Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Network broadcast is the first I've been able to see of Total Divas. Right now, Vinnie and Ariane are fighting because his penis is too big and having sex hurts her.

This. This is what large parts of Raw are being focused on.

(At least Trinity is p.cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm more disturbed by the how frequently they're on their phones while driving, and within that how rare it is they are using hands-free sets.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't see them upholding the no-Total-Divas-get-the-title rule with Paige involved. That would limit how many women could hold the title to basically just AJ, Emma and Tamina, and even if they brought up NXT women to compensate, that's still a very limited pool. I would hope that by adding Alicia Fox and Paige they're just opening up their options for crossover storylines and are trying to bring more of the Total Divas audience in to the wrestling shows and/or giving themselves more of an excuse to involve Total Divas with whatever is happening with the belt. It's not like they would have taken the belt off AJ if she'd agreed to be on the show.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yeah, I meant to mention that and forgot while typing. Tweets don't mean poo poo and Paige will hashtag just about anything, but that is a bit of an odd one to come up with. Very choice wording.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I wish my school's anti-drug drives could have been headed up by Paige and Natalya.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's wrestling, of course they're making her tee-hee gay.

Also, seriously: the gently caress else would you have Rosa Mendes do? I'm surprised they trusted her with anything more than a handshake.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Eltoasto posted:

Fire everyone but Paige, make it the Paige show with just clips of her loving around backstage.
Not wanting to sound too :britain:, but I sincerely think a TV show that is just Paige and BNB being dicks to people would be a hit. If they're ever injured again, that's how you keep them on TV.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yeah, I watched quite recently when Regal was tweeting about Robbie a bunch. It did make me think that they're kinda wasting Regal now by not using him as a heel manager full time. Adrian Neville's not exactly dynamite on the mic, Regal would be an excellent mouthpiece for him. I hope he's at least able to spend a lot of time with the NXT talent and pass some of that on.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
"What I don't get is that if you're somebody that knows what you're doing and you're confident in your work, why would you lower yourself to do something that is just trying to get attention?" - Natalya, talking about Paige... to Cameron and Eva. :allears:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Even Eva Marie has done (very, very slightly) better in NXT than on Raw or Smackdown. No woman or midcard man deserves to be judged solely on what they get to do on Raw/Smackdown.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She didn't actually gently caress up in that match, though, which is a step up from any Raw match she's had.

I mean yes we're talking the most backhanded of compliments here, but going <3 minutes without being totally poo poo is an improvement.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Naomi/Trinity comes across as a pretty stable, positive role model.

ed: Oh yeah they ditched her, nevermind. I guess Paige and Alicia? Not that they've done much yet.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I just kept laughing every time Eva talked about working hard to be at the top and losing her 'push'.

As for it reflecting on WWE, it's a reality show. Everything is sculpted to be as much of an end-times, career- and relationship-ending big deal as possible. Have you never watched a reality show before? Spilling someone's drink is played out like a death threat. Fearing your job is at risk if you get a bit of a cough is absolutely standard for all such shows.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I, for my sins, have somehow* ended up watching Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Made In Chelsea and LA Ink. (Granted the last one isn't quite the same, but they still overreact to everything.) Eventually you do become jaded/immune enough to the formula to spot these patterns. Never think anything on a reality show actually reflects reality in any way. It's much wiser to simply assume it's as scripted and edited as an episode of Smackdown.

*okay, I love this trash poo poo really

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I now can't believe they've not given Cena that music for real.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
DB, Titus, Paige and Alicia should have their own show. They can just walk around telling people what the gently caress.
And I know it's scripted to buggery, but Rosa is now more obnoxious than Eva or Cameron have ever been. Hell, I'll even go so far as to say Eva's downfall-of-the-week seemed genuinely sympathetic on this episode. Rosa is just loving intolerable even by faux-reality standards.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
He really looks like a 'Bob'.

VoLaTiLe posted:

I'm hoping by next season at least Rosa and Cameron are gone then replaced by Summer Rae and Naomi.
Naomi didn't do anything particularly interesting when she was on and most of her stuff just revolved around Jimmy Uso being a cockend. Summer Rae was pretty good but everything she did Paige now does better, though she is really good on her and Renee's recap/aftershow on YouTube.

If Rosa could kindly gently caress off and not be replaced by anybody that'd be just grand.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

flashy_mcflash posted:

Don't forget that they also did that thing last week with Nattie and Paige. They're really going to the lesbian well a little too often here.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't understand what the point of Rosa existing in the WWE is.
Someone's gotta be the token fuckup.

quote:

She isn't that hot, in fact IMO she looks like a plastic surgery monster,
Attractiveness is entirely subjective, of course, but even if it was not, look at the company you're talking about. WWE's idea of female attractiveness is and always has been to get as close to a living Barbie doll as possible. The most objective, go-to best look in WWE's mind is a female Tango Man.
(Dubious disclaimer before this goes down a real neckbeard path: personally, I think Rosa is exceptionally good-looking, if not necessarily appealing to my taste.)

quote:

her personality is incredibly bland and akward, she can't wrestle, and she doesn't seem to have any political pull.
Again, all par for the course with WWE. We're actually living in a previously unheard of era where the majority of women in on-screen roles in WWE have—when allowed to display—a personality and can—when allowed to—wrestle. It wasn't that long ago that someone like Nikki Bella would have stood out as a shining beacon of talent within the womens' division.

quote:

I don't know why she is employed instead of some other 21 year old model/actress,
Because she's the one who's willing to aggressively sexually persue the 21-year-olds.

quote:

and if she's only still around for Total Divas I'm sure someone else could step down to fill that role.
I don't think switching Rosa for a second Eva Marie would achieve anything.

