Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hopefully Hothtrooper continues to post in this thread. How long until you expect version 7 of Immersive Armors to be out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

damnfan posted:

There is currently no fix for that

And possibly never until a modder does it because Bethesda said gently caress off to doing anything more with Skyrim.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So... somebody has released a mod that apparently makes the higher uGridsToLoad more stable and less prone to crashing.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41592//

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tired of random Vampire attacks killing your blacksmiths and merchants? Sick of cultists fireballing you as you tie down your horse? Sick of some rear end in a top hat demanding you have a drinking match with him when you just want to sit down after a long day of draugr slaying? Then this mod is for you

Timing is everything allows you to manually set the start times for several mods. Now you can finally start Dawnguard when you want to without dealing with an onslaught of Vampire rushes. Hell you might actually get to visit the Hall of the Vigilant before it gets burned down!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I alternate between it and Expanded Villages and Cities. I'm using the Fight Against the Thalmor mods as well, though, and Immersive settlements works a bit better with them because it doesn't affect too much on the south side of Dragon Bridge.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Apotheosis posted:

Elvarheim (The guy behind The Azincourt and Glimmer) has come out with a new weapon:

The Cyrodilic Steel Dagger

(BTW, The Nexus is making GBS threads itself right now, so try to download it later.)

Aaand Downloaded. Also, is it too much to ask for a loving body mod that doesn't look like the woman's spine was drawn by Rob Liefeld?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GrizzlyCow posted:

Have you looked at XCE? To my knowledge it is the least sexualized body mod on the Nexus.

XCE is what I'm using right now, but mostly it is just a high res map of the default body with a few tweaks for the feet. The vanilla body has it's own proportion problems, especially around the shoulders. I just want to find a decent looking body that doesn't make me want to snap their fragile spine like Bane on Batman.

EDIT. You can't link, but I can.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh god, this looks awesome. Too bad it's written by "I'm so witty indulge my stupid writing" Apollodown. He spends more time bitching at the people who think his writing style is loving stupid than he actually does explaining the mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43241//

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 2, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

What armor retexture is that? It looks really nice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scyantific posted:

Good lord I really need to use the Saviour's Hide I have stashed in a chest somewhere now.

Amidian Born or a new retex?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/44979// :nws:

want a new body mod from some creepy white knight modders? I've actually used an earlier version of this mod, only because it is one of the extremely few mods that removes boob plates from female armor. This is the newest version, with armor conversions to follow. Not bad, especially compared to some of the other body mods, but it still has a bendier spine than Slenderman.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Berke Negri posted:

Nuska who does the textures (and meshes) is an actual woman, so I am not sure if that makes her a white knight.

But yeah CNHF is pretty classical "almost. You almost got it." Body replacers aren't really...needed? By Skyrim because the vanilla game looks good as is, its not like Morrowind. But the author seems to be like "I'm going to give females smaller breasts and huge thighs" as a counter to Nexus culture which admirable but...unnecessary. Nuska is doing such great work making the Fallouts and Oblivion look less ugly though so whatever, if the other dude wants to claim he's promoting transgender rights by putting out female models with penises okay.

edit: but yeah, if I remember the original mod even had the author addressing a complaint that the spines on his "more real women" body mod were unhealthy and handwaved it because of "reasons". Don't really understand why your progressive understanding mod needs to be a nude mod.

I have nothing against Nuska. Her skin textures are a thing of beauty. It's Calyps that I take issue with. I applaud their attempts to make proper breastplates and more physically fit looking bodies, that's not the problem. The problem is his passive aggressive attitude towards other body replacers. If you want a skinny anime waifu then go ahead and use it. Calyps comes across as very antagonistic to other body mod replacers, like he believes that *his* mod is the *only* one that can be used, because look at how progressive I'm being! I have muscled women, and transvestite models! I'm nothing like those other guys who just fap to naked models!

He undermines his own goals when he attacks other modders for things he does just as badly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Photosynaesthesias posted:

I'm having all kinds of fun problems, though. I was temporarily playing Sin City Skyrim

That needs to be made intentionally. Looks awesome in a Mad World kind of way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should I go for EFF or Amazing Followers Tweaks? I'm using Recruit More Blades, and it apparently has some hoops to jump through with follower mods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should I be using Ultimate Combat, or is it just another "barely change anything and call it an overhaul" mod like Duel?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ugh, gently caress Arthmoor's feature creep. I use Live Another Life because I'm sick of the Helgen sequence. When I first used Live Another Life, all you needed to do was wander over to Helgen, see it had been trashed, find the corpse with the letter on it and pick up Ralof or Hadvar.

