Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Over the last couple of months I've been listening through these and have been really loving them! You all do such great job. I'm not completely caught up yet. I'm on 40c at the moment. But yeah, thanks for doing these. It's probably my favorite series since I joined SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

He just would rather argue with his sister than smell Slamby anymore.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

That music was so happy. "Yaaaay!"

It would be nice to have a list of short bios for all the NPCs. It's getting pretty hard to keep track of.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Margret is probably my favorite character of the group. She's has such a unique dynamic with all the other characters. I can't imagine she really like any of the members, but is tagging along because the Empire needs her to. So it's always a bit disappointing when PoorWeather isn't there, but hey, if she's busy then she's busy. Real life and responsibilities tend to get in the way of fun and we, as listeners, have to respect you guys' time.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

You should never discount the usefulness or need of a good chamber pot. Comfort is a very important thing.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Gensuki posted:

:3:

Agatha is actually speaking all the time in a frequency only Felines can hear.

Manuel can hear it to, but he pretends he can't because he doesn't want to draw that kind of attention to himself.

Fortunately for us, due to the Nyquist theorem (or Nyquist Frequency) the highest possible frequency of a digital waveform is half it's sample rate. So as long these podcasts aren't in anything above 44.1k Agatha's messages (most likely dastardly plans for a cat rebellion) shall go unheard. Unfortunately for us, cats pretty much already rule so I don't get what her plan really is. Clearly she hadn't thought this through very well.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Cat Cannon! The dastardly cats strike again! Just another hint that the cats are behind it all.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The elf queen is probably evil. You can't trust an elf. Elf begins with "E" and so does evil. Coincidence? I think not!

Good thing our brave team has no elves in it! :ssh:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

It took me a while to realize that the Great Gold Wyrm wasn't the Great Gold Worm since when I first started listening to this podcast I didn't really look at the thread to avoid spoilers. I was way more on board with it when I thought it was a giant earth worm.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

This episode was great all the way through. Margret's comments about dwarves at the beginning to rolling a "fulcrum" check. loving love it.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Gilder Goldenbrass, forever and always.

Though he's more of a nuisance than an enemy.

e: Make him team up with Slamby.

I'm in full support of this idea. Our lives need more Goldenbrass.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Man there really are a lot of characters, huh? I don't even remember a Greased Alphonse, but I'm awful with names.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I better have a full report on all the pizza that is bought through embezzlement and perhaps audio recordings of said pizza being eaten.

But seriously, it's awesome how well this is doing for you guys already.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

If you guys are looking for original music I'd love to help out once I'm a bit more settled (I'll be moving soon). In the meantime I might have theme that could work. I wrote it years ago for a podcast that never went anywhere but am a big fan of it. The person back then wanted something similar to the Black Books theme. I'd probably do a new version though as I've gotten much better software and know how to use it better. It's also probably too long.

Regardless I was thinking about doing some sort of musical fanart for series sometime. Probably call it something dumb like "Lame Ugly."

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Session 43 has been pretty awesome so far.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Oh poo poo that ending...

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

If only I, a mere listener, could some how also get a candy bar carried by Bella Canto. But that would be impossible.... :D

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Fortunately I had a cinnamon pop tart to satiate my desire for a churro.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I support the idea of having pit traps within pit traps.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I love how the Battlevan went from a Van to an Airship. I imagine it as some sort of flying fortress now.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Drakkel posted:

It still has a Wizard painted on the side, we've decided.

Awwwhhh yeah. They should be fighting a dragon and the back should have a lovely serene mountain painting on the back that people behind you can't see through. There should be bumper stickers too, but I can't think of any good ones. "My other ride is Small Rigby"...? "#1 Grand Handsome fan"...? "World's greatest mom"...? (for Margret obviously)

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

How come I have a feeling that the first thing that will happen in Session 47 is that the B.A.T.T.L.E.V.A.N. will crash and they'll have to end up walking the whole way?

