Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't see what good would do adding weight to the game. Not even anything related to fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I rather see Overkill improve the base game, fix bugs, add more pages for masks/weapons/whatever, a money dump market so you can play cards, than introducing new weapons and weight wich is another handicap to make the game less fun. First thing should be polish the game in my opinion. This being said, I don't mind DLC to add more content because I like PD2 a lot but fix poo poo first, like "hey we buffed bulletproof" while bugging it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If she doesn't get a thick british accent I'm going to be dissapointed. :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

az posted:

If this baby doesn't make it in eventually I'll be so sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIX9wCktVQc

Also someone tweet him to add some hand grenades, at least flashbangs to annoy the coppers with :allears:

I've used that baby more than 7 years. Seventy one years later and is still one of the best. Best thing germans invented ever (that and Mercedes class G :v:).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Caufman posted:

Ah, my third hockey mask.

I love getting these, they're so easy to style!

Hockey, skull and alien masks are my favourite because they look good with almost anything you do to them. Kawaii at the other hand... need to find something, really really really (SHUTUP BAIN) creepy for it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

GotLag posted:

Doctor Crime works very well with a large number of patterns.

The Swirls, Radioactive, Solid Green.

Woah, that one looks really nice. I have good materials and patterns but what i want the most is at least an extra page for new masks :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If dozers get dum saigas I want slugs for my reinfeld so I can put rails on it and be totally tacticool. :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Psikotik posted:

Is there a Steam group for Payday ?

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434491865

I think you need an invite for it. Once you get in, set up mumble and please, idle on the channel. Makes it way easier to start/join groups.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Daryl Surat posted:

Well, I tried this out. I ran nothing but Jewelry Store level 1 heists for a few hours. I gained an entire level or so just doing that. 20-30 second runs, like you said. There was little shortage of pubbies at high levels willing to do this. Some people noted they'd done it 500+ times.

I've done like 200 Ukrainians speedruns, takes normally from 29 to 40 seconds depending on the safe setup if you have c4. You still have the rare chance on getting 2x titan safes on overkill but if your offshore is healthy, just restart it out. I've done 70+ on overkill with Inside Man skill for no escapes and is a good source of experience while you're alone.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

So I've heard some excellent stuff about this game and I'm considering picking it up on Steam (or just waiting for a sale.)

Is it still pretty accessible coming in fresh or has the playerbase kind of advanced to more speedy runthroughs?

If you see me online (I usually idle on chat), I can start a group for speedruns and get you filthy rich and with shitloads of XP in no time. Just get mumble, get on Steam's group and you'll find people to play with.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You can be a murder machine as enforcer with assault rifles and SMGs. Pre patch #11 I was a shotgun tech and hell if I don't miss the old shotguns (the reinfeld is pitiful now and looks like people only care about the loco) but I adapted and tasted the ghost tree and some mastermind skills and I'm more versatile now.

I'm level 98 right now and this will be my lvl100 build (almost what I'm using right now but I'll ditch inside man and the XP bonus):
http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/guiller_tech_ghost/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Insert name here posted:

The only shotgun that had its base damage nerfed is the Mosconi, and it's still the highest damage weapon in the game. I want them to bump the range back up on the shotguns too but if you can't kill poo poo up close with them that's on you.

Yes but they nerfed all shotguns' damage dropoff so the reinfeld has a waaaaaay shorter range, and they already admitted that they hosed up the loco because they're upping its range on next patch, same with the saiga.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Insert name here posted:

Yeah, but he specified up close. Like I said I want them to boost the shotgun (Mosconi excluded) ranges back up (and I know they're going to do so for the Loco and the Saiga), but up close if you're having troubles still that's not the game's fault.

I don't have problems up close with the Reinfeld, but it sucks that outside 10m, the weapon is useless and pushes me to switch to my secondary. Right now even the JP36 fully modded is a good weapon at close, medium or even long range and it has a ton of ammo. Right now feels like a CoD shotgun, powerful but pellets may aswell dissapear after a bunch of meters because they do no damage at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Not pictured: the part where you get kicked for having absolutely no useful skills.