Then, he changed it so that you needed to ask about rumors of the War down near Helgen, and do the same as above.

But now? Now, you need to go to an inkeeper, ask about the war, get directed to Solitude or Windhelm, and then THEY will send you to find a guy who knows a guy, but to find HIM, you need to trek across the entire goddamn map and hope you run into him before he goes to another inn.

What the gently caress is so hard to understand about just going to Helgen when we want to start the main quest?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Will the Nexus ever use servers that are not poo poo? I'm trying to download Mod Organizer, and I keep getting errors, if it even lets me begin downloading at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, I've decided to bite the bullet and start using Mod Organizer over the NMM. Now, is there any way to transfer my mods from NMM over to MO so that I never have to use that godawful downloader ever again?

Also, I've downloaded a few mods through MO already, but I can't see the names of any of the mods on the left tab. If I double click the mods, their descriptions show up, but no names in the actual list.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 3, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LtSmash posted:

MO can import your mods from NMM. Its in the tools menu. MO can also install mods from archives so if that doesn't work but you still have the downloads you can just use those. I'm not sure what you mean by not see names. How do you click on them if you can't see them? Screenshot it?

Edit: Oh I think your MO just has the mod name column in the left panel shrunk too much. You expand it by dragging the title divider line things.

Okay, done. Now then, I've installed all the mods I've transferred from NMM. And to activate them I just check their box? How does the black magic come into play to make them all work nicely? And if I want to change certain settings in a mod, will I need to uninstall the mod, reinstall it and check the box again?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that disables the third person camera from snapping back behind the character when you move?

I think there is one, but nexus is being a bitch for me at the moment, so I can't search that well without getting website timeouts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
EDIT.

Okay, running into another problem with MO. At least no crashes so far. Anyhow, a number of mods are showing up as greyed out, with the words "no valid game data" and "overwritten files". How do I get these mods to work?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 4, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tzarnal posted:

Mods that are greyed out with the "overwritten files" message have had all of their files overwritten by mods with larger priority numbers in the leftside panel. Now, when MO launches it creates a virtual Data folder for Skyrim copying first the files with the lowest priority into it and then going up the priority order overwriting as newer files have the same name as older ones. Effectively they are not loading because none of their files are making it into the game, I can't judge for you why that is but generally if you want to fix that you have to move the related mods around to make the files you want to actually stay in the game have the highest priority.

Mods with "no valid game data" can be caused by a few things. MO checks if a mod is actually providing any files that Skyrim would load up as its configured right now, and it thinks the mod isn't. Right-click the mod and select open in explorer. So the folder you are looking at right now should look exactly like this is the data you want to copy into Skyrims Data directory if you were installing manually. That means that .esp files and directories called stuff like meshes, textures, scripts should also be in this level. If you have any of those in a subfolder, move them to the mods main folder instead.

This is an example of what a properly configured mod looks like (that happens to have a lot of directories, most don't have all of these:

So if a mod with the no valid game data error shows up, and all it's texture and meshes folders are inside a Data subfolder, I just take them out of Data and keep them in the main mod directory?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am curious. Would it be possible to Mod Skyrim so that, instead of loading the entire game world, you could just load a specific hold? I know that it would defeat a lot of the exploration, but if there was a way to load a single hold by entering, say, a door, would it increase performance, or even let individual holds be expanded?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My theory would be that if they chopped up the overworld into the different Holds, they could make each hold bigger or more detailed. In practice, it would probably triple the size of the game and kill my harddrive, but it would be neat. I got the idea from a mod I downloaded that increased the interior cell of Whiterun by about 30 percent while not touching the main gameworld.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
SPERG question: When I used Sperge with NMM I had no problem. It overwrote the Uncapper and everything went fine with the perk every two levels. however, I'm now using Mod Organizer, and I've run into a problem. Sperg doesn't seem to overwrite the Uncapper to allow the perk every two levels. I'm getting them every level, and I'm worried that i'll end up overpowered and ruin the challenge. Any suggestions on how I could go about fixing this?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sperg is currently at priority 183. The Uncapper is at 59. I'll try the copypaste suggestion and see if that works.

