Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

coconono posted:

how is he going to get to Japan if he's convinced the earth is flat?

I think hes gotten sucked up into a fair amount of conspiracy theories but I am not sure the earth being flat is one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

willie_dee posted:

I think hes gotten sucked up into a fair amount of conspiracy theories but I am not sure the earth being flat is one of them

comet ping pong pizza is secretly financing the yakuza so unless he wants to support pedophilia, i think he should stay out of japan and preferably just not fight anymore

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nikita "The Al Capone" / "The Miner" Krylov just murdered former Bellator champion Emmanuel "Hail Mary Backfist" Newton in 60 seconds with punches and knees.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/12/16464150/megabots-giant-robot-duel-live-stream-watch-twitch
"Commentary was provided by Mike Goldberg of the MMA and robotics expert Saura Naderi."
Goldie, you beautiful bastard.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/12/16464150/megabots-giant-robot-duel-live-stream-watch-twitch
"Commentary was provided by Mike Goldberg of the MMA and robotics expert Saura Naderi."

Kenny Florian is on loving Battle Bots. It's pretty funny.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

coconono posted:

how is he going to get to Japan if he's convinced the earth is flat?

In a straight line instead of an arc, I guess.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

Any heavy weights need a fight at the moment? JT is in fantastic shape, doubly fantastic considering he has nothing lines up to be training for. He is looking for something and wants to get paid so he can keep running his gym. Any one hears of anything let me know. Are there any Japanese promotions doing a NYE fight?

Not to be rude, but what would he consider a payday? On the West Coast in America there are more fighters and promotions than fights.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kimbo305 posted:

I'm so excited for this. Giant robots and round butts keep me from murdering this planet.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Captain Log posted:

Not to be rude, but what would he consider a payday? On the West Coast in America there are more fighters and promotions than fights.

No idea, not asked and I really don't want to go down the JT rabbit hole again, rehab was difficult and I don't want to relapse.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

kimbo305 posted:

So he's in a real life version of that one Deadmau5 video?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

Nikita "The Al Capone" / "The Miner" Krylov just murdered former Bellator champion Emmanuel "Hail Mary Backfist" Newton in 60 seconds with punches and knees.

Krylov is so cool

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

No idea, not asked and I really don't want to go down the JT rabbit hole again, rehab was difficult and I don't want to relapse.

I’m not able to be a current member due to health at the moment, but I’m close to a major gym. If JT is serious, I’d go visit and let them know. I’ve spoken with their coaches before. They are the folks that told me about how saturated the west coast is with pro fighters. His words, “More amateurs trying to go pro than fights.

PM me if you like.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
What the hell kind of commission is gonna sanction some 0-0 newbie pro against THE Megapunk?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

willie_dee posted:

I really don't want to go down the JT rabbit hole again, rehab was difficult and I don't want to relapse.

willie_dee posted:

Any one hears of anything let me know.

Are these at odds?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ad by Khad posted:

What the hell kind of commission is gonna sanction some 0-0 newbie pro against THE Megapunk?

Washington to Los Angeles has more 5-0 guys than you can shake a stick at.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah there's a super high demand for 0-0 dudes to take amateur MMA fights in Melbourne because of dudes that want to go 4-0 or 5-0 then turn pro. I've been asked three times in the past year to take an amateur fight but I have zero loving interest in doing it because they're all 24-year-old roid monsters who have been doing Muay Thai since they were ten and I'm a 40-year-old office monkey who happens to train BJJ and do some boxing fitness classes.

I'll stick to drinking to clear out my excess brain cells, thanks.

Memento fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 14, 2017

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
But maybe one time you say "ok I'm down" and then you fight and own the dude and get all the girls. Think about it man.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

HEY NONG MAN posted:

But maybe one time you say "ok I'm down" and then you fight and own the dude and get all the girls. Think about it man.

This but for real.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Oh I'm super for real. If I could punch and kick beyond a Parappa The Rappa level I'd be in that dojo right loving now getting ready to drown in pussy.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Are these at odds?

Very much so :(

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Washington to Los Angeles has more 5-0 guys than you can shake a stick at.