I'm sorry you feel like that but I've played with a good bunch of goon enforcers that only leave bodies wherever they move or even look at. Az isn't one of them because he isn't an enforcer, he is the german version of the T-101, a slow murder machine.

I tried today a modified version of his skillset and holy poo poo, I feel like I don't need to sprint, just point, kill and gather ammo from the ground:
http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/murder-machine-4/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

10, with both mods. And I've been an Enforcer since day 1 of the beta. The nerfs did nothing substantial to ruin shotguns.

Mag plus from technician tree works for the Reinfeld and Loco too wich makes them use a quantum magazine or something because 23 shells are hilarious.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

oh snap killing two people in a row without reloading...

Sounds op, needs a nerf.

Get closer and you'll kill more than two before needing to reload. :)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Broose posted:

For Fennesz: http://goo.gl/ZabCdZ

You get to shoot cops, blow up the dozers, and do all the work in a speedy manner. I'm going to stick with this for sure. At level 100 I can pick up mag plus or a saw. Its a great blend of useful skills with the quality of living skills.

Fully loaded ace is probably one of the best skills. It is actually hard to run out of ammo with it.

I stole your build and I love it, I just ditched martial arts on ghost tree for basic Overkill so I can get silly saiga streaks, throwing a P90 or Para on top of it is great for longer ranges.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nyyen posted:

The pubs are already bemoaning the new flashbang sound. Did three pub games yesterday and in every one there was some random guy going on about how that was NOT was flashbangs sounded like and how OK was TRYING to ruin the game. How do you get butthurt over a loving soundeffect?

Well the new sound is really annoying but isn't something gamebreaking. Definately a thing I'd change because for some reason it hurts my right ear but then I'd blame all the MG3 rounds I've shot in the army more than any game ever. :v:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'd pay a shameful amount of €/$ to have a Kenshiro mask. "Dozer!!!! -He's already dead"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That job was extremelly weird. I dominated a tan despite not having a single point on MM. Every cop with an exclamation mark and moving around headless. Big Oil never ends bringing out suprises.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

wilbur.walsh posted:

Well ok, that explains a lot. Well guess that's another guy to be on the ban list. :stat:

The funny thing is that the host is a goon afaik and he was offering spots on the channel. Fortunately everything after job completion was completely normal. But yes, I do a backup at least once every 2 days just in case. :ohdear:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's bad, really bad :v:

I'm tempted on trying this MM-Enforcer build to be a combat medic: http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/combat-medic-57/ The idea is to use an AR+Loco while shouting up team mates and murdering poo poo. It doesn't have the 25% headshot damage but seems to be a nice for keeping your team alive.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PFlats posted:

Masterminds give +30% exp each. That'll skew your numbers.

Yes, while leveling is always good to have Fast Learner and if you are like me, inside man to spam easy jobs with no escape risks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Skoll posted:

I actually enjoy doing Mallcrasher the long way.

Hell yes. XP meaning nothing to me, any mission (even big oil) is cool for me. I sometimes do Ukrainian the old way solo overkill as techforcer with the AMR16 and loco for maximum murdering, no c4, two drills, hide in the small rooms with tripmines :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone else has that slow mouse movement as soon as they launch the game? Restarting or alt-tabbing won't fix it and I can't play at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ninja fetus posted:

I can't even play this game properly at this point. I'll shoot a guard for instance, and my friend sees the body appear at a different location compared to where I'm seeing him. It's really weird and it's hosed up a lot of stealth attempts. Same problem when he's hosting.

I'm having this issue (and Bats) constantly. I can barely move my mouse in menus and ingame. Is really annoying because from what I've been experimenting is a v-sync issue wich can't be fixed by disabling it, forcing it through drivers or playing windowed. Only a reboot, launching the game then alt-tabbing fixes it for the session. If I try to play again, I'll have the same problem again and won't go unless I reboot. Is loving annoying if you ask me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Every time I load the game, I have to restart. All crippling slowdown is solved.

