Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My submission to the contest!

Nadir Paulo Crismuth

There are few peoples more accepted throughout the land than the Cape Merchants. Born without a homeland, the Cape patriarch taken in by a kind god. This god's name was Capitalito, the invisible handed, and he taught the patriarch many things. He taught about how the natural world was just like the business one, and how everything has a price. Many generations later, the religion Capitalism was as thriving as its practitioner's businesses. With a reputation for honesty and quality, a Cape Merchant is one of the best shopkeepers you can find, and you can find them in any thriving city.

Nadir is one such Merchant, but his ware is secrets. Through a little bit of cunning, a large amount of time, and a lot of money, Nadir has managed to assemble one of the largest spy networks in the realm. Mostly, his money comes from adventurers seeking the location of treasure, but those in the know have come to him for the weaknesses of their sworn enemy or the location of a murderer. No one knows just how much information he has, but they do know that he has enough not to try to mess with him. Those who have tried have found that his bodyguard, an otherwise plain woman named Hilda, possesses a very, very sharp sword. Those who survive find their businesses suddenly fail; as it turns out, for his shrewd business tactics and new approach, Nadir is the first Cape Merchant since the patriarch to receive the blessing of the Invisible-Handed One.

(The general idea is that Nadir is a traveling NPC who can act as a quest giver. Just how much he knows is up to the GM, but the general idea is that he has a bit of dirt on most major world players. I also think that the Cape Merchants/Capitalito could be interesting flavor for the world.)

EDIT
Even though he's an NPC, (It's even his initials, for Chrissakes) I figured that I should add an OUT and icon relationships.

OUT
Nadir is watched over by Capitalito, the god of merchants. This provides a protection to Nadir's business (i. e., his network of spies) and brings financial troubles to those who try to harm Nadir. Note that it doesn't prevent said harm, just punishing those who try to harm him.

Icon Relationships
The Empire (Complicated) No one likes being spied on, and officials in the Empire have found that their enemies have used Nadir's services as often as they have.
The Prince of Shadows (Positive) Lies, tricks, deceptions, all are weapons in Nadir's repetoire.
The Diabolist (Negative) Chaos is bad for business. Even if it leads to a short term gain, chaos can only lead to financial ruin.
The Orc Lord (REDACTED) A seller of secrets can't give all his wares for free, can he?

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

General Ironicus posted:

:siren: Contest Feedback (part 2)

Nadir Paulo Crismuth, by thetoughestbean
Jokes on macroeconomics are always popular for some reason. There's a good amount of effort here, but I think secret-broker is well-worn enough. I can see him getting a lot of use, but it doesn't inspire creativity.

Oh, no! Feedback that isn't 100% positive! My precious, precious feelings! Why, I... I...
I'm pretty okay with it, actually. Part of the reason I love this thread is that I feel like I can be part of the world. I enjoy being able to interact with characters through the Tumblr, and I jumped at the chance to be able to contribute something to the Campaign. The fact that you even gave feedback and gave us enough respect to be honest is really cool, I think. Also, it really was fun to see everyone's efforts.

Capitalito was created during a session of me talking nonsense to my friends, but I started thinking more seriously about afterwards. What would an entire people be like if an economic system was actually a whole religious belief? The Cape merchants were my best guess.

All in all, the contest was a fun experience, even if (heaven forbid!) I don't win, and if you ever need a race of devoted merchant people, the Cape Merchants are ready and willing. This goes to everyone, not just the good General.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
At long last, Margeret's family gets a reference. I really want to meet her children.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Colosmicon posted:

I'd love to see Gerald of the Mountain show up again in some capacity. This campaign has been woefully lacking in rowdy sasquatches.
The campaign has been woefully lacking in updates as well.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Plaz, you truly are a wonderful Santa.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
He has Precise Slice as his one of his backgrounds; obviously, he just sliced very, very precisely.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PlasmaMan posted:

tumblr has some normal-rear end but still useful content, too. I just finished the full synopsis and episode list right here, which is perfect for anyone overwhelmed by all our goddamn content. now your friends don't have any excuse! get them to listen! write shipping charts together! build hair and fingernail shrines!

Way ahead of you on the hair and and fingernail shrines, buddy, although my erotic fan fiction of the Rogue Elements has hit a serious roadblock. Should I ship Mint with Margo or Tough Guy?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

You are the best kind of person.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PublicOpinion posted:

I'm several episodes behind, but in the spirit of discussion I like the mysteriousness of Mint's powers as a story element. The hinted horrors of the moon and it's looming presence on the checklist build some fun tension.