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Margret is just a big fan of Suikoden 4 and is always cosplaying as Paula. (That's what the art of that pog is from) Which is kind of interesting since that character has a sort of similar story as Margret. She was also an elf who grew up in human culture, joined the military, and has doesn't really want to be a part of elf culture. However that character has little to no personality and was largely forgettable in a large cast of other largely forgettable characters.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

So Slots is basically Cait Sith from FF7, right? He's actually a remote controlled dummy controlled by a good guy who's on the bad guy's side. So who is he secretly controlled by? My guess is someone that's rather gilded. Perhaps even golden. Who's tones could only recreated using brass instruments.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. They could probably find another anyway.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Except Slots's goal isn't the aversion of the end of life as we know it. He's just some kleptomaniac.

Hey now. That's a strong accusation. He gathers things to make himself a better person.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Ooo So much stuff to listen to!

What was the other session with Claude and the gang? I think I may need to a refresh on that group.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I always pictured Claude looking like the guy who played Hercules in all those Italian Hercules movies from the 50's and 60's. Y'know the ones that were episodes of MST3k. Apparently that guy's name is Steve Reeves and he had a not-so-impressive beard.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I really like the way it resolved and am interested to see how things end up with Claude meets with the main gang.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Drakkel posted:

We'll just ship him off to the manor so he and Slamby can be grody together.

Dude, spoilers.

But really. I imagine that.. what's her name (I'm terrible with names).. the changeling could do something about Claude's condition. Or at least give him mech armor which is essentially a solution to a problem Claude has (in that he doesn't have mech armor.)

D_W fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 10, 2014

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

God dammit Rip! Man I love that the cargo bay thing came into play. I kind of wish it happened much later in the series, but I have a feeling that Battle Van Orblord will not be long for this world.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

gnome7 posted:

That new intro is incredible, good gosh. Wolfshirt really outdid himself there.

My favorite moment of the 49 episodes out? Definitely Margaret's ridiculous skulk-fest over at Equinox Manor. "If anyone comes near these tents they're getting an arrow right between the eyes. I don't care if they're ten years old." Thanks Margo, you're my favorite.

The poker game in the hellhole was also absolutely incredible, and a definite highlight.

My favorite moment was when the rest of the gang met Margret's step sister and Margret wanted so little to do with it she just ignored everyone and hung out underwater.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

On the subject of non-cannon side characters. A couple of weeks ago I had a idea that involved a campaign of the Goldenbrass extended family. I don't remember much of it, but they all had similar names. The one that stood out the most of Gilder's younger brother, the Gallant Gelder "the Elder" Goldenbrass. Nicknamed such due to the Goldbrass family tradition of ironic rhyming nicknames. He was also always referred to by his full name, nick name, and title. Unlike his older brother though, he was a pretty cool dude. I don't remember much of goal of dream campaign outside of a bit about the history of the family.

It's awkward admitting all this.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

From the most recent session "Nice Pile."

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I've been relistening to the older ones and Session 7a is definitely an all time classic. Margret's indecision about what to ask of the Seer to Old Man Nav. I think that's even where they decide to build a restaurant in the Battle Barge.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Rannos22 posted:

Not sure if you all know this but a lot of the early episode links in the OP are busted.

Yeah, but you can find all the archive here: http://feats.podbean.com/ That's where I've been listening to them. The links should be updated though.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Episode 50c is loving stellar all the way through.

The Breakfast Cult is going great, but god damnit Ironicus. "They came over on the anime-flower." You're as bad (ie good) as Geop.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Admittedly, while I really enjoyed the Breakfast Cult podcasts, I found keeping track of everything a bit difficult. The GM sounded a bit nervous too. hehe, but still did a great job. Chet was undoubtedly the star of the show. He fed a door to a plant. He's soooooo dreamy. The game sounds really neat. I see that it is well passed it's funding goal.

Also! If anyone reading liked the background music, some of it was mine. I wrote up an unfocused, unproof-read, verbose, technobabbly blog about the three pieces I wrote and what I learned. You can read it here if you're so inclined.

D_W fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 23, 2014

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Moteja is an anagram for Toe Jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I've not listened to 51-3 yet, but I'm really surprised no one made a "Why we walking like this?" joke in 51-2.

• Locked thread