Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
And if someone uses the cryptographic sequencer on Beepsky or one of the other securitrons twice...beautiful things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Double emagging Beepski and running as far away as possible will never not be funny.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
There's a goldmine of SS13 videos out on YouTube. Like Beepsky Rolled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bys_q25_Dw

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I tried this game a few times. I got my butt cut off and grafted to a robot that said "butts".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That means you're winning.

ScouSin
Jul 7, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I tried this game a few times. I got my butt cut off and grafted to a robot that said "butts".

I'm jealous. Lately the coolest thing that happened to me was as AI being forced to sing Ol Man River. That and I got a date for the space prom, and it was magical drat it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Always donate your butt to science. Hell, half of the time that I'm either the AI or a robutticist, I make it a point to demand mandatory debutting of all crew members for their own safety.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
:siren: Space Station 13: Episode 2: The quick and the slipped (Janitor) :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBxqZYgem8&feature=youtu.be

Some comments: I was a jerk Janitor, but I did do my job as well. Don't make a habit of playing like this as one might get horribly cluwned. This round went really well!

Also, because you're all just so goddamn special:

Bonus Highlight Reel from a boring round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_tSuyDBZV8

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Razage posted:

Some comments: I was a jerk Janitor, but I did do my job as well. Don't make a habit of playing like this as one might get horribly cluwned.

Or attract a capricious admin with Respawn Self who can do that gibself trick more than once :v:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
That ending was priceless.

Edit: Though 371 uncleaned messes can only be described as a horrible failure at being a janitor.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 5, 2013

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Daeren posted:

Or attract a capricious admin with Respawn Self who can do that gibself trick more than once :v:

The ending may have been priceless, but Daeren's comment brings a whole new dimension to the blood all over the station. :D

Lyuop
Oct 29, 2012
Such a glorious ending.

But why did that guy blow himself up at the beginning? Was he THAT dedicated to giving you a mess to clean up?

ScouSin
Jul 7, 2013

Bremen posted:

Edit: Though 371 uncleaned messes can only be described as a horrible failure at being a janitor.

Or every round with at least 20 players, janitor on-board or not.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Bremen posted:

You did see that escape shuttle at the end didn't you?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lyuop posted:

Such a glorious ending.

But why did that guy blow himself up at the beginning? Was he THAT dedicated to giving you a mess to clean up?

Probably an admin going AFK.
-edit oops missed a comment.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 5, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Probably an admin going AFK.

You did see that it was Daeren's doing, right?

Daeren posted:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
YouTube says the video isn't available on mobile. Sucks; I was looking forward to an uneventful forty five minute video of obsessively tidying a space station. :(

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

HaitianDivorce posted:

YouTube says the video isn't available on mobile. Sucks; I was looking forward to an uneventful forty five minute video of obsessively tidying a space station. :(

I'm sad because even if you see the video it's anything but uneventful. Your hopes were dashed before the video was uploaded =(

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Fab must have Security Officer as their preferred job, because I ran into them in that role as well. I recognised that pink hair on sight.

...That ending. :allears: This game just gets better and better.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Wait, how have I played something on the order of fifty rounds of Space Station 13 and never known that you can equip clothes by clicking on that person icon? Man, that would have been useful to know earlier.

Tereon
May 30, 2011
*sigh*

Just so you know, the new video is blocked in Germany for "the GEMA is a bitch"-reasons (short version: there's a disagreement about music rights in Germany between the GEMA and YouTube, so YouTube was forced to block a lot of videos).

Good thing there's proxy addons for that...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What item might have made the first guy explode?

next be the class that gets that item

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
^ an admin, I believe.

The link to video 2 in the OP is messed up, by the way.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Real hurthling! posted:

What item might have made the first guy explode?

next be the class that gets that item

That was me, and I used the admin command selfgib, which has that unique animation. The messages in his head he got were from me too, because I was having fun watching him screw with the HOP and try to get his bucket back.

