Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

It should be noted that Thomas Biskup is a bit of a dink, but also that he crowdsourced funding to continue development on ADOM back in 2012, and there have been updates since then. Of note, graphics are coming.

Graphics are already integrated, just not the entire set. The latest pre-release has them.

Jordan7hm posted:

If anyone has games to add, let me know. Particularly interesting smaller / older RLs.

Legends of Yore (Android/iOS), Sword of Fargoal (kickstarted sequel) (PC/iOS) for smaller/mobile ones.

Alphaman as an older RL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Happylisk posted:

In ADOM news, Biskup has released the latest build to the public:

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2013/11/adom-120-prerelease-18-is-available-for.html

So if you didn't donate to the campaign, now you can check out those tiles!

Anyone good with emulation know how to get this release working with an Amiga Emulator on Android?

It would be nice to have ADOM to go for once.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Posting in the correct thread this time (sorry ToME players):

Just noticed that there a few free hoplite codes left by browsing the roguelike subreddit (thanks to the roguelike of the year vote directing me there).

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Oh man, I knew buying Crypt of the Necrodancer would be a bad idea but I had no idea just how much. 8 hours in 2 days. :(

People like Bananasaurus Rex are monsters for being able to be so adept at a game in just ~160 hours.

EDIT: It's especially hilarious because I keep stuttering with everything I do for like ~30 minutes after playing it. Especially with mouse scrolling.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Anyone have good music recommendations for Crypt of the Necrodancer custom music?

So far I got La Roux's Sexotheque which is amazing.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Fourthed. It's the only first person roguelike that actually gets that description right. I don't feel like I'm limited in my first person physics/movement, but the number of enemies and pickups is perfectly consistent with what I expect to get in any given dungeon floor and I'm forced to always move and re-decide how to attack a particular set of enemies. It might be a little on the easy side, and the enemy variety might need a little improvement but it's fun. So fun.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If two more people want in to cogmind let me know. I have PMs and I'm ClappingCactus on Steam.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

andrew smash posted:

I'd be down to take part in a cogmind 3 pack as well, if anybody else is interested.

Alright. One more person say yes.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

me. Who wants to buy?

Not me. I have no interest in the forum badge at the dev website! Decide between the two of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

andrew smash posted:

You don't have plat i guess so if you are still interested paypal me 20 bucks and include an email address i can reach you at.

Done.

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 10, 2015