Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Got the team rank up to C- thanks to the help of Atlatl, T3hrog, and a SIGNS UNAC-05. On the last battle to C- we faced a full player team with a coordinator and a team rank of B-. What we thought would be a certain loss turned out alright as they were French and bad at Armored Core.

Agean90 posted:

TPSDude has acquired an anime emblem.

Our victory is assured!
The secret to success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TPSDude posted:

The secret to success.

I prefer Ace Combat emblems. They're just another kind of anime.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
04 will be on tonight when I get off work. If someone wants to handhold me into making a surrusbuisness ac please do. Running duel zinna shotguns tuned for power, duel heat machine guns for power and ROF, and plasma missiles on a lrj with 2 shoulder ports at the minute. Any advice on heads, cores, legs, or any other parts would be awesome.

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

Nanomashoes posted:

Hey guys, Verdict War poo poo is going down! Territory AP is way way lower (Venide has pretty much lost the Middle East, we're close to losing the Far East), EGF lost all of Mid-Continent to Venide, and there's a big ol' countown for ten hours from now. If you want to play online, tomorrow is the time.

A note on team membership:
Goon team is full, but there's a number of people whose usernames I haven't confirmed on SA. If you are one of the following people, make a post in the thread or else you might be removed to make way for newer members:
XxSSJSephirothxX
Renegade_Shadow
bryitis
Lordpen
Uninformed

Feel free to make a second PS3 team in the meantime.

E: Also, congrats to TPSDude for being ranked #7 and uplifting our team to #5. Wish I could have been on whenever you went on that streak.

I'm here yo!

Game sure is fun, just got myself a mic also!

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Im not playing this week because GTA so feel free to ask team permissions if you want to manage stuff (on 360)

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Oh dear, I made a sniper tetrapod and don't have any clue what I am doing.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

lokipunk posted:

I made a sniper tetrapod

Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Deviant posted:

Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing.

It doesn't seem to put out the damage I was hoping for. Was using a KE rifle and a kurasawa a bad plan?

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I'll sign up for goon bots tonight.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

lokipunk posted:

It doesn't seem to put out the damage I was hoping for. Was using a KE rifle and a kurasawa a bad plan?

Rifle + Kurasawa is good, but Kurasawa + Kurasawa + Energy Amp is horseshit. You can almost one shot anyone you hit with that.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Cthulhu-chan would like to get his war on in Goonal Cortex, if possible.

Joedark0
Feb 6, 2009
I badly wanna get in on this, but I'm not sure if I wanna pick up gold just to make some mechs 'splode.

Is the 360 roster still just 1 guy?

Slokir
Mar 18, 2012
Joined Goonal Cortex as Slokir

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I had a busy week but I'll be on all afternoon if y'all want to shoot some robots for our corporate overlords.

Cthulhuchan posted:

Cthulhu-chan would like to get his war on in Goonal Cortex, if possible.

I cleared a space for you, come on in.

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up
Id like to get in on the goon group, name is Daze

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Too bad they're all lovely UNAC kills that I stole.

Light RJs are amazing so I think I'm going to split my time between those and tank builds.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Nanomashoes posted:

I had a busy week but I'll be on all afternoon if y'all want to shoot some robots for our corporate overlords.

I cleared a space for you, come on in.

Looks like Daze got it before me.

edit: jesus, sirius is getting pounded, what's even going on?

editedit: ahaha, flash rockets are so sweet.

Cthulhuchan fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 6, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
hahaha oh god I just got picked up by some random F- new guy with a junk mech who happened to pick two other really good mercs. We then got matched up against an SSS team and completely murdered them.

Mercenary mode is the best.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

Looks like Daze got it before me.

edit: jesus, sirius is getting pounded, what's even going on?

editedit: ahaha, flash rockets are so sweet.

Try it again. Also Sirius' fate is the rest of the team's fault, Goonal Cortex is doing great in multiplayer.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
im mad at robots

We need more people on pretty badly.

e: Not now, just in general.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Atlatl posted:

im mad at robots

We need more people on pretty badly.

e: Not now, just in general.