Despite a few hiccups, I'm amazed at how much more stable my game is. It's not a placebo effect of using a better system like MO, but I literally have had no crashes or freezes during a three hour play session. On NMM, I'd be getting a crash after about 1 1/2 hour.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that give races unique clothing styles? I really liked how in Dragonborn, you could see distinct differences between Morrowind Dunmer and Skyrim Dunmer's apparel. I think it would be neat if this was applied to other races as well. Maybe give the Khajitt some more open clothes to represent their warm environment.

On the topic of clothes, has anyone noticed that Redguard Clothes on a female don't have a first person mesh for the sleeves? I've got floating Rayman hands.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46518// Fantasy Music Overhaul. Not a fan. Maybe I'm spoiled by Jeremy Soule's full orchestra sound, but moaning computer program violins and drums don't do it for me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that add a library to the game? Not a bunch of bookshelves, but a library with every book in the game? I know there are websites with all the Elder Scrolls book lore, but I think it would be cool if there was a location in the game to pour over every available book.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Leelee posted:

There's the "Seaside Library" here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32558/

It looks like it has every book?

Wow. I'm gonna have to check that out. No more hunting across the entire drat world hoping to find all the copies of The Argonian Account.

In other modding questions (I have a lot of these, can't you tell?) is there any way to make Climates of Tamriel less miserable? I have had over two weeks of ingame days where it has been absolutely miserable, raining all the time and overcast. Isn't there some way I could have a nice sunny day for a change?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 12, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got a strange thing with MO right now. I clicked Check for Updates to see which mods need to be changed, and I ended up with a whole lotta red text. The problem was, the version info isn't actually the mod version, but a date. The mods that are up to date already are in green, and they show the version (i.e SkyUI is version 8), but my mods that are either not up to date or an alternate just show dates.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46628//

I really like the idea of putting Skyrim into a total summer or winter. That said, I don't think green mountains are a good thing. If there was a way to keep the snow in mountainous areas, but make the lowlands covered in grass, it'd be like Switzerland or Austria. But mainly, NO MORE BROWN LANDSCAPE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM8_-GrfAB4

unfortunately it's incompatible with Enhanced Lights and Effects Enhancer plugin, and I'm really reluctant to give that up. It makes interior lighting so drat good.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 13, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scyantific posted:

Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions.

I really like that mod, especially with its modular nature. I just wish that the side quests were not so BORING. Go and kill animal. Go and collect pelts. Do this 25 times before we let you into dustman's cairn so you can finally get the last fire breath upgrade.

If the sparring system counted towards the quests required for your proving and Circle quests, I'd really appreciate it. Beating a Circle member should count as an accomplishment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46925//

Oddly enough this mod makes things look like a High Res Runescape. Kinda neat actually, but a little flat.

It says that it comes with Parallax, but since I don't use ENBs I don't know how it will look without the feature.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 22, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I took some screenshots. Man this retexture mod is pretty, but it is a performance killer at times. This was taken with the Higher Grass option.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

epitasis posted:

Does it really ding performance? Dude says it's designed for performance and ran on a 512MB card with an ENB?

Well my machine is on the low end of high tier systems, and I'm mainly strangled by my processor. There are multiple grass options, and I was testing them out. Check my FPS counter in the top right corner of the screen to see what my average was. It got really stuttery.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

epitasis posted:

Your average is 15fps?

With the mod's grass options, yes, it killed my performance. My regular setup usually goes between 35-40 FPS and that suits me just fine. It's not a super computer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like most of the new textures, but I'm not big on the rock ones. They look rather blotchy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Looking for a nice, long dungeon mod that I can preferably start playing at low levels so I can recreate some Ultima Underworld goodness.

Conan Hyborian Age is a good dungeon mod. There are Trolls though, so define low level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did someone read my mind? A practical armor mod that doesn't come with a body replacer?

And it's in the hot files section as well?! When did I drop into bizarro world?

EDIT: nope, same ole' nexus. There's a shithead in the comments badgering people and plugging his "sexy" models mods.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 1, 2013

• Locked thread