Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So people who haven't read Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead can understand the reference, its a play following the perspective of two minor characters in Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. But instead of playing the perspective straight, R&G are somewhat aware that things are...off. The two essentially wander through the events of Hamlet as the major characters of that play briefly intersect with the parts that R&G played as occurred in Hamlet. Its a heavily meta play and touches on themes of fate, insignificance, and the line between art and reality. The coin flipping is a reference to an event from the beginning of the play where the two are betting on coin flips and every single time the coin comes up heads.

I'M SURE THIS WILL HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE PLOT OF THE GAME MMM YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

The "Lamb" will lead us to salvation sounds awfully like the entire premise of Bioshock 2. In fact it sounds so alike that there's no way it's a mere "reference" to the other game. I would at this juncture posit that this game and Bioshock 2 (and by extension 1) are connected intrinsically (not much of a leap given that they're in the same series). A prequel then, to Bioshock 1/2. But I'd assume at this point this Lamb has both something to do with the Girl we're looking for and with the major players of Bioshock itself.

Wildly unsupported theory #1: Given the timeframe here, is the Girl we're rescuing Sofia Lamb, from Bioshock 2? If it's 1912 now and Bioshock 2 takes place in 1970, I think, then if the Girl is an infant now, she'd be 58 at the time of Bioshock 2. A little older than Lamb is portrayed, I think, but then Lamb can be assumed to have spliced herself with enough Adam to retard the aging process. I'll rate this at least theoretically possible.

Lots of interesting speculation, but to cut this one off at the head, B1 (and Infinite) and B2 were made by two different studios. There are no references or connections between B2 and Infinite.

Oh, and piece of advice for anyone who wants to stay unspoiled: do NOT look up the trailer for the upcoming story DLC. It doesn't directly give anything away, but it implies an awful lot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sundowner posted:

Edit: I was just thinking that "Quantum Racism" might have also been a funny title, now that I think about it.

Schrodinger's Coin Flips

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bruceski posted:

The amusing thing with God Only Knows is that they did such a good job adapting it to barbershop (though the Beach Boys are already pretty much all bout pure tones and harmonies and all that) that it took me a good two minutes of listening to remember that it wasn't supposed to sound that way or exist in 1900.

If you search "God Only Knows" on YouTube, the Infinite version currently comes up ahead of the original.

• Locked thread