Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am shaking with excitement!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wolfsheim posted:

Don't all the trafficking activities in SRTT do this as well? I think they even change your weapons, I vaguely remember my pistol getting switched from the white one to the police one.

Yep. I think the issue was more that FUZZ was a pain in the rear end to program for SR2 so they didn't bother trying to devote that much attention to it in SRTT.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hashy posted:

I get that Volition knows most fans will get US copies but leaving it until today to mysteriously push back the Australian steam release by a month is pretty loving uncool

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that intentionally so that their AUS market, more than before, pushes to get US or UK keys. That way, next fiscal year, they can show that hardly anyone bought the game is AUS and use it as evidence to get those local businesses to rethink their rampant gouging of prices.
Then again, this would only have a chance of happening if the game say GTAIV levels of success.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Somehow I don't think this is the case.

Well of course but I'm eternally an optimist.
(That's not true.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm running around blowing up buildings and my ENEMY is the EDF? This is surreal as hell.

Yeah man. You essentially play as a terrorist where civilian casualties are penalized but not so much that you care. drat fun multiplayer as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any combination of makeup/features you can think of to give my boss a face that looks like she hasn't slept in weeks?

Up the age and under Features, give them two black eyes. Fucker will look almost dead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remember when we were over two months away from release and we still had ZERO CLUE that Gat was still alive/back from the dead?
Now we are a day-and-a-half away and, I don't know about you, but I'm flipping my poo poo out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crappy Jack posted:

My boss told me I had too many personal days that I needed to use up by the end of the year, so I now have Tuesday off. Our office is also closed on Wednesdays. So basically I'm just going to disappear for two days and gently caress poo poo up Saints style.

I think I mentioned it but SRIV comes out the day I end a five week recovery away from work. Why couldn't they have drilled into my bones in late summer, huh?! Stupid modern medicine and all their stupid schedules to keep. UGH.

Is there a spoiler-free video where I can see how the guns sound this time around? The SMGs and assault rifles in SRTT sounded horrible an anemic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rocketlex posted:

Playing a little SR3 in anticipation of the new release and man, I wish SR3 gave an achievement for having satchel charges stuck on 10 NPCs at once, because watching groups of NPCs flail around with satchel charges on them is probably my favorite "make your own fun" pass-time in the game. It's amazing the chaos that results.

EDIT: Also, did you know that molotov cocktails instantly destroy (pretty much) any vehicle they come in contact with? It's likely a glitch, but it's one I hope they don't fix in the next game because god drat it's hilarious running around shouting "I cast fireball! *KABOOM!* I cast fireball! *KABOOM*"

That's the best way to make a dance party before SR4.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tiggum posted:

I think I remember someone saying that super powers replaced grenades, so there will be no molotovs.

Now we have real fireballs that are also ice sometimes.
And TK.
And a stomp.
And other stuff that I don't know aboutWHYISTHISGAMENOTYETRELEASEDITISKILLINGME.

This will be my number one addition if we can get a custom radio. It is also what my brain will be playing as I launch the game tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TheSpiritFox posted:

:rubshands::hf::barf:

My manager scheduled me to close tonight. Of course, I request off for Saint's Row IV, I get scheduled to get off work at 1am.

What's the best way to stay up without guzzling enough energy drinks to give me a heart attack? I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Serious response post:
Try to nap, of course, but the best way to stay awake is to eat lean proteins, vegetables and fruits. Coffee can be fine to kickstart yourself in the morning but is a poor means to keep the engine running. Energy drinks should be avoided as much as possible. If you NEED one, get one with the lowest sugar content you can find. They all taste like rear end so who care (though I have a weakness for Monster Rehab).

Make yourself a bunch of chicken and broccoli/brussel sprouts. Maintain inertia, avoid everything that will make you peak. Avoid fatty beef, pork and turkey. Apples tend to keep people awake as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Less than eight hours to go!

What are those spoilers referencing? The initial post doesn't give context and I refuse to hover over unless I know what it's about.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr.Oblivious posted:

Started trying to make Bouncer, ended up with a douche.

WeekendDouche

You know what would be cool? Making the three characters from the fun but ill-fated PS2 brawler, The Bouncer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr.Oblivious posted:

There aren't enough giant necklaces, head piercing, or tribal tattoos for that to happen.

I know and it breaks my little heart.

Idol, if we get custom tattoos, can I request a back tattoo (or just a jacket decal) of this?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm using FlyVPN but Steam is still showing all my prices in sterling. :ohdear:

That's weird. I'm not sure what I did but all my Steam prices are now in Quatloos.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HappyLittleRobot posted:

Justice Friends Assemble!

