Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Protocol7 posted:

As someone who spends a lot of time walking around Denver, gently caress cyclists who ride on the sidewalk. More often than not they're on the sidewalk adjacent to the dedicated bike lane, and if they're going the same direction as me they often zoom right around me way too loving close without any warning at all. Only once have I ever had a cyclist say "on your left." And I moved to make room for them.

Half the time I yell "on your left" on a bike/pedestrian trail, the pedestrians move to the left not knowing what the hell to do. Unless it's their first time on that trail in particular, they should be used to the procedure by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

xzzy posted:

We got our first diverging diamond last year, and it seems to work pretty well.

The only flaw is they crammed it in over the top of a traditional overpass that was built in the 50's and they made it too small for traffic to maintain speed.. you have to go from 45 down to 35 to safely make the bends.

I think diverging diamonds have been proven mathematically to be more efficient in terms of number of vehicles per hour that can enter/exit the highway. They just don't feel faster to the individual because there's a lot more stop lights that you can get stuck at.

There's a new diverging diamond here in Rochester, NY and only twice have I seen drivers speed down the wrong side completely. Kind of amazed it doesn't occur more frequently, although I am a fan of the design. It would work flawlessly if there wasn't another intersection less than 200ft away causing jams inside the diamond during rush hour.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Unless they're selling it there, I've seen people do that on US route 1 in central SC. A Grand Caravan isn't exactly a sought-after keeper.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

wolrah posted:

If I'm not mistaken the diesel Smarts get decent mileage, but we don't get those here.

edit: wtf, apparently the diesel isn't offered in Europe either as of 2014.

I sat in the Brabus model at the auto show last night. That car makes my Fiesta feel like an Explorer by comparison.

I test-drove a Fiesta ST once and it made my 2nd gen Impreza feel like a land yacht.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

kastein posted:

Hey that's a Boston left thank you very much :colbert:

Pretty sure it's a Jersey left.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

My favorite plate/frame combo was a plate that just said "VROOOOM". The frame itself said "I know, I know, license and registration"

At least they were self-aware of their speeding.

The other week I was behind somebody with the same plate frame doing about 5 in a 30 in downtown Rochester. Not a car ahead of them for half a mile.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

To be fair that car looks like it can be picked up and carried if the bumper overlap wasn't an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Sigma posted:

This is the Jeep that was in the ER parking lot

These colors don't run.