Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Troy Queef posted:

he isn't and I'm surprised he didn't show up on the lovely Media Men list like all his other Deadspin buddies

DJExile posted:

On today's edition of Bill Simmons Bitches About Literally Everything: Bill bitches that he didn't get a credit line on "OJ: Made In America"

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I think the lovely media men list is for people who are racist or sexist (or both), no?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the lovely media men list is for people who are racist or sexist (or both), no?

Some people are on the list for yelling a lot and being a condescending boss. Its purpose got... diluted.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It was primarily for sexual harassers or assaulters.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t see what they need to apologize for. It’s not their job to oversee USA Gymnastics so it seems like quite a reach to me to say they need to say they were wrong for something.

If they knew and still did nothing, sure, but it seems pretty clear to me that USA Gymnastics and the USOC went to great lengths to make sure it didn’t get past them to any of these outlets.

I do think they have an obligation to at least mention it though.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/tech/2018/01/18/msu-president-told-nassar-complaint-2014/1042071001/

DFP posted:

Reports of sexual misconduct by Dr. Larry Nassar reached at least 14 Michigan State University representatives in the two decades before his arrest, with no fewer than eight women reporting his actions, a Detroit News investigation has found.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was referring to NBC.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Holy poo poo, AT&T SportsNet finally have a streaming app!

Now if only my provider carried the channel :negative:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MMcCarthyREV/status/955804401180053504

god do i love me some a-rod. gimme all of this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
A-Rod, a first ballot keep getting them checks hall of famer.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

once again A-Rod replaces Aaron Boone

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bob Costas spoke out about why he's not part of the Super Bowl coverage.

quote:

“The decision was mutually agreeable, and not only do I not have a problem with it, I am actually happy about it. I have long had ambivalent feelings about football, so at this point, it’s better to leave the hosting to those who are more enthusiastic about it.”

He handled it pretty diplomatically. His “this game destroys people’s brains” quote already told you a lot about his thoughts on the sport, and I get the feeling on top of that he's just burning out on it. Broadcasting a football game is a huge time sink and dude's 65.

At the same time, I think he's going over to South Korea for the Olympics, and that's pretty soon after the Super Bowl.
E: welp nevermind, he's not going to the Olympics. That's Tirico.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 24, 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bob Costas peaked with his role in Pootie Tang

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bob Costas peaked with his role in Pootie Tang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1fF2tkMUU8

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my the producers of HQ finding the weird chocolate or not chocolate japanese game show.

Also Dan getting like 5 hours sleep a night.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/956530855157133312

well that sucks

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivshclqtMcs&t=137s

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

How Space Ghost has not yet come back to TV or streaming is one of life's great mysteries.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Crazy Ted posted:

How Space Ghost has not yet come back to TV or streaming is one of life's great mysteries.

Zorak's dead. Can't have C2C without him.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

he was also moltar that's like all of space ghost's supporting cast

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/956896915311988736

it's probably for the best

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Never really cared for The 6 as is, but gently caress everyone spiking the football over this.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Peanut President posted:

Zorak's dead. Can't have C2C without him.

plus before that most of the people who made Space Ghost: Coast To Coast wound up running Adult Swim so they had the chance to bring the show back but they didn't want to

possibly because basically all of Adult Swim's shows could be considered spiritual successors to it, so rebooting it mighta just diluted the idea, y'know like the last 15 or so seasons of the Simpsons. As far as I'm concerned the Yorke/Bjork episodes were landmark TV, very very important

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 26, 2018

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

ESPN has some really lovely people working for it.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/956238440001089537
https://twitter.com/Ebron85/status/956542067605495808
https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN/status/956578520762896385

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Maybe I'm missing something, but that looks like a pretty straightforward piece of reporting? Don't see what ESPN did wrong there.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Pussy Boss posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but that looks like a pretty straightforward piece of reporting? Don't see what ESPN did wrong there.

