Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Definitely still play this game, the guy seems to be doing daily updates ever since the 24th, and on his "What's Next" list it includes (yes im actually loving spoiling cookie clicker)

-adding back missing features (more grandma types, grandmapocalypse)
-milk and achievements
-:siren:dungeons:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Current goal is to just get 50 time machines, hit that upgrade to double their production, then sit back and smoke my cookie cigar in my cookie office

e: I earn double the cookies per click than my factories, farms, and grandmas earn combined :shepspend:

bawk fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 28, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TangentEnigma posted:

Oh no. My cookie clicking achievements are incomplete due to the poor design of this intentionally idiotic/casual as hell game. Which is about clicking cookies. God drat the lack of foresight on the part of the individual who tossed this poo poo together in a few hours.

You don't understand, THIS GAME IS MY LIFE

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dsT8a9aAU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Awesome! posted:

I'm down to the 900 billion cat and the 999 billion cookies. Plus the 50 time machine buff but I'm not there yet with my paltry 55 million cps.

:shepicide: this is now me.

Good news about that 50 time machine buff

it costs more than the 999,999,999,999 cookie flavors

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sindai posted:

The game really does slow down once you start buying time machines. Once you run out of new building types to aim for costs continue rising exponentially while income rises linearly.

Sounds like you need milk, cats, and 160 cursors

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bash Ironfist posted:

Are granma's worth keeping? Are there things not worth investing money into?

100 is the achievement for each one, but you honest to god don't want anything more than that because they get crazy expensive for zero bonus unless you have thousands of cursors

Spend it all on Time Machines instead, especially when you get their upgrades maxed out

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think the peak right now is 200?

...you mean there's a hard cap?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Here's a fun tip: any recipe you have ever heard of that calls for peanut butter, will also work with a 50/50 split of nutella and pb

Just don't make nutella-only they actually turn out a little funky and disappointing :(

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So what is this golden cookie thing anyway? Do I have to keep clicking the big cookie in order for it to appear? Because I have slavesgrandmas for that

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Okay yeah I 've had this fucker running on my second monitor for a little over 24 hours now and I still haven't seen any golden cookies. Is it tiny or something?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

they go away if you don't get them and sometimes they are halfway off the srceen.
As for size they are a bit bigger than the store icons, or 1/4 the size of the big clickable cookie.

Alright, well, gently caress it then. I'm already at 176,000,000CPS, I don't need those dumb golden cookies anONE LITERALLY JUST APPEARED AND I MISSED IT BECAUSE I WAS poo poo TALKING THEM, gently caress ME

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

Also it's worth noting that at 7 and 27 golden cookies you can increase their spawn rate.

It's a good thing I've gotten 0 of them so far :shepicide:

Somebody needs to take my and add in a little hand holding a vegetable of some kind instead of a gun. That's the true cookie suicide.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Awesome! posted:

There's no telling how deep the rabbit hole goes. Until we fill it with cookies.

I keep trying, but the cookies just pour out of one of my portals. Which means that there's 88 other rabbit holes... I wonder where they started

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Try buying more things!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Guydoingthis posted:

I lost my progress, because my browser is set to clear cookies on closing.

The gently caress have you done you goddamned monster

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh

So that's what a grandmatriarch is

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

gently caress you grandmatriarch i'm not giving you poo poo, just try to stop me

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Really Pants posted:

C̨̘͎̋ͧ̄̓̓͟͠O͕̳̦̰͊ͭ̋̂̚ͅM̷͓̖̙̻̦͂̎͐ͯͩ̀ͨ͢ͅE̪̙͛͛͌͌̓͑̈́́ ̪̬̤̜͕̱̰̪͂̒̔̋̃̏̍̅̆͘G̶̡̺̔̌Ïͦ̐ͥ͐҉͕ͅV̛͂ͥ̉̅̂̈͑͏̼͖͚̳͎͔̟̹E̜̫͉̣͔̮̗̍̇̓̋́ͤ́ ̠̞͖̘͕̙͍͈́̓ͩͮ͂̒͊̏͟͟G͖͍̞̱̝͍ͧ̏̐͞R̛ͨ͐͏̫̠̳͠A̧̠͍̙̱̠͂̋̿ͮͩͨN̷̴̪̼̺̫͉̖ͪ͆͞ͅD̷̺͙̞̝͖̺̫̯̉̓͢M̸̢͔͍͎͎̔̓̓̄͡Aͤ̂̾҉̟͎̱̬̫͘͟ ̧̠͔̫̥̟̣͊͂̂̈̍ͬĄ̭̤͖͚̗̔ͣ̊ͪ̓ͪ̌͜ ̡̬ͬͬ͑͒̃ͧ̈͜K̠̹̤͓͌̾ͣͦ̆ͬ̃͟Ì̠̱̰̜ͯͥ̊̑ͯ̈́̿̚̕͟Ş̶̩̱̟͍͍̝̻͉̒̑ͥ̓S̙̜̣̮̝̫̯͍͓̏̌͊̌̚̚͘

