Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Tore though this thanks to the power of no day job Saints Flow, and there is so much I could gush about, but won't, because I'm willing to bet that half the thread has already gone on about what I've said.

That in mind, I WILL however, admit to losing it at The Touch, and again at "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall!".

I've never said "I loving love this game" as much as I have while playing SR4, even topping Brutal Legend and anything by Ska Studios. I do wonder what the other DLC aside from Dominatrix is going to be, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Laura Bailey's laughter in that sequence is so damned genuine, she is so into it, it's great. :3:

SR3 sold me on Laura Bailey, but if it hadn't, 4 would, because she just has SO MUCH FUN as The Boss. It's going to be impossible to do other runs at this rate.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

grancheater posted:

White House flags at half-mast following nationwide closure of Freckle Bitch's fast food franchise.

Those monsters. That should have been a day of mourning, not just flags at half-mast.

Who knows what managed to calm the Boss down from declaring war on whomever chose to close down Freckle Bitches.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

I'm assuming the GATV pack is only free on Steam and PSN, correct? Or is it available though some sort of hoop via XBL, as on their marketplace, it shows up under the normal charge.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Suzuki Method posted:

I just really hope the next Saints Row is a remake of SR2. I really want to like SR2 but the gameplay is aging, and I can't get any of my friends to play it.

As much as people would love this, I can't see Volition doing this, honestly. A remake of the first game, maybe, but even that's a stretch. I'm more willing to bet, as many have said, that if anything, we'd get a reboot/re-imagining of the series

Of course, a great way to do this, could be going pseudo-MGS2 on us, where someone is plugged into a virtual Stillwater, and made to go though everything The Boss went though, in order to see if 'anyone' can be The Boss.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

You know what would be fun? A fantasy set game that's playing like SR. I guess it would be a non-stop parody of Elder Scrolls/Game of thrones/Lord of the rings/D&D/Conan & other 80s fantasy films. You could have both urban areas and rural areas, orcs and goblins, elves and dwarves, evil barons and necromancers, and all the sword chopping and arrow shooting you could want.

Crowetron posted:

Join the adventures of The Duke and Sir Jonathan Gat in Saints Rowe: Origins

Zeth posted:

I would for real pay money for that.

"Uh, Boss, you know that Duke is only a title used in Europe and poo poo, right?"

"The gently caress Thou Sayth?"

That said, The Saints going back in time to ye olde Middle Ages, fantasy cliches and all, would be hilarious, and I would pay so much loving money for it. Plus, we'd finally get to ride that Dragon!

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Gonna echo everyone else, and say congrats, IdolNinja! If anyone deserves a job from Volition, it's you, man!

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Kaethela posted:

I believe you meant to say data biscuits. :colbert:

I think you mean Data Clumps.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Wyvernil posted:

My idea for Saints Row 5 would basically be rebooting the series into a superhero parody - which was the direction in which it had been going in the last few installments, anyway.

Perhaps begin the game with the old boss going back in time to the initial Zin invasion and kicking Zinyak's rear end, thus preventing the destruction of the Earth. Fast forward fifty years or so to a futuristic version of Stilwater plagued with superpowered gangs run by over-the-top supervillain parodies.

The new boss of the Saints could then be a Batman/Bruce Wayne parody; a descendant of the original Boss who now runs the Saints Corporation and fights against the other gangs as a supergangsta.

That could let them reboot the series while leaving the option open for a few cameo appearances from old characters (such as having old Johnny Gat as a mentor for the new boss).

So, in other words, Saints Row Beyond.

Yeah, I totally want this.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Finally getting around to playing through these games after picking up The Third and IV in the winter steam sale. I was wondering what male voice people prefer/would recommend using to get the most out of playing both games? I picked the african-american voice because I thought it suited my Boss but it's felt like a pretty bland performance so far, about 30% into The Third. Just wondering if people who have done multiple playthroughs have a preference. Thanks!

Female Voice 1, for sure. She just has so MUCH FUN with the role.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

What would be cool is if they adopted Crackdown's transforming cars and repurposed it for vehicle customization. You go to a Rim Jobs and select a car model. Make your selections on whatever stats you want or switch out different parts and then save your preferences. The next time you carjack somebody the car transforms per your specifications.

I'm totally for this, if ONLY because that was one of my favorite 'gimmicks' about Crackdown, and it's loss in the sequel was just one of many signs of it's failure in comparison.

Plus, who DOESN'T like transforming cars. I mean, come on, give us the MiB car or something of that sort.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Psion posted:

Where's the best place to play Saints Save Christmas and ETD in the campaign? I'm brand new to SRIV here. If it doesn't matter when you do them, that's fine too.

Story wise or the like, ETD is handled as a sort of 'behind the scenes commentary' thing, entirely breaking the fourth wall, so, whenever you want. SSC runs off the 'best' ending, but other then that, it really doesn't matter WHEN it's done, just know that it'll spoil a few things for the main campaign.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Oh look, I now have a reason to play though the game again on the PS3, which means my GoTG edition can remain where it is on my desk, and not have to be opened up if I get a craving to play SR4 again.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DO9_tJtoK4 Gat out of Hell 'Walkthough' is up, shows off some of the weapons we've already seen, a new diversion, a few new weapons, and, of course, the best bit about any Saints Row video, the rear end retarded comments from entitled idiots bitching that they don't like the direction.

(In an actual point, I know most of the marketing is on Gat for reasons including the title, but I'd like to see a bit of focus, personally, on Kinzie as well.)

