Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

I'm still a few sessions behind and just finished the battle of the bands. The battle is definitely up there in the list of my favorite moments this campaign. The thing that bothered me is that I have no idea what Grand Handsome feat. Metallic Orb sounds like. I had a bit of time, so this is the best I could come up with: Je Suis Metallic Orb. The Orb doesn't even really start until the second time the A section comes around. If nothing else, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

Honorific! posted:

Thylacinus if you see this, I think your fan-songs are awesome and I would like to put in a request that you make a chant of the high druid.

Sounds like a challenge... I'm down; give me a few days. I'll try to make it an actual chant and not slide into lovely 90s alternarock, but I can make no guarantees.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

Honorific! posted:

I would like to put in a request that you make a chant of the high druid.

Gregorian chants turned out to be a little too boring and I’m not nearly hardcore enough to do the full-on heavy metal chant as described in the session. I seem to remember someone joking that the chant was mainly just the repeated word “druid” over and over; I took that as my starting point. Here are two versions: Chant of the High Druid, and the alternate version.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

For some reason the notion of the Metallic Orb demo mode is the funniest thing to me, so of course I had to figure out what it sounded like: Metallic Orb Demo Mode

I seem to remember that Metallic Orb is a monophonic synthesizer, so this version might be the demo mode of Metallic Orb Mk. II.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

...I have the goddamn demo mode from the Casio keyboard my mom had when I was ten THANKS.

http://youtu.be/rut0_WNmdfY

Well, for what it's worth the casio samba Ode to Joy at the 45 second mark is certainly something. I have the feeling that will be stuck in my head all day tomorrow.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

This podcast has been part of my happy background soundtrack during a rough time for me, so it’s hard to pick a favorite moment. I always like the really odd things that come out of nowhere, like Nav’s cooking challenge to make the blacksmith dinner, Rip phoning Bella over his sound fist, Metallic Orb, Bella’s plan to trick people into a mine cart, or Scarlett trying to teach Margaret about the great stadium food in Axis.

The character who amuses me the most is Margaret. The interaction that comes first to mind is her audience with the blind Dwarf seer:
The Seer: “Your parents miss you. All of them.”
Margaret: “God loving drat It! I should have asked about the loving moon.”

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

There is only one rallying cry you will ever need: Let's all get in the mine cart!

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

A fair while ago kidcoelacanth visualized the Doc Smoulderboulder album art, and in doing so created the best song title ever: “I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS YELLING.” I’ve let far too many days pass without that song existing, so I had to record my own interpretation of the song. As I am not bluesy or even particularly adept at yelling I had to resort to my eternal musical plan B: clumsy vocal harmonies.
I'll... I'll see myself out.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

The campaign is nearing the end and it seemed like there wouldn't be any more opportunities for stupid songs, but then Freddy Guitar/Johnny Sitar happened. It goes without saying that I had to take a guess at what Freddy's music sounds like: The Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Freddy Guitar.
If this sounds somewhat familiar, the background music during the scene with Freddy Guitar is a longer, mellower version of the A section of this song.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

As the campaign is in the final few sessions, it seems I'm running out of time if I want to record any more of the songs from the Doc Smoulderboulder album art. FRANKLY, I WISH I HADN'T RIPPED OFF MY HAND has the most challenging title, so of course I needed to figure out what that song sounds like.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I identify with this a lot

does thylacinus have the soundtrack up on like bandcamp or something where I could buy it?

Not at present. Give me a day or two and I'll set something up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

I'm holding off listening to Microscope as I'll need something to listen to while travelling this week, but looking at the linked google doc with no knowledge of what anything means, it looks like the synopsis for a really good prog rock concept album.

• Locked thread