I really do not like Rosa and of all the on-screen employees of WWE I do think she is the first who should be given the boot. Even without the Total Divas magnified-for-TV drama, I consider her aggressively bad enough on Raw and Smackdown that she should be cut. However, I also completely understand why she's still around, even if I'd rather she was not.

edit: I can not believe I wrote all those words about Rosa loving Mendes I mean jesus gently caress why. God help me.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
This episode just reenforced my opinion that the show should really be Paige and Alicia making GBS threads on everyone with Daniel Bryan cackling in the background.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Naomi and Sasha Banks may take exception to that notion.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She's not been on WWE TV much, either. She was doing house shows tagging with Sasha Banks for a while, but Alicia Fox seems to have taken that spot now. Which is ironic.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I love Brie of 'Brie mode' fame not knowing what Sambuca's meant to taste like, though having your own theme on your phone is redemption enough. Wouldn't pick Bimingham myself (famed for stabbings, prostitution, rape and misery), but I do want a night out drinking with Paige and Brie with ~*brie mo0o0ode*~ playing constantly. Curse that Dan Ryckert's luck.

And all it took was a 5 second clip of Eva from next week to bring me down again.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Paige would be the most over face in this company if more people watched Total Divas.

Padje posted:

I was part of that night out for 5 minutes. I witnessed Brie Mode first hand. It's small and grabby.
So, white girl drunk, gotcha.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That was the most boring episode in a season and a half and it still entertained me more than Fastlane. What the gently caress is wrong with me/this company.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm really not comfortable with the notion that Jerry is seen as someone to be consulted on appearances, let alone that of the women.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They seem to have really given up with Eva this season. She's just... there.

ed: look, I know it's as fake as anything, but are we really supposed to buy that TJ could just gently caress off to a modelling career without all-controlling WWE caring?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Natalya redeemed.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That's really not a million miles away. He's pretty brutal and by all accounts a bit of a dodgy wheeler-dealer. I'm pretty sure he's done hard time for various violent charges.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Her brothers are still working as a tag team at whatever B-tier UK promotions need bodies to fill a card and keep telling people to harass Triple H into hiring them. The younger one had a kid shortly after (during?) filming that documentary and has kept relatively quiet by Knight family standards; he's put on a bit of weight and I don't believe he's had any contact with WWE since his Smackdown appearance. The elder one mostly complains about messing up his football career, and, ironically enough, now has a really tasteless sleeve of a naked anime girl.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I would honestly forgive Vince and Kevin of their many, many flaws and mistakes if they had Nikki Bella walk while being Divas champion.

Then come back demanding ice cream bars.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I bet they gave her some ridiculous contract upfront because they thought she would be this big breakout star and they didn't learn any lessons from Kelly Kelly. They've very noticably given her the bare minimum screen time on Raw and Smackdown and on this they've kept her away from the other women for most of the last season and a half. They've moved Jojo, Naomi and Summer Rae on easily enough, so I assume they would have gotten rid of Eva by now if they could.

Either that or Executive Producer Kevin is the one dictating the cast.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
So a "selfie" is strictly female and we now have a male-gendered term for when men take a picture of themselves? My photography lecturer is rolling in his grave.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Push Renee to the moon.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Until now, I had assumed it was Cameron the others were making GBS threads on, given she's not been on TV in an age and she's just as bad as and more transparent than Eva.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

dromal phrenia posted:

as she defeats Nikki with a top-rope yoshitonic for the title.
You joke, but a standing yoshi tonic was Paige's finish pre-WWE and she did a second-rope one a couple of times. Eva Marie using the top-rope yoshi tonic would be three degrees of meta genius too far for WWE to think of.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Call Me Charlie posted:

Nothing says babyface in the reality era like stopping Nikki the day after she breaks AJ's streak and doing a couple flippy moves.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Eva's husband is so obnoxious he actually makes Eva seem tolerable.

Also this show needs more of Daniel Bryan laughing at Brie Bella getting things wrong.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I want to go clubbing with kayfabe Lana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She was right, though. I can't stand when American tourists come over here and try to do "British" things which aren't actually typically British and are more often than not some sort of thinly-veiled joke at our expense.

(I used to work at a tea rooms. It was nothing but tourists.)
(gently caress Nikki.)

• Locked thread