Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I NEED MORE COOKIES

Actually the game looks really ridiculous once everything's costs are represented by scientific notation. I wish that was a natural part of the game. You know, for people who don't cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

tooooooo bad posted:

Clicking...tiles? I don't know...

The tiles are made out of cookies.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Kelp Plankton posted:

I NEED MORE COOKIES

Actually the game looks really ridiculous once everything's costs are represented by scientific notation. I wish that was a natural part of the game. You know, for people who don't cheat.

This looks like one of those ridiculous SHMUP games.

Edit:

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 5, 2013

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

siggy2021 posted:

From dicking around in the console it looks like Dungeons might be a whole another game within a game. There are tiles that you can click and everything. This was in the comments for Game.DungeonNode:

code:
		//note : this isn't how it's gonna work in the final version.
		//it'll have tiny little maps
		//it's gonna be cute as butts

Cute as butts? I don't know, butts can be pretty cute.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
kind of want to play Butt Clicker

e: the grandmas would have to go, though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

a bloody icon posted:

5,171,744,235,503,066,000 to my next time machine? oh is that all

OCD is a real bitch. Looking at the cursors makes me itch a little right now, actually.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

a bloody icon posted:

5,171,744,235,503,066,000 to my next time machine? oh is that all

Actually, that seems about right using cookies as a currency. Even if you don't like cookies, there's a point at which enough cookies is a great deal for anything. Want to buy a factory? Bet if you offered them 500 billion cookies they'd sell it to you. 5 quadrillion cookies might be enough encouragement to get a bunch of scientists to work for you to develop that time machine. Their great-great-grandsons would never worry about going hungry.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Syrg Sapphire posted:

OCD is a real bitch. Looking at the cursors makes me itch a little right now, actually.

Just get 4 more :2bong:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Phenotype posted:

Actually, that seems about right using cookies as a currency. Even if you don't like cookies, there's a point at which enough cookies is a great deal for anything. Want to buy a factory? Bet if you offered them 500 billion cookies they'd sell it to you. 5 quadrillion cookies might be enough encouragement to get a bunch of scientists to work for you to develop that time machine. Their great-great-grandsons would never worry about going hungry.

Also, you're building a time machine to pull cookies from the past, what good do those cookies do if the next time machine is just going to suck them away anyway?

Also, bringing all those cookies in from other planets, dimensions, and eras makes inflation a bitch.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Slickdrac posted:

Also, you're building a time machine to pull cookies from the past, what good do those cookies do if the next time machine is just going to suck them away anyway?
No, you can use time machines to duplicate cookies, and create extras in the process. Since we've researched paradox prevention methods, this is okay.

You have a time machine in the past that collects the contents from multiple time machines in the future - and bear in mind, you could be doing this with non-cookie objects such as gold for your alchemy labs and dumptrucks to haul more cookies through time- these time machines then go back to the past and possibly feed into themselves, instantaneously creating millions of cookies.

Why you don't have an infinite amount of CPS as a result, nobody can say. Perhaps The Elders giveth and taketh away, but more likely is that in your cookie lust, almost all of the cookies produced simply return to the past to be multiplied once more, and are essentially out of bounds for your CPS calculations for all eternity.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cute as butts

or cute rear end butts?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Tom Powers posted:

Why you don't have an infinite amount of CPS as a result, nobody can say. Perhaps The Elders giveth and taketh away, but more likely is that in your cookie lust, almost all of the cookies produced simply return to the past to be multiplied once more, and are essentially out of bounds for your CPS calculations for all eternity.

There is an arbitrary diameter limit on the portal leading to some other time so there's an actual maximum volume amount of cookies that can fit through the portal per second. :colbert:

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

There is an arbitrary diameter limit on the portal leading to some other time so there's an actual maximum volume amount of cookies that can fit through the portal per second. :colbert:

This is the most logical answer.

You wouldn't want the cookies to crumble.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I know True Neverclick ends at one million... but I'm at like 60 million CpS without a single click. I don't know why but I feel like I've got to go all in with this Neverclick business. Mad True Neverclick.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I did it, I really did it. I want True Neverclick this bad. God help my poor soul. :smith:

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
So has anyone actually done the 100 time machines without cheating?

I'm down to my last 25, and I've just calculated it will cost me 968,314,551,155,663 cookies in total. My all time cookies baked is 296,900,766,530,172, In other words, even if I had back ALL the cookies I've made, I'd still only have enough to get me 1/3 of the way there. Does quintillion fingers make that much of a difference?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Tea Bone posted:

I'm down to my last 25, and I've just calculated it will cost me 968,314,551,155,663 cookies in total. My all time cookies baked is 296,900,766,530,172, In other words, even if I had back ALL the cookies I've made, I'd still only have enough to get me 1/3 of the way there. Does quintillion fingers make that much of a difference?

