Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
This is both the most surreal thing and somehow incredibly educational about betting and gambling.

It tells me i love the former and should forever stay away from the latter. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Why do all the 2chan characters have that idle double sprite thing going on.
Apparently a side effect of not providing the character with its own decent custom AI, so it'll be completely useless.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Trust nothing you read on the internet.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Rayman is better than god, we all knew it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dodoman posted:

Do they all have built in AI or does he have to do something special?
Most seem to, except for the ones that have a non-moving "clone". You want to always go all in on those, trust me.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Gyoru posted:

Duke was mad as hell after that DDR session
To be fair he had to think about even getting close for a while. He never saw it coming.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I cant believe win XP vs lovely dbz is an actual real match.

Well, as "real" as you can say in this context.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The blob is just loving nuts. Doubt any Shuma would've won, and i like him.

I also want ABUI to win this. Really badly. :allears:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I love everything.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ishin posted:

That was the most Mugen match ever.
I feel bad for not going all in on that one.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I think that guy pulled a gun, why didnt the referee disqualify him :negative:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

DontMindMe posted:

Poor Norimaro didn't stand a chance.
His screams are haunting :stare:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

THE PWNER posted:

This would be a lot better without the people with access to stats going all in on every fight :(
Maybe, but its his business model and if it keeps the lights on i'm not too bothered.
Hell, i'm surprised no automated fight-result log has been hacked up yet. Probably just a couple of private ones.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Another Person posted:

Incidentally, what do the pips next to your name mean? They look like a rank, probably based on bets, but do they do anything?
Jeff on the last bombcast mentioned that your lower limit (the money you start with when you bust out) increases as you rank up, possibly based on betting or winning volume count. Could be that.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

getitoffgetitoff posted:

gently caress goons
Don't be so hard on yourself.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Control Volume posted:

Tired of the fighting, two veteran warriors have made amends and are now vacationing at the beach.
They're just telling each other old war stories while Thanos casually pumps his arms a bit to not get rusty. It's truly a happy end for the whole family!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
People are going to be real happy about Zeroko.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Pakled posted:

Rogue won 2 rounds against a character that one-shots her. :stare:
I really hope that's actually built in the AI for a "win 2, lose 2, win" pattern.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
There's something incredibly scifi about the fact that i have a shitload of more fun watching these AIs battle than real fighting tournaments.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Meme Emulator posted:

Isnt Yakui the drugged out maid whos always getting high on percs or w/e
They really nailed that in her AI.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Blockhead is really stupid :(

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nagual posted:

maskered?
Probably indicates a non-english (spanish?) speaking creator. Which can be very good or very bad.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tonfa posted:

:stare: It's...it's like betting on VGCW. help i can't stop
Except matches are always real RNG, take roughly 60 seconds and it NEVER ENDS.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'll never get tired of Goten doing that.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
simply brilliant

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

KungFu Grip posted:

Is it me or is the Twitch chat insanely behind.
It tends to get out of synch if it switches between qualities (does not apply here) or if your connection/browser hiccups a couple of times. Refreshing works for me, but most people lag behind the longer they watch.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Looks like some dota 2 final is happening so twitchs servers - video and chat - are getting hammered like hell. If you're not having problems consider yourself lucky.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Could someone explain what the autobalance does or maybe even put it in the OP? Is it just a hidden ELO rating for character selection (which would suck, hard) or damage/health handicaps? I mean, the betting for me is just a nice reason to play closer attention to the insanity happening on stream, so sperging over it is ridiculous, but it'd still be nice to spell it out somewhere. :)

Also is there anything in place to address the constant influx of new cash into the pool (new $400 people joining or people creating dozens of accounts, illumati not giving a gently caress and busting every round for a new $666)?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 10, 2013

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dezinus posted:

based on the odds.
:monocle: Alright, that's kind of brilliant if handled well. Thanks for the answer!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

lowwayman posted:

Chat is taking turns sperging about whether the autobalance is too strong or too weak, depending on whether the latest underdog won or lost of course. So many tantrums thrown.
Yeah, that's probably the most notable psychological effect: Now people who lost have a very obvious scapegoat to blame and get mad at instead of just accepting the unpredictability of this whole madness.

Eh, whatever, gently caress em. The longer, crazy fights i've seen in the last hour are still awesome.

Edit:

The Gorp posted:

People are bitching about the neji fight using autobalence now, lets clarify something.
Neji wasn't touched, and the odds were 2:1. I cant wait for people to blame the recession on Autobalence.

Tae posted:

Apparently Salty turned it off after the strong guy match.
Aw. Neither of those facts will stop people from bitching about it though. :haw:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 10, 2013

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I can't wait for people to go completely nuts and come up with paranoid systems including timezones and zodiac signs to predict the magical power of "The Divine Autobalancing God". :allears:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Haha, clone having 2:1 odds and winning.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The thing is that betting on the underdog is only a good move if nobody else does it and people stack heavily on the favorite.

It's a meta game of chicken. Genius.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Well, it doesn't change damage or the AI, so good characters just have to be better for a bit longer (to drain the hp handicap), ultimately rewarding persistence. It really only punishes the characters with awful AI that have rare powerful attacks (but not OHK).

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I can't wait for the real Zeroko to show up.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Boooooo

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StealthArcher posted:

Jesus, we get it, you want to suck salty off and hate it when people do better then you through 'spergy :qq:' means, Christ.
Dude, the 'spergy :qq:' "get access to match history" means is salty's incentive to pay and part of his business model, it couldn't be further away from "suck salty off". :psyduck:

The autobalancer couldn't last because it undermines the match history advantage salty's paying "customers" depend on, and he'd be silly to piss them off.

The Orange Mage posted:

Balancer's in-game effect pales in comparison to what it does/did to user bet placement.
Yeah, that's the real shame. Oh well.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 10, 2013

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StealthArcher posted:

It's the only reason I disliked the AB, my All-in tendency became too dangerous, it was already risky and just became a crapshoot.
Rename Autobalance to "educational* karma". :mmmhmm:

*not guaranteed to educate

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StealthArcher posted:

I bet on only one match the entire time Ab was active and it was 300 on Kraken.
I avoided that poo poo like the plague after watching what it did to 1HP Blob.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The autobalancer couldn't last because it undermines the match history advantage salty's paying "customers" depend on, and he'd be silly to piss them off.
nuff said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StealthArcher posted:

Wow, bitter much?
No, why would i be? You just proved my point, I'm not even invested in this, i just like to see intense fights and listen to sick tunes. But feel free to project as much as you like. :)

Biggums posted:

So do some Characters not have Supers to use or do they just not use em?
Yes. Also yes.

• Locked thread