Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Humans Among Us posted:

Love your reviews Zombie Samurai

also Qud has amazing descriptions of stuff:

Fukken antelopes and they got drat book larnin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

So I've been playing a lot of DCSS lately, but otherwise I'm a total newcomer. I really love the "sneak up on someone and gut them with a sharp pointy thing" mechanic and Spriggans seem to excel at this. However, they are way too fragile when the poo poo inevitably hits the fan and you've already cashed in your stealth advantage. Any recommendations for a race for such a build?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Are there any plans to offer Dungeonmans on Linux? I'd love to play it, but I'm stuck on this lovely Ubuntu box.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

RickVoid posted:

Just downloaded Demon, and I've got an issue. This is actually a common issue for me when I try to run games that are built in unity.

The window that opens is too tall, and cannot be adjusted. A chunk of the screen is under my task bar, meaning that text tends to run down where I can't read it, particularly at the start when I'm selecting what I assume is my starting artifact?

I'm running win 7 using a widescreen monitor in 1280 x 720.

Find the image file that goes in the launch window and just delete it. This works for every Unity game with the launcher.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

RickVoid posted:

This sound like something that would probably work if I had the first idea how to go about doing it. Thanks though.

It's usually not hard, just look in the folder where the game is. If memory serves me there's often a "Unity Launcher" subfolder. Just double-click all the image files until you find the one you're looking for. Delete it.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

RickVoid posted:

Yeah, there's nothing like that. Pretty sure it's something I'm just going to have to deal with until/unless the dev codes in the ability to adjust the window size/resolution. For now I can just move my task bar to a vertical position on the side of the screen. The bottom of my monitor is now only cutting off a few pixels this way.

Are we talking about the Unity Launcher window being too tall? If so, the image files is there. I just checked 3 installs that used the Unity Launcher and for each of them there's a file in there called ScreenSelector.png. You can delete this with no repercussions and it'll fix the problem.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Highblood posted:

So I guess I should play Elona+ now, any tips?

You may think you can play the piano, but let me tell you brother, you can't.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Are there any RLs for professional posting in GBS?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

You could combine all these ideas. Rather than fighting food, you fight customers a la Cook, Serve, Delicious to unlock new stations and cool kitchen tools. Each series of fights is a new night of service where you have to battle the customers in RL battles where you can use some of the tools you've acquired and also have the option to eat the ingredients for stat boosts and other fun stuff. Only if you eat your lobster to gain +atk for one customer, another might come in after and demand lobster!

Bosses could be critics of various stripes. First starting with lowly bloggers and Yelp reviewers, then moving up to local media jerks, then finally a trio hot shot Michelin Reviewers (who remain in shadow of course) to get each of your three stars.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

Anthony Bourdain teaches you through the tutorial.

"Before we move on to the next Chapter in this tutorial, Mise en Place and You, please hoover up this fat rail of coke."

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

victrix posted:

Please make a AAA roguelike

YOU DIED

BUY 500 DUNGEONPOINTS TO REVIVE? CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE DUNGEON SHOPPE!

PRE-ORDER PROCEDURAL MAP EXPANSION 1500 DUNGEONPOINTS!!!

PURCHASE SPECIALLY MARKED MOUNTAIN DEW CANS TO UNLOCK RANDOM GEAR CODES!

The notion of paying a surcharge for more procedurally generated content makes me laugh. I'm sure someone will try it some day.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Put your left foot in.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

D.....Donald????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

andrew smash posted:

i love the "THIS GAME IS REAL EARLY ACCESS NOT BETA", i get what's he's saying but at the same time bitch i've been playing this poo poo for 6 years and compared to what it was like back then, etc.

The last two paragraphs are hilarious:

quote:

This game, overall, has a high barrier to entry. If you overcome it, though, the world beyond is rich and lovely, as a hundred other reviews will attest.

Caves of Qud is a lovely roguelike with beautiful tile art, a piece of far-future fiction that sci fi fans will immensely enjoy.

THUMBS DOWN :bahgawd: