Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Hipshow is on right now and it's amazing. Axs tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

These are the announcers for hipshow.

Yes that's his real beard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm hoping at some point we'll see an MMA triple threat match. Now that would be strategically interesting.

It'd be 2 guys beating the poo poo out of one guy within 20 seconds then fighting each other.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 7, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

willie_dee posted:

Have you not been watching

No one has. He's been fighting in India and in unfilmed events that post results on facebook.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ChampRamp posted:

Deadspin (I know) has alerted me to the greatest MMA thing ever seen. Hip Show: Arena Combat.

http://deadspin.com/we-have-no-idea-what-hip-show-is-but-its-the-best-thin-1566578818

Seltzer posted:

These are the announcers for hipshow.

Yes that's his real beard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I was about to say I bet in a few years we'll be seeing dudes in the UFC with other fighters names as nicknames but then I remembered there's a "Lyoto" on the latest TUF: Brazil and dude confirmed it's not his name he just loves Machida.

Marcio 'Lyoto' Alexandre

This is already happening in soccer with predictably hilarious results (except with real names). http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2012/sep/10/brazilian-youngsters-name-game-copinha

quote:

Americano-MA boasted a Roberto Baggio in their squad. The tournament also stood out for its 15 Romários (or Romarinhos), one of whom is the son of old Baixinho himself.

Finally, we come to the best category of all: misspelt names. This year's Copa São Paulo included touching tributes to Dutch legends Frank Rijkaard and Ruud Gullit. The resulting names – Raikard and Rudigullithi
Looking forward to Mhark Colimané

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 2, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It was still better than your 3 consecutive posts.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

david carmichael posted:

four consecutive posts.

Three of them were about one topic, one wasn't. Treating threads like a chat is really stupid and annoying by the way.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

coconono posted:

To the surprise of no one, SFL is having trouble paying fighters:
https://in.news.yahoo.com/sfl-devil-disguise-exposing-truth-075450022.html

I think the real surprise is that its still going on.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

did Dana do his whole "gently caress that guy" thing and stick to it with Bonnar? why is Stephen doing this :(

CommonShore posted:

He's probably broke.

Stephan Bonnar is persona non grata at the UFC despite being in the Hall of Fame for starring in the TUF season that made the company and taking the Anderson fight where he got popped on short notice. Dana chewed him out. He was the original Chael (except that I suspect we'll see Chael back at the UFC/FOX in some capacity sooner since everybody loves Chael). Afterwards, Bonnar said he got a little depressed and crazy and spent his days investing money in stocks poorly and riding his dirtbike around the desert aimlessly and occasionally crashing into things. Apparently, he's settled down and learned how to invest and isn't bummed out anymore so that's a small silver lining to the Stephan Bonnar story. But yea, he's probably doing the Bellator job for steady money.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Wise Learned Man posted:

starts 6PM ET Friday.

Is it really at 6? Where are they holding this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

1st AD posted:

Second place Sonnen can't even be the lead pbp guy.

It's not mindboggling that a career play by play guy would do play by play while somebody who knows the intricacies of the sport would do color. In fact having those two on hand and using them the other way around would be outright stupid. This will be amazing regardless of how bad the card is btw (which it won't be because Cody Mckenzie is gonna be there).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

If the UK can make Crazy Frog into a #1 hit, we should be able to make Bas into a top 10 single.

Drop the Bas.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

LordPants posted:

Is Battleground big enough to warrant its own thread? I am so psyched that it could be hilarious/trainwreck

This is like a top 5 event of the year. Worth a thread.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gregor Samsa posted:

Every American knows that if you win the world series, you are a world champion

The fact that people actually whine about this and try to use it as a valid example of American arrogance always makes me laugh. The Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters would thrash the Yankees as we all know.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gregor Samsa posted:

Hi defensive baseball fans

I hate baseball with a burning passion.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

CommonShore posted:

I want that to be on Christmas Day.

It certainly won't be on boxing day.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The face of a mastermind

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

mewse posted:

Has Cody McKenzie emerged from his presumed whisky-soaked coma?

fake edit: of course I google him and he has a submission loss from October :smith:

Are you telling me you didn't see that? It was the card announced by Chael and JR.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

pudz is fighting old man nastula today, also mamed khalidov vs brett cooper. ksw alarm sounded.

When?
e-1:30 EST, there's a big undercard so actual poo poo wont happen til around 3 probably.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 6, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Holy poo poo KSW has the best promo packages hands down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZ5tg98Ak8&t=24s

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I want trip reports

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Willie do you have an ASBO?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Fatherdog, hasn't he visited your gym? If it's kosher to talk about these things, is there any truth to how he does this in practice to anyone who's not his brother?

Murilo Bustamante, his mentor and long time defender, went on record saying that he was a danger when things got too out of hand. FD can speak on it or not, but when a guy like Murilo comes out and blasts you its pretty obvious there is a big problem
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/13/4833362/maurilo-bustamante-says-rousimar-palhares-injured-training-partners

I'm not trying to be funny, Rousimar is borderline mentally-handicapped and shouldn't be fighting for everyone's sake. He's gonna ruin more people, promoters are gonna end up in lovely situations, and he's not a world beater so he's going to take more damage. You don't want a guy who is already dumber than punch drunk to get punch drunk.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

e-

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I still kind of want to see cro cop....

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That's a surprisingly good promo video.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

SFL stream quality for posterity.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 22, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Is there mma on right now

Did you ever want to watch an Indian MMA promotion putting on a show in America through ski-goggles? That's on right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzZ63YpOms

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I googled the info on the Japanese headbutt moat promotion, and it was actually pretty hard to find details. Apparently it'll be starting 5 pm Saturday Japanese time which is 3 am Saturday EST (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) and it will be airing on "CS Fuji" whatever that is. If someone could figure out how to watch this, that would be great.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 26, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Shamrock shake.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Clicked on the first page by accident and laughing at the opening sentence now.

Bean Fried posted:

So, the old B-League thread has gone on for over 9 months, and during that time Bellator has slowly ascended to the level of a B+ League,

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The whole Japanese platform fighting card willl be streamed here at 8pm est (15 mins). http://taima.tv/r/pspmma2

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

e-

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Street Horrrsing posted:

So now that the dust has settled, was 60 million for pride's library and contracts a fair price?

I seem to remember zuffa suing pride's original owners for fraudulently misrepresenting the company's financial stability, but don't know what resulted of it.

Dana said that because of how business is run in Japan (comically) the contracts were void after Zuffa made the purchase. So they spent 60 million on a tape library and brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How does that work? Didn't Hunt have to sue them to get the last couple fights on his contract? If the contract was void, how did that work?

He didn't sue them, Dana was willing to pay out Hunt's contract in order for him not to fight. From what I can find scouring the internet Hunt and maybe a few other fighter's contracts were legit and the majority weren't. There's also the story of the Pride office on Zuffa payroll working to launch DREAM behind Zuffa's back. Apparently a lot of the contracts were not legally enforceable. I'm sure there's a bunch more information about it out there, but I'm not gonna hunt it down at the moment. I think Enson Inoue talked about some of the contract stuff on one of his Rogan appearances if you really want to hear more. But the terrible contracts and Pride fuckery under Zuffa control has been mentioned by a lot of people.