Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

KittyEmpress posted:

If Bioware was as bad and heavy handed as everyone claims they are, they easily could have not given you a choice to execute him. I mean, I let him live once or twice because in comparison to everything else that goes down, Anders following his own goal instead of being PERFECTLY LOYAL BEEPBOOP due to me maxing his friendship was neat.

I would counter that there is no option to not help him even after collecting mysterious ingredients from a place that smells like sulphur. I mean, for fucks sake, I get it, its a bomb. don't make me do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Android Blues posted:

I think you can choose not to help him, he just gathers the stuff himself if you turn down the quest. That's vague memory though. As far as the end of "Justice" (the quest where you help him gather ingredients), he asks you to help him sneak into the Chantry for undisclosed reasons, and you can definitely turn him down and yell at him a little there (but you can't do anything about it, like for example kill him on the spot).

Guess I was just autopiloting at that point in the game. My bad!

edit: still would have been nice to kill him though

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Trapped In The Closet is a joke? I thought it was serious and R.Kelly is just really loving crazy.

Anyway, ^ this is correct, they're aren't Obsidian. It isn't wasted potential because there was no potential to begin with. People are just overanalyzing it.

Thirded, or whatever. Unless new minds are in charge, and it looks like they aren't, this one will be just as dark and sexy and lovely as the last one.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

My main fear is that DA:I won't give me a romance option that's as anti-mage as Fenris.

I mean romance options are pretty much why people play Bioware games right?

This is really your main worry about this game?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Bored posted:

I'm pretty sure the big demon you fight after you fight the 3 (or was it 2?) ghost demon things is what is lurking under kirkwall. I think the writers realized it was a weak explanation which is why they brought up the corrupting presence of the not-architect in the DLC. Edit: It wouldn't have been a weak explanation if they had more action in the sewers (possibly not identical to all of the other sewers) regarding that piece of lore.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Band_of_Three

I couldn't remember the names, but I'm guessing most other people won't either. If you do need the names to remember who you fought, they're at the end of the article I linked. Or you might not remember if you couldn't find all of the Journal Pages.

OK sure, but nobody wants to play a game where the greater meaning behind events is kept secret from them, revealed in easily missed walls of text or only revealed in tie in material.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

"A really unlikable cell that cracks really bad jokes and confused everybody"

The lord of the rings is about growing democratic awareness among ents

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Extra Smooth Balls posted:

Unless you're a female grey warden, then you just have to hope you die fighting the darkspawn. :gonk:

Sorry, what? Is this that hepsith poo poo?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/497878-official-xbox-magazine-dragon-age-inquisition-preview/

5. Endings:
"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

:lol:

This is some incredible nerve

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

On paper, the summary doesn't sound terrible, so that's good. How was the writing?

Probably pissing in the cereal bowl level drivel or whatever. I don't think I've ever interacted with a video game's extended universe books or animes or whatever. They always seem like cheap cash-ins. Is there a gold standard for this kind of thing, or is it always just a guilty pleasure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Crabtree posted:

First Maker/True God(s) were killed in the Black City by Fen'Harel resulting in the Blight. Whatever is either ruling or corrupting there is going up against and/or manipulating whoever is causing riffs to happen so that the Dread Wolf can openly rule and feast on the world. Final Boss is up against a giant Elder God Wolf.

Where the hell are you getting this from? Tie in material?

• Locked thread