Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
while we are on the subject of road rage I'd like to share one of my favorites from another site.

I had to leave from work early as our heatpump at home is bringing the suck. So on my way out I picked up a diet Rockstar and 2 double cheeseburgers as today I count as my "bad food" day. And homeward bound I went.

It is beautiful driving today. Not to warm, not to cold and there is ZERO traffic on the roads seeing as it is noon thirty. 270 is nice and open with none of the idiot ballet that ensues in 4 hours. Amigo humming along as bias ply TSl's do on open highway and me with a mouthful of colon destroying death.

I finish one of the burgers and take a big swig of 400% of my daily B5 and the taurine tingles as it goes down. Bev says its going to make my coat shiny.270 goes from 4 lanes down to 2 and I notice a white car hauling rear end a half mile or so behind me, so I go into the right hand lane.

The car goes in the right hand lane.

Next thing you know I have this little loving hon/toy/geo/whatevathefuck trying to violate my Amigo like it was a cross-dresser at San Quinton. I literally CAN NOT SEE the dash of the car. All I can see is the top of a female driver and male passengers' head.
Now on a normal day they would have been testing the shear strength of SCD40 tubing while I was picking out a new set of tires in my head from the insurance check. But today I actualy have to get home before one so we dont have get some Texas BBQ rub for the ferrets due to the slow roasting they will get come summer if the A/C is not fixed.
I am doing 65+ by my speedometer, this is around 75-80 once you take into account the tires and poo poo. and I swear I can hear a little voice saying "AMIGO RAGE !!!!"

So I blinker, go to the left lane.

They go to the left lane

I blinker go to the right lane

they go to the right (note: no blinker. that means they are from around here)

I catch a glimpse of the driver and passengers face and I know neither of them.

Fine fuckers. Lets play.

I go back to the left lane and of course they follow and are all up in my poo poo again. My right hand opens the McDonalds bag and pulls out my paper wrapped armament. I (with the training of a thousand bras) open the wrapper with one hand and quickly gaze at my tactical foodstuff. At this point I note that I am still a little hungry so I flip back the top bun and grasp the death patty.
noblinkercheckthatitsclearSWEEEEEARVE to the right lane and with a supple wrist FLICK the triglyceride bomb out the drivers window.
I watch its beautiful arc, the heat lamp baked cheese glisten in the afternoon sun, and its impact just above the wipers right of center on the windshield
And I maintain speed.

and i giggle

Now the next part is what made it alllll worth it.
As they pull up next to me I see that she is not glaring at me, no. she is glaring and YELLING at her male passenger who is LAUGHING HIS loving rear end OFF I mean like sliding down the seat, eyes watering, hysterical laughter .

And as they pass I see why:
On the back of the POS was a wide assortment of bumberstickers. The most prominent ones i could read were "Kerry" "somethinsomethin SUV" and "VEGAN"

It took every bit of me not to crash as I laughed my rear end off. Mostly thinking of how much BS the guy in her car must have dealt with and how much better he feels now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
My horn does not work.
a 300watt PA system would though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
that rover just keeps eating cars :neckbeard:

I wouldn't need train horns with a PA system. Hell. I don't even need that. All I need is for my power window switch to not be flaky in true british nature.

I scared the poo poo out of some guy doing an Illegal Uturn infront of me (on a bicycle) and 10 or so other cars. got right beside his closed window and yelled at him. dude pulled over and stopped.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kill-9 posted:

If you ever come across a genuine GDE aluminum winch bumper you let me know. I missed a cheap one on Craigslist in town by a few minutes last year and am still pissed about that one. I really like the look and they seem more sturdy than you'd think an aluminum brush guard would be.

I'll keep an eye out. I see them occasionally. I last saw one when I bought the red rover.

Cats are oil clogged in my rover. Best solution for a tail gating prius? Drop it to 3rd on the freeway and get revs over 4500. smokes like tire fire.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm in Pasadena for a week.

4 lane road with a turn lane, I'm in the inner lane comin up on the same loving intersection where my range rover was totaled. I'm going speedlimit.

I'm comin up on the intersection quick and this dickhead comes flying up beside me from the passenger side, yanks over in front of me almost clipping the front of the rover and makes a left turn almost hitting someone head on in the opposite lane.

hey.
hey pasadena.
gently caress. YOU.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Every city I cycle in its illegal to ride the sidewalks.

with that said, i obey more traffic laws on a bicycle than with a motorcycle/car.

E: god drat you guys hate cyclists.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 24, 2013

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I support the NHP with the rover.

gently caress any sort of high volume shoulder less road. E: I stay off anything with more than 35mph posted.
The drivers scare me here in a 3 ton truck much less a 20lb bicycle. I choose routes very wisely and make sure to not run lights/stop signs.

speaking of poo poo drivers. Fuckin' snowbird made a right turn into the lane beside of me, then decided to merge into me with out looking. How the gently caress do you miss a bright red truck thats almost 7 feet tall?