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Funny, I keep seeing people talking about the Boss, but they keep getting her wrong.

She's a tall, black haired, yellow eyed goth with Crow makeup on and black lips with a Caucasian voice and I'll brook no arguments saying otherwise.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Going from SR4 to SR3 really highlights how bigger budget it feels. :v:

Did they have more money to play with or were they just able to work with their limitations much better? Even the choreography in cutscenes feels so much better.

Part of the problem as well, aside from what was already mentioned, was that, with THQ circling the drain, they were making all sorts of cuts to SR3's plot in order to make it appeal to as many people as they could. Killbane's original actions during Johnny's funeral was one of the biggest changes, as he was supposed to use a dirty nuke in Stillwater, and then blame it on the Saints.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

EngineerSean posted:

Just a reminder that it's that time of year again. Time to play "How the Saints Saved Christmas"

I'm starting up my run of it tomorrow for the first time on the PC, (Instead of my usual 360 run.) Gonna be great, going though it again.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Tirranek posted:

Saints Row V mockup

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS, YOU MONSTER?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Shut up Pierce about your Chrono Trigger fanfic.

I'd rather read that then some of Matt's Nyteblade fanfic. Once was enough, Matt.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Speaking of GoOH, I just picked up the PC version thanks to Steam Sales, and am hoping there's a way to make flying a bit 'easier'. It feels a little off to me at default, and I'm wondering if that's just an issue I'll have to deal with, or if there's some way to tweak it to make it feel more natural.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Megazver posted:

I dunno. It feels great to me even at the start. I did have to turn off the up-down invert or I can't fly at all. Maybe that's your problem.

Speaking of which, I just reinstalled it and started a fresh game and flying around collecting fragments is way more fun than it has any right to be. It's a fantastic mechanic.

I'll give that a try, as that legit seems to be my issue.

Macaluso posted:

I want to say there's eventually a way to make it easier, but it's been a while since I played it. I remember the flying being pretty satisfying though

I figured as such. Probably the other problem is that I'm coming off of a SRIV run, so I'm used to having infinite stamina and all that.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Reinstalling this as I never got around to playing the Christmas DLC. Are there any big mod packs worth grabbing?

I'm a huge fan of the Expanded Arsenal, though Sandbox+ is always fun.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

And then Zinyak ruined it in Saints Row 4.

At least he paid the price for ruining it, at least, I'd vote he did.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

I just finished replaying Saints Row 2 this week, so much fun to play around with the pimp cane/orbital launcher/mjolnir.

Anyway, what order do you guys usually do the 3 gangs in? In my first time through, I did the Sons of Samedi and Ronin first, and then once I finished those two, I did the Brotherhood storyline, which really made Maero come across as a dick.

also i forgot how much i hated that donnie mission

That's the order I tend to run it myself. The Sons, because they're right on the Saints' doorstep, as it were, then the Ronin to lock things in, then finally the Brotherhood. Sure, it makes Maero's offer sound all the more insulting, but with his ego, it almost fits.

gently caress, now I need to do an SR2 playthrough once I finally get though my backlog and finish up GoOH.

Edit: In regards to Zinyak, I loving adored how he constantly prodded at the team during the various Loyalty missions. It showed just how overwhelmingly petty he was, even as he tried to mask it in his pretentious attitude. He hosed with Biz Markie, messed with Matt's fanfic Expanded Universe Fiction, and the like, all in an attempt to appear the all-powerful, sophisticated Overlord, and it made shutting him down all the more satisfying.

Plus, the buildup to the final fight has he and The Boss quoting The Transformers Movie. There is literally nothing that can make me ever view that as a bad thing.

Magil of Shadow fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 14, 2016

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not sure WHAT this says about me, but I just bought SRIV for the fourth time (Ha), thanks to the PS+ sale this week (Well, that, and GooH coming out next week for PS+)

But all the talk about SR2 is making me want to replay it like crazy, if only thanks to all the plot talk.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I felt it was unnecessary when the Boss hosed up that dude's hands with the fireworks display or whatever it was.

Hey, The Boss TRIED to keep him out of it, until he came after The Boss with a brick. Fucker had it coming. That, and he played nu-Metal.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

So, on a brief tangent in regards to AoM, I almost find it sad that, thanks to Gat rebooting the universe in the AoM timeline, the Boss is either dead via SR1, or, even worse, God saw fit to not bring The Boss along for the reboot ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Viridiant posted:

God knew that there was no way an ensemble cast could exist with someone with as strong a personality as the Boss around.

But nonexistence will only hold the Boss back for so long.

I've not gotten far into AoM yet, but I'm just imagining the Agents, fresh from finishing off L.E.G.I.O.N, all confused as gently caress at this ominous new force seeming to come from nowhere, only for The Boss to just start to rip a hole in reality, casually kicking around what looks like an old man with a beard (And maybe a Browncoat or the like) before stepping out and just going 'Pierce, the gently caress are you doing looking like that" or the like. Cue SR5.

Bogart posted:

AoM spoilers: You're half right. It's revealed that the boss was split into three: their id, ego, and superego. Their id was reconstituted into the villain of AoM, Doctor Babylon, who just wants destruction, and their superego into Perephone Brimstone. At the end, the Mayhem crew sets out to find the Boss' ego and reform them into the true Boss.

If this is real, I'm going to lose it laughing at the end of AoM.

• Locked thread