Actually, that's one thing I really like about the campaign. Every character has their overarching plot hooks, from Rip and Mercury to Scarlett's mysterious tattoo. Kudos to General Ironicus for working in every character into the overarching plot, instead of just letting one character become the focus.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PlasmaMan posted:

whoah whoah WHOAH what's all this about all drow being evil and hedonistic and all wood elves being hippies. sounds like you're falling for some high elf propaganda, my friend. (and they call themselves HIGH elves, come the gently caress on)

I thought that this was simple Imperial propaganda, for decent, hard-working folk.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

When is this team NOT rapidly-fragmenting? You people aren't really good friends!

They seemed friendlier this episode, talking 'bout ice cream and not trying to kill each other.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I've noticed an incredible similarity between New Nav and New Coke. Hopefully, we'll go back to Nav-a-cola soon, or at least Diet Nav.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm so glad that now we can ship Nav with an animate suit of armor. It's all my dreams come true.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Groose- I mean Gilder- should definitely become a recurring NPC. He's too good not to be. Actually, all of this session's NPCs should reappear at some point. I love them so much.

I also enjoyed Scarlett having to think about her destiny. It seemed like she was the one to have the least character development.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm really glad that Wolfshirt joined the campaign, but I wonder when Poorweather will return. Seeing Manuel interact with Margaret should be pretty interesting.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Penultimatum posted:

My favorite part of these most recent podcasts is just how jaded the party is with the ~SPOOKY~ things that keep happening. At most Scarlette seemed slightly confused about the message written in her own blood.

Well, when you roll with Nav, you just kind of get used to weird poo poo going on around you.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Not even a session in and Manuél has lost a hand. It took Rip much, much longer than that. I'm almost impressed.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A while ago, Plaz asked for fanart of the Rogue Elements as animals. Realizing my chance, I took up a pencil and paper and used my mediocre talent. I give you the Rogue Animals!

Be careful what you wish for.

edit: My prediction is that an item of GREAT IMPORTANCE is the prize of a town's local beauty contest (open to all genders, of course)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Gilder Goldenbrass art on the first page doesn't appear.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Debential trying to sell something to the GM is possibly the best thing ever.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I really liked this side story. I hope we might see more in the future GMd by Plaz, or maybe somebody else. Anybody beside that terrible GM General Ironicus (I'm kidding Ironicus I love you please don't hate me)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Congratulations to the winners! Although, I wonder who is the true winners: the ones who made the fan art or the ones who received?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
For the record, I prefer the longer episodes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh my god, that plan. :allears: That was amazing

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Bella is shaping up to be the de facto head of the party. I like it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Personally, I am pleased that Plaz has helped rectify the lack of cactus-based protagonists in our culture.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PlasmaMan posted:

:siren:one reply between posts you punks come on now:siren:

We can't help it! We're lurkers!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gensuki posted:

5 MAGICAL secrets the Archmage DOESN'T want you to know about.

Wizards HATE this guy!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Stackblocks posted:

[Exit, pursued by invisible magic gorilla]

Whoa, whoa, whoa

The invisible magic ape only pursues orcs. Are you an orc?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It's a bit late because I was out of town, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the podcast on villains! I thought it was interesting and insightful on what makes a good recurring villain.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So... Scarlett is lizard Jesus?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Drakkel posted:

Absolutely not! She is a strong, independent lady! With supernatural powers and poo poo.

While my lizard Jesus theory might be out, at least this somewhat proves my theory that the Dragonborn's existence has something to do with the death of the Great Golden Wyrm. That or the GGW refers to all things as its children, which would be kinda weird.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

McBearson posted:

Bringing someone home to meet the parents must be a real buzzkill.

"This is dad, this is my mom, and this is my un-asked-for god whose creepy followers have ruined my life. Say hi, everyone!"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mint is getting increasingly unnerving in combat. He should probably get that checked out.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

McBearson posted:

So if anyone in the thread has Tomodachi Life, a friend of mine made some fine lookin' miis of the main party.

She then went on to realise an old classic.

Can you post the miis so that those of us without Tomodachi Life can see what they look like?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gensuki posted:

They were in the next link.

There was a stage and singing.

Ah.
...Welp, I feel pretty stupid.
(I like the pictures.)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

General Ironicus posted:

Unfortunately, Tomodachi Life won't allow my Nav/RIP OTP.

It will allow it in any sequels, however!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Striking Yak posted:

I wrote a thing set between sessions 39 and 40 (after getting the soul-seeking artifact and before arriving in Forge). Please enjoy this shameful creation.

Well, I, for one, thought that was wonderful.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It makes me very happy that the forums came back up for my semi-weekly fix of LP 13th Age! I'm not sure what would have happened to me if it had still been down... Boredom, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Drakkel posted:

You guys should be hyped by this session! Did you SEE those combos?

While the fireball combo was particularly impressive, strictly speaking, no, we did not see those combos.

Whether we heard those combos, on the other hand...

• Locked thread