I love you. Let's make a baby.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toffile posted:

Please tell me these are on the community site.

Also I have this queued up to listen to for the next 3 hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpjuoKhfJo

Neon whip weapon confirmed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm not proud of this.

But he doesn't care.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poptart_fairy posted:

90 minutes and I still can't sleep, hahaha holy poo poo, it's like I'm 13 years old all over again. :haw:

I haven't been this excited since I convinced my friend to skip school one day to pick up Wind Waker from the local mall and somehow convince my mom that school had a half-day.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KirbyKhan posted:

They are perfect the way they are. When I first got onto the ship and found Kinzie, I was taken aback by how quickly you got the option. I never did any romance options in Bioware games because they were all lame. Decided to press the X button this one time and HOLY poo poo.

It's just the perfect joke in execution. So quick your brain doesn't even have time to process it. It is the greatest.

The one for CID makes me... uncomfortable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

Hail to the chief, baby! :rock:

You are just missing out on the MERICA gun which, while a very fun toy, probably will never make it into my standard rollout.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didnt think I would be playing with the Nolan North voice but he is just so loving excited about everything; it's infectious.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Spaceman Bill posted:

I still don't have the TF2 items :smith:

Should I file a ticket? Any other GMG guys having this problem? My friend got them just fine.

They show up after an early main story mission.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

belt posted:

A gold target will pop up on your radar when you get notoriety. Chase it down and kill it. Can't remember if you have to be at a certain point in the game but it would be really early if it is.

You have to be on the mission before your first Rift, I think.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I let the game idle, will my cache transfer account keep growing or will it cap out?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bovineicide posted:

It caps out really fast. Why would you want to idle in this game :confused:

Because I work 10 hours a day and have precious little time to play games. Just wanted to fast track some upgrades.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samurai Sanders posted:

You probably misunderstood my question same as Shindragon did. When I hit the "romance" button what I get is Hey Kinzie, wanna gently caress?" *PUNCH* "Let's do this!" which stretches the definition of romance a bit. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

edit: I laughed so hard at her reaction, after going through all of Keith's rejections.

It is making fun for Mass Effect that treated all sex like you were destined for eachother in some dramatic galactic play... except for Jack if you pushed it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For some reason a lot of the achievements are not unlocking on Steam. Even basic ones like "unlock your first superpower" when I have 99% the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A dream mod I've always had is the ability to set three homies as part of a loadout and have them spawn in whenever possible. Just get out of an activity? Boom. Gat, Kinzie and Fun Shaundi are ready to roll without having to summon each one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

With the current state of the game, would it be wise to start a second playthrough?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tommy, given my knowledge of you through CoH, I am terrified of what your SR4 character looks like.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Xand_Man posted:

Saints Row Five should be about the Boss leading a Sentai team consisting of Pierce, Shaundi, Keith David and CID.

I need this in my blood.
Having a mega tank as the best vehicle is dumb and bad. I want to pilot a giant fighting dong machine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crappy Jack posted:

On the website they've got blacked out character templates, so it looks more like a thing where you pick maybe a team of three out of 20 defined characters.

I'm okay with that if j can still dress them up a bit.
The pirate dude is begging for a tutu and a horse mask.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i was kind of hoping for a game set in stilwater again. a reboot or something. Here's hoping this is just one of a few saints row games theyre announcing

I'm so, so sick of reboots. Even if Mayhem isn't AAA+++++ Would Play Again material, I'm all for exploring new ideas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Since it doesn't have its own thread yet:

MAYHEM seems like a neat idea but it reminds me of Borderlands (which I don't like) and it already looks like not much has any weight to it.

Nothing says excitement like Generic White Guy firing an anaemic-sounding rifle with no recoil!
(And if you want a weapon like that, make it a cool beam weapon!)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dope. I blasted through SR4 but didn't find it all the fun to just mess around once I could escape danger without any threat.
Maybe I'll do a new game and not upgrade speed or jumping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm okay with not having a character to customize because there is a healthy roster that you're going to swap through regularly.
That being said, I'm gonna wait on this one for a while. It breaks my heart because I love the company but there are too many great games coming out soon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Medullah posted:

I don't care how bad Agents of Mayhem looks, Saints Row 4 brought me more joy than any other games in years, so I will support them day 1 even if the game sits unplayed for a year. :D

Same but also no because I'm poor.
I'm even having to postpone Shadows of War until maybe next spring.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh jeez. AOM is already $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zaa Boogie posted:

There's an entire Deep Silver sale going on right now, isn't there?

Yeah there is. AOM being on sale is notable because publisher sales almost always exempt their most recent title.

• Locked thread