Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies
It wasn't until I'd been driving for 16 years that I finally got a warning for not having a front plate. A month or two later, after stupidly getting pulled over for speeding, I was given a ticket for the missing plate. I certainly wasn't going to complain, since the officer was nice enough to not ticket me for speeding, which would have been more expensive than the plate.

On my new car, they provided the plate bracket, but it wasn't installed. I was planning on seeing if I can get the dealership to install it since it requires drilling in to the bumper (WTF, VW?) and don't have any real tools. But, I think I may go with that hide the plate option.

I haven't been pulled over yet in this car, but I think that's because I've finally stopped speeding everywhere. I don't want to keep pushing my luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Negromancer posted:

and thats even in the outback we used to have! It was green and I live in seattle, have fun figuring out which green outback is yours in the REI parking lot! That was the worst idea ever.
I'm sure you already know this, but: Press button on Fob, look for flashing lights.

quote:

I really like my jetta sportwagen because my dog is light enough that she does not trigger the passenger air bag sensor, so I feel better about having her ride shotgun.

I kept noticing my Jetta would occasionally detect a passenger when I would put my gym bag on the seat. I thought it was weird, as it's not heavy. I eventually found out that it was my cell phone that was causing it when one day I set it on the passenger seat with the charging cable plugged in to it.

Nice Dog. :3:

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

EbolaIvory posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibs6gyABz8

Yep.
gently caress people not using blinkers.

He didn't signal when he ran the rear end in a top hat driver off of the road. :colbert:

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Moppingest posted:

I've got a whole bunch of these, still trying to figure out the best (and free) method to upload/edit them. Not sure why this one only uploads in 360p though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDUzUJKpdU4

That's just because it's one of the first resolutions to finish. It takes a while for the higher resolutions to complete and show up.

E: Beaten!

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Some of the Sheep posted:

My impression of it was it was a waste of time. Almost all bone, you spend your whole time searching for meat. No special flavour the rest of the chicken doesn't have either.

I've never eaten them, but just looking at them this is the impression I get. The only thing I can see using them for would be to make some stock.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies
Hmm... I've only seen single car rolling roadblocks here in California.

Like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31fZIBxFd9I

I'd never seen that happen before (and I had been driving for about 18 years at that point), so it was weird as hell to me. I think I've seen it about 3 times since then.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

xzzy posted:

No, but not many vehicles are yet equipped with microphones. Which for most people means they'll head to the store to buy either a bluetooth headset or wired equivalent, which will instantly put them in violation of any ear-blocking laws.

I would think that using a phone on speaker also causes problems because most people will hold it in their hand.

Obviously the solution is to just not use the goddamn phone while driving, but that battle was lost years ago.

You can buy bluetooth speaker/mic that clips on your visor. Also, most bluetooth earpieces are for a single ear (If you're using a wired equivalent, even if they're stereo, you can still talk/listen perfectly fine with only a single earpiece) which, last I've heard is perfectly legal.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Someone needs to slap an 'Are Country' sticker underneath that flag to make this perfect.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies
To hopefully put this ridiculous de-rail to rest, why not just put a back up beeper on the van? Most people (that I've seen anyway) tend to move the gently caress out of the way when they hear those.

Like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtjdTgRhTC4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

EightBit posted:

Fuel doors on the passenger side don't make any sense. There's always going to be a driver, put it on the side closest to them.

The VW Salesman told me (and I'm sure it's bullshit, but whatever) that they do that for safety reasons. If you run out of fuel and you're on the side of the road trying to fuel up your car, you're away from the road and (hopefully) less likely to be hit.

***Edit***
gently caress, beaten.