Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I have a suspicion the "paprika" was cayenne powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Psychobabble posted:

You can see that the burner beneath the pot is larger than the pot itself. Flames coming up the sides of the pot can easily catch pasta.

I have witnessed someone doing this.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

Why would you put bbq sauce on tenderloin...

Funny thing that's bugging me. In the new Final Fantasy that's coming out, there's a cooking mechanic to give you buffs and stuff. Unfortunately, one of the recipes they were showing off in the demo was... Chicken Tenderloin Stew. Noooooooooooooooo so many nerds who cant cook are going to ruin innocent pieces of meat now

It wasn't even like Shabu-Shabu style (which would be awesome with tenderloin), it was just a badly named chicken stew. So sad. Especially since you're harvesting the chicken from a giant cockatrice thing that would benefit from being done coq-au-vin style.

Complain at them if it really bothers you. They might actually do something since it hasn't released.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Don't leave a huge pot of chicken stew out overnight in the middle of summer just because it was just fine when you did it during winter. :(
No one died, right?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Oh my god I misread that as "my son". Still, don't leave poo poo out overnight, it really does kill people.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Smart dog.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I didn't know there were grandmothers who didn't know how to make gravy.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Huh. I thought chorizo was super salty?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

To be fair, we only really started eating the crust sometime in the last 250 years. She made a History Food. :colbert:

Why would ancient people waste valuable calories like that?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

A couple of days ago I discovered the three remaining eggs in the pack were stuck to the container. I guess the cardboard had gotten wet, then dried. I broke two in the container, and the third I managed to break just at the top and dump it into the mug I scrambled it in without too much shell.

Eggs are fragile.

I wasn't drunk that night long ago with the pizza failure, I was too poor to afford mid-week booze. Doublesad.

Why didn't you just get the cardboard wet again, and then remove the eggs?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

prayer group posted:

First time seeing that video in quite a while and what the gently caress was that John Darnielle-lookin' dingus gonna do to those poor gnocchi with that much Frank's Red Hot?

The video is from one of those restaurant supply stores and that is likely their most commonly sold size. Also it isn’t just Frank’s red hot, it is specifically wing sauce meaning all you have to do is coat the wings, no mixing butter or anything. The guy wanted hot wing style fried gnocchi.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Try folding the mousse into cake batter or brownie batter and report back.

E: I should clarify I have no clue whether this is a good idea but it’s probably what I would try

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 19, 2019

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Lecithin is your friend with hollandaise.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
For clear sugar glass you need isomalt not normal sugar. You’re always going to get caramelization with normal sugar.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Oh ok. The pictures always look clear so I just assumed I was burning it

I have looked this up and these people are sorcerers. I think they might be lying about using table sugar. Alternatively everyone in my candy making acquaintance circle has missed the boat somehow which is quite possible. I’ll go ask in one of the bigger threads.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

TychoCelchuuu posted:

That's... not the typical way to make them.

You might even call that method ... a disiaster.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I premix starches into a small amount of cold water first which so far has worked to avoid clumps.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It’s sour because it’s an acid, so he used it to make up for the loss of sour flavor in the dish, when he really should have been thinking about the creaminess. Plain yogurt would have been a better substitute.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
If you're super determined to waste a minimal amount of food then as a compromise you could strain it through some cheesecloth, toss the curds and drink the smooth liquid. Another thing you could try is throwing it in the blender for a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

"surely vanilla whey protein powder is powdered dairy like any other and may go into a nice hot mug of decaf"
this is the thought process of a fool do not attempt this there will be regrets

idk if it was the heat or the acidity but Something happened to it
there was a thick layer of Tasteless Protein Sand floating on top

I have done this too. I also determined it to be mostly temperature based because I didn’t have the issue with refrigerated coffee.