I did this because I gently caress with the janitor basically every chance I get, with or without admin powers. Long ago, it used to be possible to stuff yourself to the gills with healing chemicals, to the point you could suicide with a glass shard and slit your throat, sending arterial spray everywhere...but take effectively no damage. This meant I could follow any janitors trying to do their job, slashing my throat constantly, soaking them and everything around them in high-pressure blood. Or, I could just make a batch of instant gore mix and use a smoke reaction to spread it across an entire room.

Janitors have a really hard time of things. It's no wonder most people just use the job to slip people and fart on them.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The link for episode 2 is broken in the OP.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 5, 2013

Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009
Janitors slip people and fart on them because they are carrying on The Old Ways, and are on the path to janitorial enlightenment.

(When the janitor was implemented it was literally a grief job and causing huge pileups in the hall was literally the janitors entire purpose. The addition of "things to actually clean" and being unjustly stomped on by angry crew and eventually admins has caused them to actually clean things now. But they are false janitors who couldn't stand up to oppression.)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Daeren posted:

This meant I could follow any janitors trying to do their job, slashing my throat constantly, soaking them and everything around them in high-pressure blood. Or, I could just make a batch of instant gore mix and use a smoke reaction to spread it across an entire room.
See, this is when the Janitor should give his soul to the Almighty Anti-Janitor and start filling up his empty spray bottles with equal amounts of blood, carbon and vomit and clean the station and crew with that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That was certainly a magical game.

Most of the time it did feel kinda like that playing as a janitor.

I think maybe I'd be a better janitor if I camped around the places I needed to keep cleaned and if people stopped stealing my buckets and spacing them. I never even knew they got spaced.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Space Station 13 stories are one of my favorite things about the forums, but actually watching it is something else. That ending was indeed magical.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

That was everything I hoped it would be. The other video makes me want to see a Quartermaster video now.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Oh my god yes. I was waiting for this to happen.

Maybe i'll make an admin mode video sometime as a joke update. Though iv'e never done a video LP...video. Also my voice is hilariously bad.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Your janitorial work is awe inspiring, I was in god drat stitches from your escapades.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
That ending is quintessential Space Station 13. It made me so happy :allears:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So in the end, when whoever opens the shuttle stops vomiting from the horrible scene they just witnessed, they are going to explore the shuttle and find a single survivor in the sleeper-bed, a janitor in a spacesuit with one leg blown off.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I could be wrong as I've never played this before, but I think there were two sleepers with the lids closed. Maybe there was a friend in there?

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Onean posted:

I could be wrong as I've never played this before, but I think there were two sleepers with the lids closed. Maybe there was a friend in there?

You are correct. A dude jumps in the other one just in time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Just curious since it's also blocked for me - will you bother to reupload it somewhere else/edit out the music or will i have to download this through a proxy?

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I fixed the link in the OP.

I'll have to investigate where else I can post the videos. I can also start recording with no background music but the game doesn't have a lot of audio so the video's would get quiet (The background music is just Grooveshark's Ambient Station, I don't even pick it). I can't edit the audio out of the existing episodes because it's all mixed into one stream prior to being recorded.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
I think my favorite part of the entire debacle is the fact that so much is going on and you have no idea about it, and it occasionally creeps into view while he's doing his tasks, like the horrible bloody mess in medbay or the poisoned person lurching about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Razage posted:

:siren: Space Station 13: Episode 2: The quick and the slipped (Janitor) :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBxqZYgem8&feature=youtu.be

Some comments: I was a jerk Janitor, but I did do my job as well. Don't make a habit of playing like this as one might get horribly cluwned. This round went really well!

Also, because you're all just so goddamn special:

Bonus Highlight Reel from a boring round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_tSuyDBZV8
Your video is blocked in Germany.
Could you please turn off the midis in your next recording. Youtube seems to react especially annoyed to the lobby song for some reason.

• Locked thread