Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Timby posted:

Trent Dilfer is walking from ESPN over a salary dispute.

Finally I don't have to see his ugly shoes with a suit anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Sash! posted:

Who the hell is watching someone play video games?

I watch football and hockey because I can't actually do those things, whereas I can actually play video games. Might as well be watching a video of a guy walking down the street.

Yea man how do you even get into playing hockey is there a secret club or something?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

tenspott posted:

I don't think we're as far apart as you indicated. We both agree that "all sugar and no substance" is tiresome. I just think it's unfair to pin it on 2 people who are overtly performing caricatures when there are others who are much more culpable. I'd rather point the finger at the Mitch Alboms and Rick Reillys of the world. They are idiots who actually believe their awful work is of merit. I'd also blame the people at ESPN who decided that showing actual sports isn't nearly as good as another outside the lines. As much as I loved watching some early 30 for 30s like The U, do we really need a 6 part movie about OJ? You can hate Skip and SAS all you want, but at worst they are symptoms, not the cause, of bad sports broadcasting.

But sometimes Outside The LInes does actual reporting?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

triple sulk posted:

So I saw a WIP retweet of some other guy on the afternoon block and wondered if Innes finally got shitcanned (I'm not in the Philly area and haven't listened to WIP for a while) and lo and behold, he did.

Thank god. Kinda funny that this is what caused it, but he's finally gone!!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

Didn't one of the sports agencies found a high school in Florida for the sole purpose of being an athletic factory?

I think they took their inspiration from Bolletieri's tennis academy (who they bought), and he might have been inspired by soccer academies in europe but I don't know i'm a moron and im just guessing.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
she has an old soul

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Of course it's Josh Innes.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Is there a tier list for wrestlin shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is this just the media mad that they don't get to report on a bunch of rumors? People are actually mad the guy wants to negotiate in private instead of out in the open?

Yes.