It's a bonus of 100 CpS to every single cursor, for every single non-cursor object you own.

For real though, at some point the vast majority of your income is going to be from Frenzy/Lucky combos. At peak effectiveness, every single one of those grants you 3½ hours worth of cookies. And every bit of CpS makes them more effective.

E: For context, increasing your CpS by just 1 means you can gain an additional 12600 cookies from a Frenzy/Lucky. With Quintillion Fingers (and all other cursor upgrades + 200 cursors), every object you buy is gonna increase your CpS by 132.6*200 = 26520, which means an extra 334152000 from every Frenzy/Lucky. And that's before even calculating the stuff that the building produces itself!

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 5, 2013

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I made the mistake of refreshing the page to make sure my Milk / Achievements / Kittens were working like intended and now the site seems to be down and I can no longer play.

But....my cookies. :smith:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Keep refreshing, you'll get them back eventually.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So with the new lucky cookie duration doubler, what's the better strategy: Elder Covenant On or Off?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

So with the new lucky cookie duration doubler, what's the better strategy: Elder Covenant On or Off?

On on on

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The most recent update that has the golden cookie doubler also gives elder pledge a hard cap at like 500 billion or something.

With a CpS of 500 million you would make that back in like 20 minutes even without any golden cookies. Along with the upgrade that doubles its time and as many golden cookie upgrades as you can get, unless I'm missing something there's basically no reason anymore to sacrifice 5% of your CpS.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Oops, cleared all my cookies at work and now I have no more cookies. Last save I archived was 300 million CPS ago.
Well it was 'fun' while it lasted, but at least I'm free now.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Wrist Watch posted:

The most recent update that has the golden cookie doubler also gives elder pledge a hard cap at like 500 billion or something.

The golden cookie upgrades are only at 7 and 27 clicks right?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

You need 77 for Get Lucky, which doubles the duration of golden cookie effects.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The Duggler posted:

Yeah, with the latest one unlocking at 77.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Tea Bone posted:

I'm down to my last 25, and I've just calculated it will cost me 968,314,551,155,663 cookies in total.
That doesn't sound too right, cause from my calculations[1] it costs 902,011,000,000,000 cookies to get from 0 to 100 time machines. I'm at 95 time machines which will cost 444,226,000,000,000 which at my current rate will be done in... one full week of idling. :emo:

e: oh wait maybe that is right???? What the gently caress have I been doing?!

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 5, 2013

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

doomfunk posted:

I know True Neverclick ends at one million... but I'm at like 60 million CpS without a single click. I don't know why but I feel like I've got to go all in with this Neverclick business. Mad True Neverclick.

2 legit 2 click.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:swoon: gently caress yes! Now I can start building my cookie empire anew, from untouched soil!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Red Metal posted:

You need 77 for Get Lucky, which doubles the duration of golden cookie effects.

Wrist Watch posted:

Yeah, with the latest one unlocking at 77.

What have you guys done...

SodomizeTheWeak
Apr 20, 2002
I'm going to miss that banana popsicle.

The Duggler posted:

What have you guys done...

Helped you seriously increase your cookie production!

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
God I fuckin love elder frenzy :pcgaming:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If you reset with over a trillion cookies baked do you get the million and billion achievements too?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yes

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you reset with over a trillion cookies baked do you get the million and billion achievements too?
Oh god there's a shadow achievement for resetting with a billion cookies? Please let this not be true, I just got Uncanny Clicker and thought I was finally done with that section. :negative:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

gently caress

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Wrist Watch posted:

gently caress

Make sure you don't miss the fact that there is one for resetting with a trillion. You said billion before.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Did the frenzy x lucky combo get nerfed or something? Everyone keeps taking about how awesome it is. I should be getting over three hours of cookies from it, but I seem to only be getting about 1/5 of that.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Mak0rz posted:

Did the frenzy x lucky combo get nerfed or something? Everyone keeps taking about how awesome it is. I should be getting over three hours of cookies from it, but I seem to only be getting about 1/5 of that.

You need to have 18,000 * 7 = 126,000 times your cps in your bank to get the full benefit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A basic reset does a reset on stats, right? So I could reset and go for neverclick?

Because I am crazy and a crazy completionist, I'm thinking of hacking in cookies so I get all my "buy this poo poo" achievements an then resetting so I can neverclick.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 5, 2013

• Locked thread