That doesn't cut it for me. Sometimes I can restart the game then alt-tab and works, but most of the time I need to completely reboot my computer.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:siren:POTENTIAL FIX FOR THOSE HAVING INSANE MOUSE LAG/SLOW MOVEMENT INGAME RECENTLY:siren:

Shamelessly stolen from a reddit tip and Mark Cranness (Mouse fix creator):

quote:

EDIT 3: Thought this deserved top. Mark Cranness weighed in on this issue, and he is significantly more knowledgeable than me on the question of mice. He has recorded the same issue with his mouse testing software. I'd recommend reading his comment, which I'll reproduce below for the lazy:

I've seen this 8.1 lag in a tool I wrote/modified to record and debug mouse movement.

It is real lag, and as OP said, affects games that don't use Raw Input (or DirectInput, which is more-or-less the same thing) for reading the mouse.

When I first saw this lag in 8.1, I improved the debug detail of the recording tool a lot, to see if that might help explain what was happening. Before the improvements, the recording tool pretty much showed : "WTF? something is strange". The improvements clearly showed lag between mouse movement happening and Windows updating the pointer position.

(Updating the pointer position matters because games that don't use Raw Input or DirectInput to read the mouse usually instead look at how the on-screen mouse pointer moves to decide what the mouse must have done - aka old-style Quake GetCursorPos calls to read mouse movement. If Windows doesn't update the pointer position in a timely manner, the game mouse will lag.)

Seeing that it IS a problem is as far as I've gone so far in diagnosing it.

BTW, the fix above (EXE Properties) doesn't seem to affect my recording tool at all : It still shows lag.

The tool is MouseMovementRecorder.exe, part of the MarkC mouse fix, if you want to experiment, get it from here: The MarkC Windows 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix MouseMovementRecorder.exe is inside that ZIP file (in an embedded ZIP file).

Some MouseMovementRecorder.exe keyboard key commands that help show the problem: * E : Toggle showing of extra detail. * + : Increase maximum catchup delay. * A : Toggle 'Enhance pointer precision' Acceleration.

If you don't already have the Control Panel > Mouse > 'Enhance pointer precision' checkbox OFF, then press > "A" key until EnPtPr shows Off. If you don't have the Control Panel pointer speed slider set to 6/11 (the middle position), press "6" key. Press "+" key until the displayed Max catchup delay is 8000 or even 64000.

Move the mouse and often you will see pointer movement recorded 2000µs or 5000µs or more after the mouse movement. (Jiggle the mouse when testing : smooth or straight movements might confuse the matchup-process that MouseMovementRecorder uses. Pay attention to blocks where the numbers match; probably ignore blocks that don't match and display red or green.)

Original Post

Just a warning to everyone who games on their PC and has Windows 8 installed: do not upgrade to WINDOWS 8.1. Something about Window's relationship with your mouse has been altered (specifically, the Multi DPI improvement for multiple monitors) and this causes those games that don't read raw mouse data to become close-to unplayable.

I stumbled upon this issue because it affects two (!) games I'm trying to play through right now, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and STALKER: Call of Prypiat. Hacking in Human Revolution is particularly unplayable with this issue. Reading around the internet for support, apparently Call of Duty is affected as well.

Just thought I'd release a friendly warning! If anyone has any links to work-arounds, I'd appreciate it just as much!

EDIT: For those looking for a solution, I have found a fix that has worked well enough on Human Revolution, Metro and Call of Prypiat. It is definitely the new DPI framework that causes the issue, as the fix seems to show. This does not make it perfect, but for me it brought the games from unplayable to playable.

1) Right click the EXE of the game in question.

2) Go to properties

3) Go to the compatibility tab

4) Check "run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows 8."

5) Check "disable scaling on high DPI settings."

6) Check "run this program as an administrator."

I was only able to get it working doing all of these things: leaving any one of them out, and the problem persisted. Hope this helps others too! For me, this didn't fix the issue outright, but it did make the menus bareable, just laggy instead of laggy and jumping around!

EDIT 2: Continuing my search around the internet, it seems to affect users that use high DPI mouses and high polling-rate mouses more than users who use basic hardware. Inconsistencies about how this affects users with mice that have on-board memory have risen though.

The last part worked for me as I was using 500Hz polling rate. Dumping it to windows' default (125Hz) fixed it completely for me. So anyone having issues check your mouse drivers and change that.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 23, 2013

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

Just one?

