Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm hoping this is good. I love buddy cop/odd couple stuff and this looks like silly fun. This is also the second series in recent memory with a character from a story being set in the real world(see:elementary).
As long as the chemistry between the characters is good, sexual or platonic, then I'll be happy. Considering longevity, since they're going 4-horsemen/apocalypse for the headless rider, I assume they'll go there eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"You've been emancipated"
"Excuse me?"

I knew they were going to go there and I'm so happy they did in the way they did. Burst out laughing!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

NoodlesVonSexron posted:

Ichabod Crane is feisty.

Does anyone have any idea about the long-term premise of this show? Is it going to be motherfuckers getting their heads lopped off every week and these two trying to figure out how to kill the Horseman? Cuz I'm not really down for that.

EDIT: poo poo, I paused the tv earlier and am like 20 minutes behind everyone else.

Why was Ichabod awoken?(Probably due to horseman)
Apocalypse
Other Sleepy Hollow Mysteries
Wizards/Priests/Wizard Priests*

*Witches and Witch Nuns also included in this

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the big difference is that CW numbers wouldn't be good enough for Fox.

Fringe lasted for like five seasons? On Friday no less. Let's wait a bit and see if they make the time switch.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Palooka posted:

Honestly the model for how the show may succeed is probably closer to Grimm. Not as much of a successful breakout like Once Upon A Time, but still a major network show that will probably find a slot somewhere and earn enough viewers in that slot to stick around for a while, if it manages past the first bump. But I doubt it will be a super long run like Supernatural, which has lots of strange factors at work for why it's been able to go on for so long.

They're saving their Male/Male leads fit for fanfiction for Almost Human.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I liked the last episode. I'd say my biggest complaint story wise is the endings to episodes. Like the witch, the sandman was killed a bit too easily. I'm liking that the show's MotW is killed fairly quickly, but it feels...lacking a bit.
Banter as always was great, and I can't wait for more.

No one mentioned it, but I loved last ep where Abbie speaks in the "Typical American-British" accent and Crane calls her on it.

"Jolly good then, we'll wickersham her baskets"
"*serious stuff*...And that is not an accurate accent."

Final thing which I hope/fear for. I had better see horrible/shoddily-made "romance" music videos of the relationship of Ichabod/Abbie. I'm serious! If not, I'll probably do nothing but go 'hmph'.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Compendium posted:

I'm not sure how Grimm managed to stay on air since I don't watch that show, but since I'm very attentive to Sleepy Hollow, I can say there's a HUGE fanbase that developed rather rapidly and there's a lot of encouragement to watch the show on legal streaming services like Hulu or on the Fox website. I also think that the people working on the show are paying attention to responses on the internet very closely?

It helps that Orlando Jones made himself a Tumblr and is happily encouraging fandom activities like fanfics and fanart.

http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/orlando-jones-sleepy-hollow-fanfic/

Wow, he is seriously the most savvy actor I've seen in a long while. Just hope they don't go the Heroes route and listen to the fans.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ooh, so Jenny joins the fun party. Ichanny or Jennabod coming at ya.(Sorry)

Really good episode. Loved the physical chemistry in the first half and the whole PapaIchabod to Abbie and Jenny was great. Plus the whole totally not Hannibal guy was great. Good to know we've got some great human monsters too.

Also, first time I've seen Ichabod so surprised. He was pretty much :stare: throughout the whole episode.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

Of course Ichabod is fluent in Middle English, not being from the Middle Ages and all.

Which is the perfect setup for the eye roll from the leftenant.

"I studied Middle English at Oxford :smuggo:"
":rolleyes:"

Effects continue to be great and chemistry just strengthens. Now Morales wants Abbie back it seems and is jealous of tall, dark and British.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Wait, so we have 3 weeks 'til the next new episode?

Baseball, what a cruel mistress.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Zero One posted:

YESSS..... :unsmigghh:

All right, I'll bite. What the hell is "Can u not" and why is there a "Leave me alone" tag there?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

Just wait until it reaches Supernatural levels of fandom. There will be a whole new breed of assmilk and egg fic.

That probably will only happen with Almost Human if it's any good. A dog/robodog fanfic will be the a good barometer of 'success' for the show.
Keith Urban x Micheal Ealy OTP*

For Sleepy Hollow...well, it'll probably be a war between Ichabbies and Icharinas. Friendship vs. Marriage. Two ships enter, one ship leaves, no dignity for anyone involved remains.

*If tumblr and fandom has taught me anything, 'attraction' between characters surpasses the medium it's based in and becomes about the actors themselves.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Alright hiatus(should be) over this Monday, which means the (non)surprise appearance of John Noble!
Also, Orlando Jones' tumblr is really something to see. It's a way of reaching out to fans and probably tempers the fandom reactions. Plus he seems like a really cool guy, though he seemed like that in MadTV and Evolution too so, not something new to me.

Also, in the spirit of the world series:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Annakie posted:

Yeah Katrina, maybe make sure your witnesses aren't barrelling down the road at 55mph before you put them to sleep.

Annnd yet another vague speech from Katrina. At least she got one useful sentence out this time.

