Old Nav" or "Nav Classic(Made with 100% real shady stuff)".

Well, not 100%.

There's a little bit of some skeleton bits and once living flesh in there too. 99% Shady stuff. (Don't bring in the FDA man, they've already got enough heat on their backs...)

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Rumda posted:

Any of the episodes marked with a * in the second post are decent jumping on points. But I recommend starting from the beginning its all good.

I suggest starting at Meet Mint, since that is where the characters from then until basically now come into the game. Before that, there are characters who don't appear at all in the next 70 odd hours of casting, and the characters that do appear in both spots change at that point.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

WolfShirt posted:

If it were cut off with a good old reliable sword, sure. But like all things Magic it's not really worth being concerned about.

I'm sure a hand cut off by a good honest Empire sword would be severed permanently, and prevent another pseudo hand from attaching itself.

That's why Rip's hand could be songified, druids clearly use inferior-possibly elven- weapons.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

PlasmaMan posted:

now's your chance to get creative in imagining new dream teams among party lines not often drawn..!

Team "It Rules" consisting of Nav, Mint, and RIP.

Team "It Works" consisting of Margaret, Scarlett, and Bella.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
A silly series of limericks featuring the practical people of the party.
Content

You hear the twang of a string
and feel a sharp, painful sting.
You turn round to see
an arrow set free
and now you don't feel a thing.

You've caught sight of that annoying young wizard
a plain, though obnoxious, red lizard
But she's prepared a spell
and you surely know well
across the field your body will be littered.

You're trying to run to a place
away from this dangerous space
till you hear a soft tune
that foretells your doom
as your head is crushed by a mace.

More content I guess? Not creative enough to think of a suggestion... This is for the fancy people of the party.

He glows with a strange bit of light
which builds in you, quite a fright.
The elf has gone mad
and now you're feeling bad
while your facing his dark moon-elf might.

That screaming metal clad bard.
Has busted through all of your guards.
You bring down your axe
A last, desperate attack
and find that his skull is too hard.

A knife flies through the air
and gets you right in the eye.
And then in the knee
and then the chest.
how does he hold all those knives?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Can I just write limericks about characters from the story?

Gilder GoldenBrass
Was revealed to be quiet an rear end.
he shot off his mouth
and started off south
Surprised he could fall quite so fast.

A fool thought himself a hero.
A legend -he believed- could he grow.
Though he dreamed of glory
he ends his story
As a joke, a chump, and a zero.

A failed adventurer
who crashed into the floor
Through blathering on
he earned a queen's scorn
and so she showed him the door.

He thought that he would slay an orc
We doubt he could even slay pork.
his lines are so cheesy
and to fool him, so easy
we could have made him try with a fork

A dark and mysterious past
he meets up with the party at last
Rip wants to punch him
Because he is so dim
Go on Gilder, run. Run fast!

If these are annoying I can stop...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
For Team "M": (people in the party whose names start with M)

Kill death pain, bones, blood and murder
agony suffering, hate and slaughter
Rip and tear
I see you there!
You won't hide from a destroyer.

You won't hide your weakness from me.
I'm far too clever, you see.
Though don't be afraid
Despite my drawn blade
I'm more than some wild "wolfie"

His power may be unknown,
But his enemies have all been blown
into smithereens.
He's more than he seems
and his true skills have yet to be shown.

She isn't too full of herself
And she doesn't care about wealth
An imperial scout,
you'd better watch out.
She's more than some frivolous elf.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

goatface posted:

I'd rather split the party into Team Functional (Margaret, Scarlett, Rip, Nav) and Team Fabulous (Bella, Mint, Manuel, Nav).

Yes, Nav is in both.

You might need to swap Rip and Bella.

PublicOpinion posted:

Work in progress, but got to make the magic team feel appreciated:

Teams made out of a tall guy, a short guy, and a woman have a proven history of 100% success.

Prediction: The party encounters gnomish separatists who have been emboldened by the Empire's problems.

To protect the world from an invasion
By the lich, some elves or the imperial nation.
To denounce the evils of the rogues
To extend our reach to the moon above

Scarlett!
Mint~
Team Magic exploding with mystical might
Surrender now or prepare to fight

RRRRIIIIIP! THAT'S RIGHT!

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

A Wooden Palisade posted:

this is like the fourth time you've said this man are you okay

I'm sorry. I'll stop.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
A bit old, even from the thread's viewpoint but

There's nothing much left to say
We know they'll all get away
With the grand king of shmooze
there's no way they'll lose
...Unless, of course, it's tuesday.

Those glasses aren't just for show
Don't act like you didn't know.
That slickest distraction
concealin the action
You can always count on Umberto.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Ambisagrus posted:

We really should have just stabbed that guy.

You can say that about a lot of people that have been in this game...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hindsight is 20/20 and Wizards doing nothing but stand in the back then complaining when poo poo goes bad is just a typical Caster contribution. :colbert:

A Wizard contribution. Remember, technically Mint, Rip, and Bella are "casters." Standing back and not doing things is what "wizards" do in their "towers". Don't stereotype casters guys. :(

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

catdynamite posted:

oh right, that other thing, they visit the empire's secret salt mines or something.
I always forget Mint has dreads, and I am happy he does. Also, I like the blood that seems to be leaking from his goggles.

I feel like that has happened in a fight before...

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 27, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So to clarify, Nav rolled to check for traps, found a gas trap, told everyone about it, then they walked straight into it anyway?