I̦̬̙̹͍̬̳ ̶̼̳̦̯͚͇l̩̫͉̕o̖̜͕͙v͏̘̗̠̪̱̤e͕̲͙̪͚̹͝ ͇̠̻̲͎y̡͙̩͔͈o̭̯͍͜ù̳̩̳̬ ̮t̮͞oó̞͙͖͙̼͚,̫̺̥̳ ̖͖̝̲̦n̛̬̞̳͙͔ḁ̯͓̺̣̻̯n̨̞̗̤̻̼̹a̧

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So, wait, hold on. I still have 3 more upgrades to buy, and I waited out the 30 minute period for the research to finish. But then I didn't unlock anything new to buy :smith:

Are there there Golden Cookie related upgrades?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

kazil posted:

There are upgrades to golden cookies at 7 clicked and 27 clicked.

Does the Elder Covenant never count as purchased, since I can toggle it?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

raspberry juice?

you're adorable

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Half-wit posted:

Can't wait for the author to implement co-op and PVP.
DARK SPIRIT bonethugznmarmalade HAS INVADED YOUR COOKIE

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

kazil posted:

Where's the best place to drop your summon sign for some cookiebroing?

I usually drop it just outside the factory, but now that we can fast travel thanks to the flesh highways its less of an issue. Although gently caress Gravelord suitkittens :shepface:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Redchaostry posted:

What do you have to do to unlock the last clicker upgrade? Only one I am missing. And what is the last achievement after Elder Slumber?

Offer 5 pledges total. There's also the shadow achievements that will appear after those two, but they're all optional.

I think I'm gonna kick this guy a few bucks when I get home, half because I feel like I've played enough of this drat game to warrant paying a few dollars for it, and the other half because I want to see if its true that the Cookie Goddess only comes to those who have paid their tithe :unsmigghh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

iopred posted:

Why play the game, when you can make the game play itself?

You get this non-handmade poo poo out of here

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If it ain't dutch, it ain't much :colbert:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So has any new content been added besides the cheevos? I want my kittens dammit :mad:

e: And an upgrade that swaps the cursors for kittens :allears: I want a ring of kittens clicking that cookie

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh, I didn't even realize there was an upgrade after Quadrillion

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So what was the golden cookie timer thingy again?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

I did it, I quit this game, I even hard reset to make sure I never had the temptation to come back to it.

Version 1.4 released

You just instinctively clicked

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's Get Lucky for? Is it something you unlock with 777 golden cookies? I haven't unlocked it yet.

It doubles the length of Golden cookie bonuses. Meaning two cookies can overlap.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can't wait until somebody from /v/ goes full sperg on the buyback/sell prestige stuff and figured out the absolute optimal way to sell everything in order to maximize prestige :allears:

Expect a :cookieallears: when I get back home today btw

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I reset, got my heavenly chips, and this time around I'm doing things differently.

Only two grandmas.

They're just my two grandmas, helping me bake cookies, we started our own little family business together and we're doing just fine :3:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CJacobs posted:

http://pastebin.com/bxxWLQ4n

There, I rehosted it as a guest where nobody can spontaneously edit it. Just use this link instead of the other one if you really want to run it I guess. I don't recommend it because Java is still sketchy and stuff, but again, if it doesn't have any malicious code in it then :shrug:

edit: I think someone should probably actually confirm if it is malicious or not somehow. The reports so far are that it's not but you know how the internet is.

I am not familiar with JavaScript, or code, at all. Where exactly do I paste this?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can't inspect element anymore

What did I do :stare:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

The problem is that Elder Covenant isn't a good thing to buy because the 5% CPS penalty is a worse decision than paying 500 billion cookies every half hour.

That's the thing, though. You could buy Elder Covenant, but that wouldn't do what the whole Skinner Box/Daily Reward version of compulsive game design is shooting for. That's a situation in which you buy one thing and never think of it again--it goes against what they want you to do, which is make a habit of checking back in. The Golden Cookies were Phase 1 of forcing you to keep your attention on the window, but then as you progress through the game you hit a point where you're deeply invested and have a lot of Cookies Per Second. Then, at that point, your golden cookies don't give as consistently good rewards. So, for a price, you can temporarily alleviate that and get only-good-golden-cookies again. Then you have to check back in every half hour.

You were even conditioned to check back every half hour in the first place, because of the whole factory research angle. The pledges just continue to enforce that behavior. Basically, you'll probably end up finding yourself checking on the window every half hour when you aren't actively clicking golden cookies, because you were not only conditioned to click the cookie, but to check in on your game in that chunk of time. The whole Covenant thing only exists to either A: bypass that entire part of the game if you don't like it, or B: ignore it if you get bored of it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Alright you motherfuckers who complained about loving Empire Biscuits earlier in this thread

You never had a loving sweet biscuit?

:frogout:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I hope the dungeon have an artifact that lets grandmas derive a CPS boost based on Cursor CPS. And vice versa :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

Click golden cookies and 11 hours becomes 20 minutes.

Or just go to work and/or bed

• Locked thread