Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

My man, I need entertainment for the next few months and this is hysterical. I never thought I’d watch fights, anywhere, in my current condition and think, “it wouldn’t be fair to be in the ring with this thing.”

Sponsered CAN of Monster you say? Delectable! : goes back to checking Fedor bobble head listings :

Seriously, I haven’t thrown a punch in 10 years and I feel I could do 2-2 easy in AFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

coconono posted:

Seriously, I haven’t thrown a punch in 10 years and I feel I could do 2-2 easy in AFC.

Isn't that the promotion where Cody McKenzie went 10-0 with 10 first-round finishes?

(checks wikipedia)

Guess not, but spiritually it is.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/cody-mckenzie-big-time

Check the records of the people who McKenzie beat during The Streak. It's a weird gang of incompetent masochists.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

coconono posted:

If I heal, we should organize a goon fight in this league. We could have a gentleman's agreement to only slap while screaming a lot.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
boxcar fred is no joke

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
okay cody, he's tired! hes tired! now's your chance. nudge him! nudge him!

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Cody Mackenzie lost an amateur fight to Phoenix Jones

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just went and reviewed that season of TUF and it is a contender for most entertaining TUF mess:

Featured fighters:
Cody McKenzie
Nam Pham
Jonathan Brookins as a winner, fighting up in weight
Micheal Johnson who lost to Jonathan Brookins
Koschek's friend who lost to Cody McKenzie
Bruce Leroy
That dude who smoked
That guy who got backfisted by Makdessi
Two random Armenian dudes

Memorable TUF moments:
GSP tricking Koschek into picking his idiot friend first overall before the guy somehow goes on to lose twice by guillotine
Nam Pham jerking off
Koschek motorboating his rear end
The "Male Nurse" controversy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Cody Mackenzie lost an amateur fight to Phoenix Jones

phoenix jones remains undefeated against drunken homeless mentally ill guys

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its insane to me that cody mckenzie fought chad mendes.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CommonShore posted:

Koschek's friend who lost to Cody McKenzie

Cody McKenzie immediately putting Koscheck's first pick to sleep and Koscheck just standing there quietly putting on lip gloss is one of the best TUF moments

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
that season of TUF also featured Jean-Charles Skarbowsky rolling into practice half drunk, half hungover, and killing dudes

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Koscheks impression of GSP absolutely cracks me up though.
"PLEASE. STOP. PARKING. FUNNY."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I still think, “Let me Bang, bro!” Is the all time funniest moment.

Probably followed by Matt Brown having to live around other humans for six weeks.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

phoenix jones remains undefeated against drunken homeless mentally ill guys

lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

GSP met Mike Tyson face to face and asked him if he remembered PunchOut for Nintendo

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Ian McCall is now in the RIZIN Bantamweight tourney as a wild card

this is the beginning of Ian McCall's redemption arc

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no more pesky drug tests, Ian should do fine.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

no more pesky drug tests, Ian should do fine.

God bless :japan:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

that season of TUF also featured Jean-Charles Skarbowsky rolling into practice half drunk, half hungover, and killing dudes

highlight of the season imo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://streamable.com/3k3nv

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ironic Twist posted:

Ian McCall is now in the RIZIN Bantamweight tourney as a wild card

this is the beginning of Ian McCall's redemption arc

He used to have a pretty bad heroin and coke habit, right?

Let's hope it goes the redemption route and not the Evan Tanner one.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SquirrelGrip posted:

personally i think it's the high water mark of tuf in general. gsp meekly but emphatically imploring a bunch of sexually frustrated young men to under no circumstances disrespect this drunk frenchman or he will loving kill you harder than he will anyway is only topped when the frenchman appears, drunk, kicks everyone's rear end, and leaves.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The particle board door destructions were always hysterical. I don't think I could pick a favourite.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Captain Log posted:

The particle board door destructions were always hysterical. I don't think I could pick a favourite.

I don't think anyone topped Rampage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFELzJbp_ts

The little hop he does when tearing the top of it down is the best.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

chaleski posted:

Cody McKenzie immediately putting Koscheck's first pick to sleep and Koscheck just standing there quietly putting on lip gloss is one of the best TUF moments

It’s even better than this. Marc Stevens spends the whole episode with Koscheck gleefully poo poo talking about how Cody is one dimensional, only has that guillotine variant, easiest fight of his life, etc. Then in the fight he dives neck-first into Cody’s armpit and gets subbed in 17 seconds. Cue the endless lip gloss.

Then Marc gets brought back as an wildcard in the semi finals and gets guillotined in round 2 of his fight :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M80HqjHvV0

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Not even in guard, holy gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cody Mackinzie isn't a great fighter but he is godly with that guillotine.

When asked after about that fight, he said he knew that he had nothing for the other guy in every way, but he knew that he was a wrestler deep down and if Cody came out swinging for his head he'd instinctively shoot and get choked.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SquirrelGrip posted:

Easily one of my favorite parts of TUF ever. He was awesome.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The GSP v Koscheck season actually endeared me to Kos. He was literally a goofy h.s jock and the incredulous look on his face each time he got punted was awesome. Ended the season liking both guys more.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

tesilential posted:

The GSP v Koscheck season actually endeared me to Kos. He was literally a goofy h.s jock and the incredulous look on his face each time he got punted was awesome. Ended the season liking both guys more.

"I want to motorboat his rear end."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think we need a gif or a vine or whatever of Koscheck with the lip gloss.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I can cut this down later, but for now:

"wow"

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/761755323296342016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Don't change a thing. That's beautiful.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

even better is cody's pre-fight assessment

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/761750280476041216

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Owns

red19fire
May 26, 2010

One of the all time best motivational quotes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

McKenzie is a weird mix of awesome and depressing. I nominate him as spirit animal of the b-leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

remember when he fought in swim shorts with the tag still on or something