Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Lotish posted:

Hi, not-a-car-guy here, just visiting the thread. What the hell does this mean?

DD = Daily Driver
E46 M3 = 2001-2006 BMW M3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

It's got the hood and front valence too, I'd have assumed M3 unless you have seen the car before.

That's because it is an M3. I assume you didn't get his sarcasm :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

This can be pants-shittingly terrifying when you're on a motorcycle. The worst part is that after they do it, they typically act like you're in the wrong. I've even had a bro truck chase me down at the next redlight and yell at me for cutting him off when he moved from the left turn-lane all the way to the right most lane (3 lanes)... Thank god there is lane splitting in CA, I usually just try and get the hell away from people asap.

Yep. I usually pick up the corner speed greatly and leave them behind.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
A. Cross DY
or
B. Leave for class earlier

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Atticus_1354 posted:

I have passed these guys a couple times on I-10 and on some back roads around here because they were going so slow. I wonder if they are told to drive slow as poo poo.

Well it certainly allows them to use cheaper equipment for decent photo quality...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I love that corner. South Mountain in Phoenix, Az.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

The Midniter posted:

Oh and one more thing - I could not BELIEVE the distance at which some cars would follow 18-wheelers (and to a lesser extent, other cars). I'm talking five feet behind the underride guard, at 70 miles per hour, for extended amounts of time. Do these people not understand that they are taking their very lives into their hands? It astounds me.
On a motorcycle doing a long trip and it's cold as poo poo? Tailgate that semi and get warm / save your ears for a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Parking talk:

I have a tiny car, if I park straight in a space there is always about a 2ft gap to the lines each side. I know the paint is looking a bit past it, but there's no excuse for the 20+ marks on each side where some moron has let their door swing into mine. :argh:

It sucks when I park my motorcycle in the middle of a spot and I come out to find someone parked half way into my spot... it sucks further when I stand the bike up to get it out of the spot and my metal bar end weights gouge their doors.