Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:psyduck: I need an info post so badly. What even is this?

...It just seemed like a bunch of random chucklefucks were let loose on a space station, their only instructions being 'go nuts'. Would that be an accurate summation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

magic mountain posted:

There you go, it is now.

This should be a fun ride! I can't wait to see where you go with this Razage, there's so many possibilities.
I just went to the Goonstation wiki and read nothing but the various job pages.

I heartily agree that this is going to be a super special LP. :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Well, went in and gave things a try on the two Goonstation servers. I managed to learn a couple of things.

One, being in Australia did not sit well with the servers, which caused me to fly down hallways instead of taking single steps. :sweatdrop:

Two, it's not terribly satisfying to walk off the shuttle, stumble around a few turns and get ambushed by a changling spitting acid in your face. :cripes:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Yeah, this isn't happening. :sweatdrop: The lag is just way, way too terrible to work with.

Still, looking forward to seeing what shenanigans Razage gets up to. :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hey, guess what? I managed to get a reasonably less laggy session today. Spawned as traitor. Gave self fake moustache by accident. Spawned the other Staff Assistant item, played around with it. Got nabbed by a Security Officer and the ship's detective in short order, interrogated by the extremely drunk detective and thrown in the brig for a three-way traitor deathmatch. :psyduck:

If only I'd known how to throw punches. This game is still amazing. More videos, more!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Lovely Senorita posted:

As an example of the grab intent, I used it to grab Yap Veeson by the throat in order to use him as a human shield against an onslaught of laser fire.

Sorry guy! v:shobon:v
No worries. All's fair in love, war and traitor deathmatches. :)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Fab must have Security Officer as their preferred job, because I ran into them in that role as well. I recognised that pink hair on sight.

...That ending. :allears: This game just gets better and better.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Razage posted:

I do plan to play all the professions (Even the dreaded security officer) at some point.
But wouldn't that mean revealing some of the secret chemistry recipes to us at some point? :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:cripes: Chaplain walks onto station, finds chapel is full of gibs. Janitor decides that instead of cleaning, he would run around the room farting before escaping down the hallway.

He then comes back, hits the chaplain Yap Veeson with a flash/cell assembly, crams him into a locker and spaces it. :argh:

This is the best/worst game.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Captain Bravo posted:

Do not disparage the griff for his success, disparage yourself for not being robust. :colbert:
...That sounds awfully like a confession to me, Bravo. :raise:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Note to self: Vanilla Tearum is not safe to drink. I couldn't speak, couldn't breathe, laughed uncontrollably... and vomited up green goo.

And then some random person stripped and tossed me onto the belts after making it look like they were taking me to medbay. Seriously, more people need to give this a try. :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Mordaedil posted:

Admin isn't a chosen job, that's actually reserved for people who are assigned as such outside of the game. AI is a position you can take though.
I believe our often-posting friend there was referring to the administrative tasks on board, not becoming an admin.

As in, the 'Head of X' and 'Director' positions.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Whoever just populated the station with vuvuzelas... I will hunt you down! :argh:

Seriously though, that was painful. Ever heard a 13-minute vuvuzela orchestra?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Nice work with the subtitles, Razage. That stuff with THE COP was... something.

Oh, and a quick question: How does the 'Goon?' command work?

Five posted:

Thanks for turning me on to this game, by the way. Its been a lot of fun, even though I feel like I'm flailing around like an idiot most of the time.

If you're the Five I think you are, you seem to be doing a good job to me. :3:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
There have been some very interesting rounds today. One where the station started vanishing into the void and borgs had to build a last-minute bridge to the shuttle, one with a honey-spawning version of Razage's chem recipes... Oh, and the wizard round I just spent as Chaplain.

I was doing so well until lag made me run clear through the escape shuttle and fly off into the far reaches of space.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Lazy Gun posted:

So, has there ever been an all Wizard round? Like a Wizard Federation Station or an especially disfunctional Space Hogwarts? Or would that just be five minutes of spell spam leading to the server imploding?

The server has a hard time with smallish fires and a few explosions. More than two wizards would have the poor thing begging for mercy (and about thirty comments about space laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag).

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Well, the two rounds I managed to have yesterday were... interesting. The first had some idiot chemist tell his friend what they had finally figured out was the sarin recipe, while most of the station was dead from a traitor botanist with a chainsaw. :downs: (Coincidentally, I now know how to make sarin and morphine. The admins may have to change the former, since a dozen or so people were told the recipe for free.)

The second round? Tried some door-hacking, forgot to wear insulated gloves. BZZZT! (I believe that's what you would call Yet Another Stupid Death.)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Nope. Not really all that big of a deal. If people abuse it, they'll just get yelled at, I'm not changing all the recipes again.

Sounds fair to me. Also, quick question: What's the viability of adding some option where your character's brain is labelled 'DO NOT BORG'? :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Glad to see Razage paying more attention to the chat, aside from the "Why are we going to medbay?" moment. :) In SS13-related stuff, I watched the Futurama episode 'Murder on the Planet Express' last night, and from 6:20 onwards made for a pretty good example of how changeling rounds work in this game.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:psyduck: Razage, you are one of the least observant individuals I've ever encountered. (That, or I'm just weird for actually reading everything that pops up on the chat pane while I'm playing. I like to know what's going on... and more importantly, where not to go for fear of bludgeoning, shooting and/or explosions.)

I must admit, I'm prone to doing my best to be a good Sec if I get given the position. And yes, that does generally mean you don't reach the end of the round. :( Even if you don't offend anybody, you'll probably still get whacked by some random traitor. (More often than not, it will be in the opening minutes of the round.) Such is the life of the Security Officer. :cop:

Honestly, the biggest tip I can give for the role is "Know how to set someone to Arrest." Anyone Beepski can handle is one less brush with death for you. Just try not to set everyone who annoys you to arrest.

...Wow, the chef was busy. Also, 'sperghetti'. :rolleyes:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Robust Laser posted:

hold on have i been doing it wrong

Should I not be setting the janitor to arrest every time I slip five times or more in one round?

Hmm... Nope, that sounds justified. :mmmhmm: (Consider taking them off Arrest after they start yelling on the radio about their brush with Beepski.)

quote:

I'm not generally the most active security. I mean, I wander around lookin' to see if I should do anything on occasion but last time I was Sec I hung out in the Security room with the detective, ate donuts, and talked about all the wacky things going on on the radio that the other Security can probably handle just fine. Good times.

Sounds like a good idea for a buddy cop one-off.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 15, 2014

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Space Racism may be a serious issue, but clowns are still scum. :argh: Becky did a good job giving her seminars despite being abused, kidnapped and farted at.

Overall, a pretty good round. :) Though now I'm curious how you make 'the physical manifestation of the very concept of fried foods'.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So that borg round basically made everyone into a shinier, less fleshy version of the Many? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Shardix posted:

The clown was holding a Bible.

:master: I really hope that the clown was planning on that happening.

I need to get back into playing this silly spaceman game. :allears:

• Locked thread