I'm assuming he's looking for at least 5 figures, he was going to get £50k + for the Kimbo fight and now he's got nothing lined up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

Yeah there's a super high demand for 0-0 dudes to take amateur MMA fights in Melbourne because of dudes that want to go 4-0 or 5-0 then turn pro. I've been asked three times in the past year to take an amateur fight but I have zero loving interest in doing it because they're all 24-year-old roid monsters who have been doing Muay Thai since they were ten and I'm a 40-year-old office monkey who happens to train BJJ and do some boxing fitness classes.

I'll stick to drinking to clear out my excess brain cells, thanks.

This is why I haven't taken a fight. If I could get a fight against another late 30s recreational person who is roughly my size or even my size + fat, I'd take it, but I'm not going to take a fight against someone who does two-a-days and hopes to be a UFC superstar.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

At my first smoker I got head kicked out with ten seconds left by a sixteen year old.

It was just dandy.

I hear you all about this, “Is there a league for dirty casuals?”

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

e: wrong thread

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

At my first smoker I got head kicked out with ten seconds left by a sixteen year old.

It was just dandy.

beer league mma would be a helluva thing to behold

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Doesn't JT have a loving manager? WHy does he have a super fan asking around for him on a dead gay forum.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Nierbo posted:

Doesn't JT have a loving manager? WHy does he have a super fan asking around for him on a dead gay forum.

It's complicated. I'm not sure who his manager is currently, I'm sure he has one.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
gray

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

It was just dandy.

its called Alaska Fighting Championships. get on that business.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

coconono posted:

its called Alaska Fighting Championships. get on that business.

Depends on my recovery. I moved out west in part to “turn pro” before retiring from competition. Then my health took a huge backslide. My doctor thinks I’m probably done, but it’s very far from my first brush with death. If I have to hang up the gloves, I’m going to build a Kevlar gaurd into my fencing jacket and get back to that.

Are there any good or hysterical fights to look up from that league?

(I have a hosed partially necrotic pancreas from a routine surgery turned that me septic - I didn’t go “crazy” in the grappling thread, but I did have a med problem that became evident while posting. It was humiliating.)

Unrelated question I’ve sorta asked before

- is there a good translation of a Russian source talking about Fedor’s brother? Different places have different stories about him making him sound somewhere between unlucky and a homicidal rapist.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Homicidial mobbed up rapist specifically

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Captain Log posted:

Are there any good or hysterical fights to look up from that league?

Pretty much on every card. The events are held inside a hockey rink, the winning fighters get a sponsored can of Monster enegry drink & printed certificate valid for another can at the local Wal-Mart, and I've seen at least two fights end with the fighter just quitting on their feet in the middle of the round due to exhaustion, loss of interest or maybe the position of the constellations in relation to Mars and Venus.

What I'm saying is AFC is extremely fun to watch if you are into D-league MMA

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Sorry for doubleposting but I just resubbed for Fight Pass and theres now a feature to search for fights in the fight library by weight class and Super Heavyweight is an option

i am blessed

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/919202243282432001

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rizin started at 1AM and I just turned it on the quick check the replay (as I was too tired), and there wasn't any, because it literally just ended at 8:35 EST.

Goodddddddammmmmnnnn watching on replay with the remote is going to be a plus.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Tenshin's ground game is legit

https://twitter.com/Jonnyboy_6969/status/919534516263321600

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bushmeister posted:

Pretty much on every card. The events are held inside a hockey rink, the winning fighters get a sponsored can of Monster enegry drink & printed certificate valid for another can at the local Wal-Mart, and I've seen at least two fights end with the fighter just quitting on their feet in the middle of the round due to exhaustion, loss of interest or maybe the position of the constellations in relation to Mars and Venus.

What I'm saying is AFC is extremely fun to watch if you are into D-league MMA

My man, I need entertainment for the next few months and this is hysterical. I never thought I’d watch fights, anywhere, in my current condition and think, “it wouldn’t be fair to be in the ring with this thing.”

Sponsered CAN of Monster you say? Delectable! : goes back to checking Fedor bobble head listings :

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

loving Chael "BJJ isn't for straight men" just got his brown belt.

I don't know what's real anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chael saying inflammatory things for money is real.