Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Only because I happened to read this thread, do I now know Fox Sports 2 exists. Is it only a non-US thing? I literally had not heard of it, no do I know where to find it. I do know that:

Speed > Fox Sports 1
Fox Soccer Plus > FXX
??? > Fox Sports 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just found out that Olbermann exists on ESPN this week, and from what I've watched, I like it. It's a throwback to mornings when I was in elementary school watching him and Dan Patrick do Sportscenters. I like the style of the show, with him making jokes during the highlights, and being sarcastic in interviews.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Peanut President posted:

Sports Time Ohio is Cleveland Fox Sports Ohio is Cincy, iirc.

edit: yep STO is the Indians, Browns, Akron, Cleveland State while FSO is Cavaliers (because Cincy doesn't have an NBA team), Reds, Bluejackets, Crew, Xavier, and Cincinnati.

They really need to share programming. Tier 1 and Tier 2. Too often the Blue Jackets are bumped for the Cavs.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Why NBC Sports is not airing the Olympics 24/7 is beyond me. Live or tape delay, I don't care. I shouldn't turn there and see Shark Hunters or auto auctions marathons.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I miss him doing hockey, but does Gary Thorne ever do football? I know he does baseball and Little League

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah Bernie always sounds slurred, but drat it, he is really one of the best at reading what is happening and how teams should react to defenses.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/05/16/ken-carman-to-the-national-media-stop-complaining/

Normally I'd say "Sports Talk Radio sucks", but Ken Carman is quite good on this rant.

Ken Carman is my favorite host. Even more now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I posted about it in the Week 1 N/V thread, but the Browns (and apparently other NFL teams) are now streaming their radio broadcasts online. For me, on Time Warner Cable, having the game air on CBS, muting the TV and listening to the radio stream is almost a perfect sync, so I get the best of both worlds. Last week, the TV feed on Fox was too far behind the radio broadcast to do that.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I will have to keep my eye on this. I'd be using a Windows version whenever it comes out.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DJExile posted:

I went to a tiny rear end D-III college between Columbus and Cleveland and there were big rear end cricket games on the quad almost every Saturday morning. If it can catch on there, it can catch on anywhere.

Mt. Union?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've been wondering this for like 20 years. When somebody puts crazy spin on a billiards ball..

Is it: "Mass-ee" or "Mah-say" ?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ungratek posted:

Hockey's number is hilarious

:smith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That's a link from April. Of last year...

I think you mean this one:

http://deadspin.com/gregg-popovich-requests-craig-sager-ask-him-inane-ques-1746110335

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm offended that DJExile didn't invite me to come hang out with Doc. :smith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That necklace isn't something a person usually wears outside of the bedroom...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Indians play Hang on Sloopy (the OSU not-fight song) after Take Me Out to the Ballgame before the bottom of the 7th. Browns, Cavs, and the Monsters all play it too at some point during their games. It's literally like a State Anthem, and I hate it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That is a really really good response.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Um, he tried to upload a picture and it didn't upload?

I also don't get it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Just a 3 day suspension?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

re: blackout chat. Cuyahoga County (the one that houses Cleveland) does not show Penguins games due to blackout restrictions on NHL.tv. Summit County (the one that houses Akron) does show Penguins games. I learned that when I moved last year.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bird in a Blender posted:

Who is the favored hockey team of Cleveland? They’re pretty equidistant from Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

I forget who the Lake Erie Monsters are affiliated with.

They changed their name to be the Cleveland Monsters before the start of last season, much to the chagrin of the fans, and they changed their color scheme to match up more with the Cavs than before. The Monsters are owned by Dan Gilbert, who also owns the Cavs, so that makes a bit of sense. The Monsters switched from being the AHL affiliate of the Avalanche to the Blue Jackets before the 15-16 season, and won the Calder Cup (AHL's Stanley Cup) that same year. As for the favored hockey team, it is pretty split between being a Blue Jackets fan and being a Pens fan. Most people my age grew up without an NHL team, and the Penguins would occasionally play the Red Wings in pre-season games in Cleveland. The Monsters get no coverage locally, and only have 6 TV games all year; and the Blue Jackets get 0 coverage outside of their games and pre-game show.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BWV posted:

what ESPN programming decision was most likely approved because Skipper was being extorted?

Rumor has it that the dealer was a really big Magic the Gathering fan.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Peanut President posted:

No, they should do a serious break down of Space Jam as if it really happened.

That was already a thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/v/30-30-space-jam-game-155008766.html

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MourningView posted:

They let loving Berman call baseball games forever and there's no way Keith is worse at it than he was

backbackbackbackbackbackbackbackbackback

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What has Kenny Mayne been doing lately? I completely forgot he existed until today.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is what sparked my curiousity.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao if your team doesn't play on TV ever because they go winless

fixed that for me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Romo has a nice sarcastic sense of humor, and that is much different that most other color guys.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://twitter.com/mulvihill79/status/1224421086537953280

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cuyahoga County (where Cleveland proper is located) is blacked out of Penguins games on NHL.TV because certain townships have the ability to get Root Sports. This is the Pittsburgh based channel that Penguins games are broadcast on. Therefore, the entire county isn't allowed to stream their games, no matter if you have the chance to watch it on TV or not.
Summit County (where Akron is located, just south of Cleveland) can see Penguins games because Root Sports is not offered anywhere in the county.

Fun stuff.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Some NHL/hockey ones that could make compelling stories

Clint Malarchuk and what his infamous injury did to him mentally

They sort of already did this one. Like 5+ years ago, they did a series of very short episodes (like 10 minute videos) on some topics, and I remember Malarchuk being one of them.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, that means our YouTubeTV monthly bill goes down because they aren't paying for the rights to those channels anymore, right?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dexo posted:

hahahaha

I used to work at Time Warner Cable, I know how stupid franchising fees work and that we'll never ever ever pay any less than we are currently paying for cable ever again

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Robnoxious posted:

Who moves up to become the A-Team?
Kenny Albert is really on temporary loan from Fox during the playoffs.

John Forslund would be my pick and guess. Since he didn't get re-upped by Carolina (his home team), he basically was only working for NBC during the playoffs. He should have done all of the Finals games instead of Doc, considering the delay that was on every game Doc did. But, looking back, Doc probably told NBC "this is my last finals, just let me do it."

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Good, Sinclair can go out of business for all I care.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"Coming up on Skyline Chili Sports Network, your Columbus Blue Jackets take on the Detroit Red Wings"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is an All-22 (the madden-style) cam still a thing? Will that be part of the megacast? That 14 cam setup is too much.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This whole nonsense is a bunch of ballyhoo

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DJExile posted:

Wow that was fast.

Wasn't he one of the active players that had an analyst position in place whenever he was ready to retire, or was that someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That is legitimately amazing. The mask on Howard was my favorite part