Women drivers, amirite?

e:Also, loved The whole "You are home" moment in the beginning. Aww

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
John Cho back next episode!? Yes!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
For Atlantan "Sleepy Heads"(haha), there was just an interview with the cast and crew on the local news. The anchorwoman ended the segment by asking about 'Ichababbie' and I just cracked up. For those wondering, cast and crew said it probably wouldn't happen, implying that it would happen late in series after caving into fans.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Smartphones and Warehouse stores. The wonders of the modern world!

(I loved Ichabod's :smuggo: tone when talking about how our generation has ruined the world.)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Grand Theft Skull?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Was anyone else thinking the medical examiner's(I think) head was going to fall off after Irving touched it? Like the whole horror movie "Hey are you ok-:gibs:"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is a great episode.

Funniest(and funnest) episode ever.

"This is wildly inappropriate...but I'll just take one more quick look to be sure"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
This episode man. This episode.
Ichabod and the internet(and other modern conveniences).
Abbie's growing harem.
John Cho, Intern of the Damned.
Irving learning the truth.
Thomas Jefferson, the rat bastard.
Captured Horseman.

THIS was THE episode.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm perfectly willing to believe that Abbie is one of those people who take tap water horror stories too seriously. I know plenty of otherwise reasonable people who think similarly.

That's what I got from the little exchange this episode. Everyone has their flaws, Abbie's just happens to be that she literally believes tap water is evil and will kill you. It humanizes her v:shobon:v

Plus, this gives them a chance to have Ichabod either also take this belief or give Abbie tap water and watch her freak out. Either way, we win.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Now begins the second half of "Almost Hollow" Mondays.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Dammit! That's why you don't make German friends. They warned you about those Germans!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I think I missed it, was that store robbed by the Hessians?

Obviously. The Hessians are pure evil as always.

Well, them and the French according to Ichabod.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ichabod, once again, comes up with the best one-liners.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

Goddamn, Irving is a badass.

Jenny is even more badass.
4 people on her:
"Freeze"
"You're outnumbered"
She just whips out another gun.

404GoonNotFound posted:

A SMART badass, no less!

"Check your math there ADOLF":godwin:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Compendium posted:

All I can imagine now is how Abbie would probably get serenaded by Cho, Morales, and Crane and while she tries to sneak off, they all end up doing a goofy dance number. And the Horseman sings a weird version of Hellfire.

Yeah, I should never write TV Shows either.

It came from tumblr~

(Not a bad one by tumblrite asieybarbie)

Both Abbie and Ichabod seem to have game

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Xealot posted:

I have to suspend my disbelief more when it comes to Ichabod's socially progressive politics re: women and non-white people. And personal hygiene. Ichabod would probably be pretty gross. Notions like fluoride toothpaste, deodorant, and daily bathing are pretty 20th century inventions.

I think if it ever comes up, he will be behind on issues such as sexuality and gender identity. Not because it wasn't an issue, but it was a much more behind closed doors/you die if you reveal it thing in his time.

Of course, they probably wouldn't keep him ignorant. Just long enough for him to get back on the side of progress and see some evolution.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Zythrst posted:

The ratings better then fine actually, its a bonafide hit.

Swing and a miss.

Tonight is an MoTW episode. The gang gets in some haunted house shenanigans with special guest star Katrina(because really, she hasn't earned that main character billing just yet).

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

escape artist posted:

I don't know if this show can last for seven seasons, honestly. As much as I love it-- 91 episodes? I just don't want this show to be a shell of itself, like the latter seasons of the X-Files.

I'd like it if it went down the "sitcom" path. That is, 1 is a trial, 2-3 are great, 4-5 are middling at best, 6 is somewhat of a return to form, and 7 has failures, but ends on a high note, making the ride worthwhile.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ugh, Ichabod's one of those 99%ers huh?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Yay~ Free slaves.
I mean FREED slaves

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

404GoonNotFound posted:

Goddamn rapey trees, Sam Raimi warned us about this!

Hey, she had a choice. The old man warned her, but she still went.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Dude seems spoken for.

With a daughter in a wheelchair.
(And it's Toni from Girlfriends!! :swoon:)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"My god" :stare:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Abbie and Ichabod, connected through time.

Loved the "more rum" action between the two of them. Best part of the show is characters chatting with each other.

Edit:What's the reason for next week's skip? Isn't everything big going on this week?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Midnight City posted:

Man it's so nice that the top 4 actors in a show (ignoring Katia Winter since even though she's billed starring it's at best a cameo) have 3 of them black and it has nothing to do with being 'in the hood'.

I'd like to point out that the episode had 4 black people in the same room, and then had them chatting with one another, and three were women/female. This happened without the show being on BET, TVOne, or UPN circa 90s/early 2000s.

We are in the future folks.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Here's how you know Sleepy Hollow is popular: the show's finale just pushed out The Following so it could air as a special two hour event, with episodes 12 and 13 running back to back on Jan. 20.

Apparently the plan still is to air The Following's season 2 premiere after football on Sunday.

HAHAHA! Yes! This is great!
At the same time, should I be depressed that it seems like AH is also going to get moved because of this?
Either way, glad that Fox is confident in SH. It's a lot easier watching a show when you know it's coming back for another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Even Abbie's snarkiness can't lift Ichabod's spirits :smith:

• Locked thread