Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah don't get windows 8 ever

E: because it's a windows 8 issue

It came with a free computer. :negative:

(oddly enough, unity fuckery is the only actual issue i've run into so far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uPen posted:

LTS for 7 ends in January.

I know but that doesn't make window 8 a good os

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Goatress' monologue softlocked my game, new log coming soon. Game still runs but none of the ui responds other than the little bouncy effect for clicking on things.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Unormal posted:

Ok, new build's live on Steam with a fixed Goatress encounter.

I got to Goatress but as soon as she came on screen the game kind of froze. I can click on items and they will shake, music is still playing, but I cant move and clicking anything does nothing.

Game is awesome though. Will pick it up for sure!

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 13, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I know but that doesn't make window 8 a good os

Yeah, but Unity isn't a very good engine, either :v:

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

Could someone explain this game to me? I downloaded it and am playing it and the bewilderment has yet to wear off. Is Tarn Adams a political conservative, by chance?

I guess it's ten years old but still, hahahahahhaha what the gently caress

LCS is more of a parody than anything else. I mean, you recruit poor hippies in vegan cafes and can use light machine guns to advocate for greater gun control. Even the polar statistics (Heart vs Wisdom) are furthering the joke.

I wish there were more games where you order lieutenants around. The only other one I know of is Gangsters.

One who is Rad
Mar 30, 2010
I found a scroll of wonder which seemed to make multiple dimensional doors open up and more powerful versions of the goatmen and spiders pop out with no sign of stopping. I managed to squeeze my way past them all using shield wall and cleave but it never felt unfair, the monsters still had the same low levels of HP, I just had to think about my moves more and manage my stamina.

The Goatress's lair was empty for me too, but I just thought the beta ended there. :v:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

One who is Rad posted:

I found a scroll of wonder which seemed to make multiple dimensional doors open up and more powerful versions of the goatmen and spiders pop out with no sign of stopping. I managed to squeeze my way past them all using shield wall and cleave but it never felt unfair, the monsters still had the same low levels of HP, I just had to think about my moves more and manage my stamina.

The Goatress's lair was empty for me too, but I just thought the beta ended there. :v:

The wonder scrolls can still have some results that are laughably not finished, but sometimes amusing.

Just posted a build fixing the Goatress soft lock. You should be able to play through Big Tree with content.

e: Also messed up the survey link in the OP the first time, fixed now.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 13, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Just had a level with nonstop portals to the giant yellow dude with a club dimension.

Don't click on the ? above the yellow slime in town after the second boss, it'll lock you game.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 13, 2014

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
Any challenges ongoing for DCSS?
Like a tournament-inbetween-the-tournament?
Best Regards,
RG

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Not as far as I know but I think 0.15 is getting close.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Don't click on the ? above the yellow slime in town after the second boss, it'll lock you game.

A fix for this is live.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
So I've been playing this for a bit and just filled out the survey. I'd like to add that it'd be nice if the windowed mode let you select specific resolutions, just a quibble really.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I went back to the first dungeon with a thief and an ice cube spawned on every level. It didn't affect anything, just sat there. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299987317

Also hitting f12 to take that screenshot opens the console and I can't figure out how to close it. Type close.

My thief gear didn't show up in the shop afterwards.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 13, 2014

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

I went back to the first dungeon with a thief and an ice cube spawned on every level. It didn't affect anything, just sat there. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299987317

Also hitting f12 to take that screenshot opens the console and I can't figure out how to close it. Type close.

My thief gear didn't show up in the shop afterwards.

You can also just hit enter on a blank line to close it.

Posted a fix at lunchtime for the Big Tree boss soft-locking.

Funny ice cube/thief gear are known issues; should be fixed fairly soon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Enter on a blank line was the first thing I tried, actually.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Unormal posted:

You can also just hit enter on a blank line to close it.

Posted a fix at lunchtime for the Big Tree boss soft-locking.

Funny ice cube/thief gear are known issues; should be fixed fairly soon.