Good thing for lockheed brakes.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 24, 2013

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Those are fun when the gap is big enough to wedge your car into.

I always try to wedge my vehicle with my passenger side against their driverside. Climb over your console you gently caress!

ding my door because youre pissed? no fucks given, rocks do it all the time.

bonus points if someone blocks their passenger side too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry that you felt the need to just jerk over with no blinker or warning mr E350 MB owner. I'm also very sorry that the PO of my vehicle gutted the column and my horn does not work. I'm also even more sorry that my aircraft landing lights burnt your retinas into cataracts, Now please fuckoff and die.

bikechat: If I'm on mountain roads I get the hell outta the locals way, I'll gladly use the turnout. Pretty awesome when a honda minivan is doing 60mph in 20mph turns.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
So its okay for cars to blow lights and stopsigns on a regular basis but cyclists can't? Please explain.

also: No wonder why I was hit here in Sept. God drat the drivers are terrible.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
My incident was separate. sorry. Twice today people ran a stop sign while I was out cycling. they were throwing their hands up like *I* was the one at fault. I'm in the travel lane with the right of way which is also a dedicated cycle lane.

Yesterday I saw 5-6 motorists blow a light with no fucks given. *light goes red* people don't even bother to slow down.

Pasadena: third world edition.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

cursedshitbox: You know what's quite satisfying? Yelling abuse at cyclists who run reds when you are also on a bike and have stopped like you're supposed to.

I like this idea.

It was also really amusing to me that I kept up with a X5 owner driving like a total rear end in a top hat.
He got hit by every. friggin. light.

Light goes green, he goes into full attack mode zipping around everybody, only to get hit by the next light. and I casually pull up beside him.....On a bicycle. :v:

E: Light timers: I've seen em vary anywhere between 3-6 seconds. if there is a camera its towards the longer end of the spectrum.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 9, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I only follow as closely as my brakes can adequately stop my vehicle in a oh poo poo situation.

which ain' that good. so I take my time and leave space.

(I really need to do the vented rotors and Defender calipers oh god I hate the brakes on this thiiiing)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Root Bear posted:

Speaking of headlight shenanigans/trends/nuisances, I'm noticing more and more commuter vehicles now with those ignorantly bright blue-tinted headlights. There's an ever-so-small part of me that wants to see them destroyed in a collision whenever I confuse them for police/emergency vehicles. :argh:

I have a form colorblindness that when people use blue/purple hued lights it just rapes my eyes. I almost ran over a lovely civic the other night because of his blue tinted HIDZZZZ.

I generally wear yellowed glasses for night driving, or 3000k headlights (which I've been ticketed for in the south).

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

The red flag is still lodged in the driver's sinus cavity.

No where near the status of that seat cushion though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Tailgating is never a good idea,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0rj2sZ1KA4

They were probably on the phone too.

Yep saw that coming the instant that car was tailgating in the left lane and yanked over.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

MrOnBicycle posted:

A bit old but showed up in YouTube feed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwegMjnrdn4

TL;DW: Motorcyclist buys a foam roll that doesn't fit in his backpack and has it hanging on the handle in a plastic bag. Of course he drops if after letting the plastic bag go. He goes back for the roller, a car hits it and stops, soon after someone rear ends the stopped car. He gets "failure to secure load" ticker á ~$350 + probation. Cries on YouTube how it wasn't his fault etc.

He's a dumbass for busting 90 on residental streets while not securing his load.
Driver A is a dumbass for stopping in the shade at that time of day in a dark colored car.
Driver B is also a dumbass for hauling rear end and not paying attention.

Its dumbasses all the way down.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
dude's shitbox a-pillar probably put your shitbox in his blindspot. but still, just yank to the left and carry on with your day, no need for road rage. That attitude would get you killed in about 15 minutes on a motorcycle.

as for the truck...merge ahead of em. every time, or at least make your reactions visible to them. trucker mirrors suck and I can vaguely see dude yank.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 15, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

That's called "cop wants to see if you've been drinking" (or in the south, see if you're black)

Or brown. I had the driving record of Korben Dallss living in bama'

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
You should probably :nms: that before big daddy diabetic comes in.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy fack! I'd say more along the lines of 55ish for speed, which is still way loving fast for conditions.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nevermind that this idiot went out and had kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I guess what I'm wondering is - are you screwed by depreciated value on a 5 month old car totaled by someone who hit you? Let's say you financed the whole thing for whatever reason, and your car is now worth $20k on a $25k loan.

There is something called gap insurance for that.