Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
D-Damnit, I always miss the keys to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You wouldn't have liked it anyways; it doesn't feature women turning into toilets.

Tin Tim posted:

Unormal just release so that I can give you my money hrrng

But you don't even have time for other games with the new hot Darkstar Boundsouls update :shrug:

loving lol.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
A few posts back there was talk about DoomRL and DoomRPG, how do i get RL to work on GZdoom?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

DoomRL is a roguelike based on doom, not a mod. Although I think there is now a DoomRL-based mod for Doom proper as well.

Aye, i realize, i was just talking about the wad.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Hey, so i've been playing DOOM RPG quite a bit and have just found out that its apparently also Multiplayer Compatible. would any of you want to give it a go?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Rutibex posted:

If you get to pimp your goon-made rogue-like than so do I :D Looks good by the way, the graphics are a lot clearer to what your doing than when I last saw it.

I'm not a "real" programmer or anything, and it's just written in RPG Maker MV, but I think it's pretty rad! Its called Final Fantasy R, and like its name suggests it's a FF rogue-like combination. I had been playing a lot of FF6 Randomizer, the program that turns the FF6 ROM into a Rogue-like, and I wanted something a little more flexible. I just added an ending, so the game can now be beaten (in theory). I've never actually done it myself, there are major balances that still need to be done, but I'm sure its theoretically possible now!
http://rpgmaker.net/games/8399/

Heya, i'll give this a try.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

baram. posted:

is there a guide to set this all up? i tried setting up something similar awhile ago but gave up before it ever worked.

What do you mean? are you downloading the launcher aswell? because it comes with patches that work with Arsenal and its monster mod.

If you're talking about key bindings, i think all you need to do is rebind the movement keys (ASWD for me), the Reload key to R and you're done

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I have never used a Doom mod and have no idea how any of these mod combinations work and how to use all of them at once. How would I do so?

I'm gonna assume you've already downloaded Doom RPG and RL
Download This and place it into the same folders as your doom stuff, aswell as point them to what needs to be pointed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2321290/Doom%20RPG%20Launcher.zip
Be sure to use a dev build of GZdoom aswell

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

You actually don't want to use a dev build now. A stable release happened and dev builds are very experimental and break everything constantly.

Huh, didnt realize that

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

By Doom RL you mean Doom RL Arsenal? If that's the case it is taking centuries to download even though its less than 100 Mbs.

I dont know what to tell you on that one, do you have a bandwidth limit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Well gently caress it, I'm getting started!

Only forever hours to go!

Good luck friend. I wish i could do this myself, but i have no idea how to code, much less where to start,