Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's almost as though not having gone through three years of absolutely absurd hype and controlling yourself to have realistic expectations going in allows you to be more reasonable.

I can't wait to see his V-Logs for Books 3 & 4 then. You are not truly an Avatar fan until you have gone through the trial of Nickelodeon interrupting a season mid-way through and felt the madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008
I do hope they keep Iroh around a little bit. I want to see Zuko's legacy more : )

Whoever was talking about Aang meeting his grandkids... This is an amazing picture to behold. http://atla-annotated.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/09

Also the NC Last Airbender review is out, http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/40488-the-last-airbender

Ahaha... ahahahaha... HAHAHAHAHA!

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Also the NC review is not funny at all and reminds me why I stopped watching him in high school. He made some decent points, but overall goddamn I guess I just don't get why people find him funny.

He isn't particularly hilarious. I enjoy his point of view because it is different than mine and I enjoy listening to what other's think. Mainly, my laughter was about how he finally loving saw it.

If there's one thing I'm looking forward to in Korra Book 2, it's the twin action. If feats of great strength and imagination can come out from just two people working together, then I can't wait to see what two perfectly in sync characters can do. (Or at least what the writers think of what they can do)

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

:3: Rufftoon is delightful, I really liked her fanfiction of Admiral Zhao.

It's way better than it sounds I promise: http://noselfcontrol.deviantart.com/art/Water-Tribe-001-69837313

My free time!!! What sort of devil-contracted piece of art have you brought before us Bedlamdan!

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008
So... I feel for Mako, finally. Anyone else?

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

FourLeaf posted:

Well you saw how the servant at the Airbending Temple treated them; that sort of thing has probably been happening their whole lives. There are probably a lot of people who don't know Katara and Aang had more than one kid because Tenzin's always been the most famous for carrying the only Airbending genes left in the entire world. Kya and Bumi probably do it to keep his ego in check.

I'm more interested in Katara's look at the three siblings then. It looked like she was rather concerned on how he was taking the possibility of being replaced.

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008
If we're talking about stuff we dislike... I hate the spirits so far. Whatever Korra and several other competent benders seem to throw at them, they remain focused and nigh-invincible (seriously, a loving fireball in the goddamn stomach doesn't kill a small snake spirit). It takes a magical McGuffin type of bending to solely stop them.

This just reminds me of Inuyasha and how the population of Japan would be non-existent because only a few people are capable of killing off even the lowest of demons. And from the scenes we got from Wan's age he stops a fight between humans and the spirits. How the hell could he have stopped them if they were like this!? We will obviously find out, probably through talking, but I'd figured Korra would be a better bender than him and could use force on spirits in the physical world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

This show is really bumming me out.

Korra just is not a very thoughtful character. She seems to swing from action to action with very little purpose. Maybe that is intentional characterization, but if so it is not fun to watch. When compared to Aang, Korra seems two-dimensional. What you see is what you get. My girlfriend has been making a lot of comparisons between Aang and Bobby Hill; both are goofy and sensitive, but with an unfaltering internal compass and incredible competency. Meanwhile, Korra is Joseph Gribble.

Honestly, with the Republic City Hustle episodes... I was hoping they were going to put Bolin in the area of unfaltering internal compass. I thought they demonstrated he had good trust in the people he deemed as good and it turned out better for them. (I personally liked the Toza plot) He may not be as smart as Sokka, like doing the job for Shady Shin, but it looked like he was still shrewd enough to make good judgments and is brave enough to try.

I miss the team problem-solving dynamic. This storm and stress poo poo should be over with by now.

• Locked thread