ESPN knows that people assume anytime an athlete is involved in domestic abuse accusation, it is the athlete being the aggressor. In this case, it was the opposite.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Passive voice

"Shots fired, injuries in altercation between man and police on 57th street"

"Police officer shoots and injures man on 57th Street last night"

One has a different connotation than the other.

It's why they say officer involved shooting when an officer shoots an unarmed person.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kibner posted:

ESPN knows that people assume anytime an athlete is involved in domestic abuse accusation, it is the athlete being the aggressor. In this case, it was the opposite.

Ah OK. So people aren't mad about the article itself, which clearly spells that out, but just about the clickbaity headline? Fair enough.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/956985749156585474
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/956989761952059393

e:
https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/957002297489477633

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 26, 2018

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

plus before that most of the people who made Space Ghost: Coast To Coast wound up running Adult Swim so they had the chance to bring the show back but they didn't want to

possibly because basically all of Adult Swim's shows could be considered spiritual successors to it, so rebooting it mighta just diluted the idea, y'know like the last 15 or so seasons of the Simpsons. As far as I'm concerned the Yorke/Bjork episodes were landmark TV, very very important
I understand that, but given that TV is seemingly running out ideas I figured it would have come back on in some form.

poo poo...CBS just ordered a new series of Murphy Brown, with Candice Bergen starring again. MURPHY BROWN

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Crazy Ted posted:

I understand that, but given that TV is seemingly running out ideas I figured it would have come back on in some form.

poo poo...CBS just ordered a new series of Murphy Brown, with Candice Bergen starring again. MURPHY BROWN

Hah, I mean, I think the idea was that a bunch of them were actively hostile to the idea of bringing it back. Like they coulda, they just really didn't want to and they had enough power to say no.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ah OK. So people aren't mad about the article itself, which clearly spells that out, but just about the clickbaity headline? Fair enough.

"Clickbaity" would be titling it like "Which D1 quarterback called the cops on his girlfriend?"

the headline in question was phrased in a way that expresses the opposite from what happened and it's at best a really weird thing to do

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jemele is a Michigan State grad, I wouldn't be surprised if she saw all of the great journalistic work being done around the program and its spectacular implosion and had a desire to do more important work than hosting Sportscenter.

I can't imagine how it would feel to watch the school and athletic program that I went to and worked with for years and years and still had pride in turn out to harbor a coverup this disgusting, and it's probably made her rethink her relationship with sports in general. Her article about the Nassar trial and MSU's reaction (which was written before the OTL report, which makes things so much worse for the school) are worth reading. She mentions being friendly with Kathy Klagies, I'm sure she had some sort of relationship, even just a press/subject one, with Izzo as well, and possibly Dantonio depending on when she went to school there.

edit: it bums me out because I really like her as a host, and she and Michael Smith have great chemistry, and it stinks to lose that. Knowing that it was her decision and didn't have to do with ESPN further retreating into the assholes of regressive shitheads makes me feel better about it.

Now you know what you have to do ESPN: Give Katie Nolan the job she's meant to have.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How is the Undefeated doing these days anyway? I have paid basically no attention since Whitlock's ouster.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DC Murderverse posted:

Now you know what you have to do ESPN: Give Katie Nolan the job she's meant to have.
Co-hosting the LeBatard Show?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/957101207016808448

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Might catch heat for saying this but....he might be right?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He might be right about college athletics, but I fail to see how the XFL is positioned to benefit from any of that.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Especially when apparently a DUI disqualifies you from playing in the XFL and apparently college athletes can’t stop raping and assaulting women.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

It’s not a hot take, but kind of a warm take.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mahoning posted:

Especially when apparently a DUI disqualifies you from playing in the XFL and apparently college athletes can’t stop raping and assaulting women.

do you think incidences of criminality are higher among student athletes than among the general population

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

EvanTH posted:

do you think incidences of criminality are higher among student athletes than among the general population

Frankly I don’t really care. The answer to that has no bearing on what I said.