I imagine Nav woke up glaring at everybody...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is fanfiction a valid entry?

I wrote a thing but it's kinda long? like 600 ish words.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
For team Might:

Navarwyndesyl stands on a stage holding a skull, his ring and middle finger through the eyes of it, with his palm on top. It is noticeable on examination that he is squeezing the skull, signaling his distress. He is standing around the corpses of several dozen elves. Some of them freshly dead and bleeding, most of them rotting half exposed skeletons. With a downcast gaze he observes the corpses and turns his head side to side. A spotlight above him (from the audience seats) flashes on and he covers his eyes with his free arm, not raising the skull, almost as if preferring to keep it hidden. The raised hand shows his palm, caked in blood. He adjusts to the light and slowly lowers his arm, looking out over the crowd, eyes squinting to cope with the contrast, as well as to glare at the complacent faces before him. He begins speaking...

NAV: You were warned; by my friends and your own scientists but you didn't act. Your clerics and oracles told of his coming but you chose to not believe. The elves are the highest race-the most powerful, the most intelligent. None could truly threaten them. None could come against them in the Queen's wood. But they did come. And when they did, you hid in your trees...

Nav stops talking for a moment and looks down again to the bodies. He examines one that appeared rotten and touches the shoulder. To the audience's surprise it begins to move, but Nav quickly slips free a dagger from his sleeve and pierces the chest of the corpse. Again, it is still. Nav hangs his head such that his eyes are no longer visible and starts to breathe a bit faster, his chest rising and falling until he stands up.

NAV: (angry)You doubted his power. The skeletons couldn't reach you so you thought yourselves safe... but then the lost elves began to turn. When your own kin turned against you, you did nothing! You didn't fight or free them from his control. No, you ran to find a sanctuary for your people-for yourselves. You thought you would be safe in the elven court. Your Queen could protect you, she had the power to fight back against this darkness. She could beat the Lich King. While the few warriors among you died trying to stem the tides, you holed up in here and put your faith in your Queen.

Nav looks down at the skull he had been holding. A twitch of sorrow- or even rage -plays across his face for a moment but it is quickly hidden. He snaps his head back up to look into the audience.

NAV: (Shouting, full of rage)Well here's your Queen (Nav throws the skull into the audience dramatically, it hits an intentionally vacant seat, cracking but not breaking) Keep your faith and keep yourselves locked in here. To stop him, to end his reign We'll need an army... I was an idiot to think I would find one among your people...

Nav exits stage right as another corpse begins to raise and start towards the audience. The curtain closes while he walks off, meeting him half way. Once they pass eachother, the Zombie elf has started to stare out to the audience. It lets out a cry and starts to run off the front of the stage, until-from out of the audience's view- three knives fly into its body in the leg, chest and head. It collapses and the curtain closes.

Nav was right. To take over as the new Lich King, he would need an army, and judging by the nervous muttering, sobbing, and applause, he was off to a good start.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Because I don't want my submissions to have an impact either way, here is another story for Team Magic (This time of the possible past instead of possible future):

It was hot today... It's been hot all week, but it was especially miserable today. Jimmy said it was gonna keep getting hotter too... Mint wanted to be working tables today. The moving around would probably have been nicer than staying back in the stuffy kitchen with the two other jokers who wouldn't stop talking about this heat... The saving grace was that nobody really wanted any hot food. If he had to manage the grill like this, he was worried he might freak out on somebody. Until then he just stood there making way more sandwiches than any elf should ever have to...

Half of him wanted to go home... The other half wanted to stay and get the hours in. After all, the point of a summer job was to save up some money for the future right? He didn't have any big dreams, but he definitely had some good ideas... Get through high school and get some tech training. The dumbest guy in Krendel could tell you how well off the people working for the government were, and science and math were the only classes where he felt like he understood everything. He wasn't struggling in language or history, but he also didn't really feel like he was learning anything. Just writing it down in his notebook, and writing it down on a test...

As he finished making a sandwich for his lunch- which the manager was cool enough to let him do -he heard some kinda commotion out on the floor. As he peeked over the window to see what was up, he caught a customer swinging a chair against this other dude. The rest of the customers were all shocked and staring, and the other employees were telling the boss and trying to get some cops to come down. Mint wasn't thinking that clearly though. He ran out of the kitchen and got between the two guys to try to push them away from each other. Unfortunately, he pushed a bit too hard and knocked over the guy with the chair. When he turned to the other guy, he looked just in time to see a napkin holder come flying in his direction

When he came to, the manager had got some ice from the box and put it on his bruised cheek. The good news is he didbreak up the fight. The bad news, he also probably broke his hand and something in his jaw... Maybe next summer he could get a more science-oriented job... like a repair shop. Doing repairs was like making sandwiches but with toasters instead of toast right? Yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

How fitting that the first and last submissions are both of Nav.

That's right! The deadline has passed and the contest is over! Please review my collection post to see if I missed any valid entries as we begin judging. Tune in tomorrow for the declaration of the winning team and the description of the locale you created for the adventure (likely) beginning in session 43. Judging for the individual prizes will follow at a later date. A big thank you to everyone who participated, we got more stuff of a wider variety than we could have expected. It's been great and we hope you all had fun.

If I somehow got points, can I make a suggestion/prediction for either winning team? Or is it too late/not ethical to actually play both sides?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 6, 2014

• Locked thread