I played a Mastermind doing a bank heist with three other masterminds. Four jokered tan SWATs really do a lot to keep the heat off the players when things go loud.

I jokered a tan yesterday during firestarter day 3 and he proceeded to murder a street filled with blue shirt cops, broncos and FBI hostage rescuers before even getting hit once in the head. Good lord aced Joker is amazing. That and accidentally finding a guard on top of the roof of the bank and intimidating him out of panic from 20 feet before he could report. After all the patches, Mastermind turned into a really fun tree.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

For whatever reason marking a special is apparently the most threat-inducing action you can take in the game.

That and an Aced Magplus AK 7.62 with a firebreather. :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Aliginge posted:

Yessssss. :unsmigghh:

Wanna invade some pubbies FF game and make them go loud.

As funny as this sound, you'll probably end getting kicked or making them quit. Why don't you just get a group for FF loud? I actually like it going guns blazing, same with FF day 3.

I'd also avoid joining pubbie matches due to lua infections.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well that's miles better than just joining and going loud just because you want to ruin their game. If they're wearing heavy armor... well, there is no excuse to not shoot some cops :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FishBulb posted:

It doesn't really it just shows that the drop system is random and hard to figure out!

I have over 170 hours played, well over a hundred ukrainians and have like 8 holo (4 on ARs and 4 on smgs). Well, i have pretty much shitloads of every attachments but I suck at getting mask patterns or colours. I think i have like 7-8 fire breathers, 5 tanks, 2-3 stubbys...

I also blew like 1.7 billion on the card game trying to get stuff for the new guns too :v:

Edit: edited after work to correct spelling.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 22, 2013

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Three of those are amazing.

I like Heat, hockey and Oni mask.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well it was fun but kind of hosed up to be a dodge enforcer. I had shield punching and ran in a suit taking less damage between cops while I could get destroyed if I tried the same with ICTV. Is a shame because sometimes a bug or glitch makes the game more fun for some time but it was something that had to get fixed/balanced at some point. Like BF3's underslung shotgun shooting your main gun's bullets instead of pellets (M26 MASS bug for those non familiar). :dice:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mundi posted:

Not making the Christmas heist basically be Die Hard was the biggest mistake Overkill will ever make.
The vault opening while Ode to joy plays would be magical.

No, I did not just watch Die Hard.

Awesome fan made trailer with Ode to joy. :black101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pMFpPJMphs

Make a proper Christmas Heist following this trailer. Do it Overkill, do it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

After months of being basically Techforcer I went Mastermind with a mix of the rest yesterday and tried the new pistols like the interceptor 45 or the Signature .40... :stare:

I never specced into pistols since release and I see I missed a whole new world appart from the Loco and SMGs :black101:. I still miss the days were the Reinfeld+bronco was my favourite setup. Sadly that shotgun really needs slugs or something because there is no reason to bring it plus any other secondary against AR+Loco if you want to use shotguns.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

Getting pretty bored with running Four Stores over and over just to get cards. Has anyone actually been banned for Lua-ing their way to stuff?

No. At least no one on this thread and no one I know from reading around. You can get banned (and still unlikely) for LUA-hacking other stuff, but for some money, cards and masks? You're safe. A few months ago I got "gifted" with shitloads of money in a lobby and I really didn't mind since I spent most of it on the offshore slot machine and skill resets.

I don't feel guilty at all since I've done 200+ Ukrainians and well over a hundred of Four Stores/Jewelry Store for cards and grinded the poo poo out of money since release.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

beedeebee posted:

Oh and another thing: have you guys noticed Vlad really doesn't like that Dimitri guy?

Half of my playtime is in Ukrainian job and four stores, I think you're right :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

True.

I've moved on from this game aside from the odd session with friends, but I monitor this thread for the promised level cap raise and/or reports of profound improvements.

Same here, I'm not playing much lately due to BF4 (oh my) and my Steam backlog clearing duty. Armored Transport is cool but didn't hook me fully again and have yet to play the CSGO heist. I also blame that I can't play on weekends since I only have a 360 with Forza Horizon and Diablo 3 on my other house until I build a second PC (made parts I'll replace from my main cumputer) there.

• Locked thread