Summoned monsters could do with a default behavior to swap places with them rather than attack wen you try to enter their square.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So why do some levels turn into portals to the giant yellow dude dimension? This time the portals blocked the way to stairs and by the time I realized the stairs were that direction they covered half the level. Then I finally made it to the stairs only for something to trigger my teleport armor.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Unormal posted:

Posted a fix at lunchtime

Ain't that the best? So happy with the ease of dropping Steam updates.

Where's your preorder page!?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wizards don't get gear, at all.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

madjackmcmad posted:

Ain't that the best? So happy with the ease of dropping Steam updates.

Where's your preorder page!?

Yeah, the build system for Steam is pretty slick, I like it a lot. I just need to get over the :effort: speedbump of doing command-line unity builds and updating my steam build VM, and it'll be super-slick one touch build deployment. It's so easy to do manually I haven't been driven to exert the effort to automate it yet.

I've got a defect in queue to make friendlies swap positions, I agree it's pretty annoying in its current form!

The biggest bug with the portals at the moment is that summoning scrolls will cause friendly portal-summoning mushrooms to appear... but their portals aren't friendly!

Wizard/Vampire gear is in flux at the moment, should be working in the next couple weeks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Unormal posted:

Yeah, the build system for Steam is pretty slick, I like it a lot. I just need to get over the :effort: speedbump of doing command-line unity builds and updating my steam build VM, and it'll be super-slick one touch build deployment. It's so easy to do manually I haven't been driven to exert the effort to automate it yet.

I've got a defect in queue to make friendlies swap positions, I agree it's pretty annoying in its current form!

The biggest bug with the portals at the moment is that summoning scrolls will cause friendly portal-summoning mushrooms to appear... but their portals aren't friendly!

Wizard/Vampire gear is in flux at the moment, should be working in the next couple weeks.

Also, are the slime things that respawn from their own pool supposed to respawn that fast and make the later levels with a lot of them extremely difficult to get through (because you can't walk over their pools fast enough to clear them before new ones pop up) or is that a bug? One attempt I ended up having so many of them spawn on a turn that the game froze.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The timers on the red slimes exploding is kinda weird. Most of the time they blow up after your next action but sometimes you get 2 or 3 turns.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Does anyone know if there are any coop FPSish roguelikes? Preferrably not in alpha?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I guess I'll start over and see if warrior is any good. Shame about the thief weapon bug, it's my favorite class so far.

E: New game without tutorial starts you with the second quest instead of the first. I still got the chest and building, it was just a little odd.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 14, 2014

One who is Rad
Mar 30, 2010
The healing potion in Sproggiwood is amazing, but overshadows the other consumables. Players are going to bring the one healing item with them on every mission, totally ignoring the other scrolls and potions you can buy at the farm.

It's 100% instant healing, who wouldn't take it every time?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like dungeon 4 (which I know you said is unfinished but I tried anyway) doesn't spawn stairs and only has black slimes for enemies. Also the puddles left by the purple slimes don't seem to do anything.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 14, 2014

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So when will we be able to preorder this? It looks fun as heck.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Similarly interested in preordering here.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What now?

Tremis
Nov 30, 2013
Sproggi reminds me of Shiren a bit. Saw this awhile ago on indiegameblog. Interest increasing.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's a very passive-aggressive shrine.

e: I'll post a build this evening with a bunch of UI bug fixes and a tweak to fix the misplaced shrines.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 15, 2014

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

If you can't sidestep through blocked passageways diagonally, it's not a real roguelike. :colbert: That's the only metric that matters.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can you charge through it? I'm pretty sure archers can roll through.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cobweb Heart posted:

If you can't sidestep through blocked passageways diagonally, it's not a real roguelike. :colbert: That's the only metric that matters.

You can't do this in Sil. :ohdear:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

uPen posted:

You can't do this in Sil. :ohdear:

Nor Brogue.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Exactly.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I don't really read this thread but I just wanted to (hopefully) echo the sentiment that Crypt of the Necrodancer loving owns.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Your game looks neat, Unormal. Good luck with the release!

In other news, I've been playing a lot of Desktop Dungeons lately. I really like the "puzzle" gameplay even if some of the challenges make me feel like a retard because I can't find the way to complete them. Anybody else playing that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cobweb Heart posted:

You can't do this in Nethack if your pack is too full.

And if your pack isn't full at all times you're not a real roguelike player, obviously.