Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I really shoulda taken a 2nd post, didn't expect so much extra to pop up for the OP. I have a bunch of the UI changing scripts and other such posts saved to a text file I'll be adding in as soon as sandwichly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Screw it dude, just make a new OP. Nothing of value will be lost.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dr. Lariat posted:

I really shoulda taken a 2nd post, didn't expect so much extra to pop up for the OP. I have a bunch of the UI changing scripts and other such posts saved to a text file I'll be adding in as soon as sandwichly possible.

Just put a link at the bottom of the OP to a post and update that post.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

TetsuoTW posted:

I can't get this to work at all. I installed it, it's activated, but nothing changed at all.

On the Greasemonkey dropdown menu, at the very bottom, does it say "No installed scripts run on this page" even though you have saltybet.com open in the active tab?

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
I dont know who this Dragon Claw is, but I am loving his Zack Snyder slow mo supers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dragon Claw has some fantastic sprite work.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Screw it dude, just make a new OP. Nothing of value will be lost.

Split the discussion into two threads, I say. One for realtime chat about the stream (essentially this thread) and one for more slow-paced, in depth discussion about Saltybet.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
A thread to discuss the inevitable autonomous salty betting AI. :psylon:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

On the Greasemonkey dropdown menu, at the very bottom, does it say "No installed scripts run on this page" even though you have saltybet.com open in the active tab?
It did, but I reinstalled the script and now it's fine.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

The real Ash is the one who comes in a car, right?

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Ouch. That was not the real one.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
There is no real Ash.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mr Scumbag posted:

Split the discussion into two threads, I say. One for realtime chat about the stream (essentially this thread) and one for more slow-paced, in depth discussion about Saltybet.

Is there actually enough slow-paced in depth discussion about Saltybet?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, not that it mattered which Ash this was, Warakia is OP and even hurt Ronald earlier.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

InnercityGriot posted:

Yeah, not that it mattered which Ash this was, Warakia is OP and even hurt Ronald earlier.
Wasn't that Warachia?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Oh no, It's a fraud tung fu rue and a real megazord?!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Welp there goes all my money. :negative:

roboblart
Sep 10, 2012
Never always bet on megazord.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Der Shovel posted:

There was a bunch of chat earlier on IRC about making MUGEN characters and the technical setup of the whole thing. I reckon there's enough to sustain a thread that'd benefit from not having posts swallowed by touhou upsets.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
God dbz characters always have the worst ai possible.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

OK so now I have a new problem - when the script's active, I can't see the bottom of the stream, so I can't change the volume (and it's always weirdly semi-muted when I load it up for some reason, so that means the volume's completely hosed with the script on).

e: Should mention that I'm running it through Tampermonkey on Chrome, not Greasemonkey on Firefox, so maybe that's doing it.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 12, 2013

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

GeckoMissingo posted:

To be fair Jimmy Lee didn't give Buu a chance to throw a punch

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
So there's two good Ninja Megazords. Good to know.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

GeckoMissingo posted:

What would happen if DBZ characters started using their meters?

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Tools and Scripts!

President Ark posted:

This was just posted in the stream chat, and it makes the website much easier on the eyes (imo):

http://userstyles.org/styles/89757/dark-salt?r=1373241178

Charkie posted:

Mr. Swoon made an updated version of the greasemonkey script for betting I posted about earlier:

You can use click those buttons to bid $10,100,1000,10k or those percentages of your total.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/175520

Mr Scumbag posted:

For those of you who use Firefox, the Tile Tabs addon can make your SaltyBet experience a whole lot better:

(SaltyBet Twitch stream, betting interface, stats page, SA SaltyBet thread, and the SA Saltybet IRC chat) Just lay it out how you want it to look and hit F11 and you essentially have a fullscreen all-in-one SaltyBet interface!

I'm sure there is equivalent page tiling addons for other browsers, for those who don't have Firefox. The 15 minutes it takes to set up is well worth the convenience of having everything on screen at the same time. If you want to add even more poo poo, you could offload the stream to another monitor.

kick_the_penguin posted:

So I couldn't sleep last night and someone asked for a Greasemonkey script to add some buttons to edit your wager so that you can Saltybet without using the keyboard.

I think I've got it working, you can get it here.. Please let me know if it's broken, people were having issues last night but I think I've fixed that (it was a broken include that I didn't notice because I was running a local copy)

Troll posted:

Anyone happen to know if the entire match history was posted somewhere? There are legends of it but it hasn't materialized. I want to integrate it into my tracker.

http://hightower-software.com/salty

Not sure it will survive a goon rush, but who knows.

bloodynose posted:

Updated SaltyBet - The Important Bits userscript to v0.3. Way better bottom bar now. Enjoy

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 16, 2013

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Well, it's kind of hard to tell since whenever something is mentioned in this thread that could get more in-depth, it's quickly overtaken by a bunch of posts chatting about the stream. As mentioned already, there are people who want to talk about Mugen characters in the context of Saltybet and it would also be a good place to talk "strategy", userscripts and potential apps, stat-tracking, etc or to tell tales of great wins and losses beyond "Back to the salt mines" or "I just won $10,000".

Worst case scenario, no-one bothers to post and it falls into obscurity.

Pangalin
Aug 11, 2007

Grown men are talking.
There's something great about "Still More Fighting" kicking in on the 5th round of a match decided entirely by timeouts.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Haha, I went all in on Mio. That was the closest match I've seen on saltybet

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Jesus look at that big rear end raptor

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Rock Lee's got burning heart, that's for sure

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lee ain't afraid of no giant raptors with shittons of health and damage.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

psychofishhead posted:

Jesus look at that big rear end raptor

gently caress that no blocking dinosaur for costing me all my money!

roboblart
Sep 10, 2012

Observe Me posted:

gently caress that no blocking dinosaur for costing me all my money!

gently caress! Only bet on primal rage dinosaurs.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Raptor sucks, literally throws out like five moves a match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Thank you Raptor for being so lovely, you made me 200 big ones.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Same. Couldn't vote for a drat raptor

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Hey look its Advol- that guy with the long name.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I continue to be disgusted by non waifu betters

I mean even if they're going to lose

WHERE ARE YOUR LOYALTIES

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Oh great. I bet on the guy that blows himself up. Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
What's she jumping up in the air fo- Oh my god :stare:

• Locked thread