Either I kill 3/4 of their team while blathering on about post-rock or I accidentally cross a warning boundary and instakill myself. The perils of going too fast.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

Nanomashoes posted:

Hey guys, Verdict War poo poo is going down! Territory AP is way way lower (Venide has pretty much lost the Middle East, we're close to losing the Far East), EGF lost all of Mid-Continent to Venide, and there's a big ol' countown for ten hours from now. If you want to play online, tomorrow is the time.

A note on team membership:
Goon team is full, but there's a number of people whose usernames I haven't confirmed on SA. If you are one of the following people, make a post in the thread or else you might be removed to make way for newer members:
XxSSJSephirothxX
Renegade_Shadow
bryitis
Uninformed

Feel free to make a second PS3 team in the meantime.

E: Also, congrats to TPSDude for being ranked #7 and uplifting our team to #5. Wish I could have been on whenever you went on that streak.

Hey I just joined via the last slot as Iceman2343. This is my first Armored Core game that I have played in a while and it is nice to see the controls utilizing dual analog sticks!

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

god drat it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

god drat it.

Next time I get on there's gonna be two slots. Gonna institute some Stalinist purges for losing the verdict war.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

Nanomashoes posted:

Next time I get on there's gonna be two slots. Gonna institute some Stalinist purges for losing the verdict war.

My bad I should have paid attention to the thread more, do you need me to leave?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Iceman2343 posted:

My bad I should have paid attention to the thread more, do you need me to leave?

Nah, you're cool. There's still a couple people who haven't posted in the thread and that I haven't seen playing.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

Nanomashoes posted:

Nah, you're cool. There's still a couple people who haven't posted in the thread and that I haven't seen playing.

Ah ok, just wanted to make sure.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm still in right? Got seniority and all. I just rarely have time during weekdays.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

I'm still in right? Got seniority and all. I just rarely have time during weekdays.

There's a second post with a list of team members for a reason.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
I'm disbanding the 360 team, playing with UNACS is not fun

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I have been busy with work stuff. I should be able to be on tonight for goonbots.

Edit: in the interest of meetup, I will be on today from probably around 4-5. I can be on later but I don't want to just sit in the lobby waiting.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 8, 2013

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Hoo, finally.

Now for EGF to clean up in europe so we can get on with a proper war.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
When is everyone on the PS3 planning on playing today? I should be home around 430 or so CST and i'll be up for a few runs, but will have to sign off around 7 or 730.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Good games last night. Sorry I am such a garbage sniper. I'll work on that build and keep at it until I get better. It became evident that I really need some backup builds. Currently have the lrj shotty, bad sniper, and fatty tank. What should I build for my 4th?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lokipunk posted:

Good games last night. Sorry I am such a garbage sniper. I'll work on that build and keep at it until I get better. It became evident that I really need some backup builds. Currently have the lrj shotty, bad sniper, and fatty tank. What should I build for my 4th?

Light reverse joints are for long range weapons. If you want to use shotguns, use light/medium bipedals. Also a heavy reverse joint sniper/battle rifle build was basically the standard in ACV for simplicity and effectiveness.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Light reverse joints are for long range weapons. If you want to use shotguns, use light/medium bipedals. Also a heavy reverse joint sniper/battle rifle build was basically the standard in ACV for simplicity and effectiveness.

Will try that out tonight, thanks for the help!

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Well crap, never mind that I've never had any issue joining multiplayer games to date, but I can't get into a team session because of "network issues".

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
So basically, everyone bought the PS3 version and there's no one on 360? :(

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

Well crap, never mind that I've never had any issue joining multiplayer games to date, but I can't get into a team session because of "network issues".

The netcode's a bit finicky. It's happened at least once to everyone. It'll be fine the next time you try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

FM posted:

So basically, everyone bought the PS3 version and there's no one on 360? :(

I think about 25 people bought it for the 360 on the entire planet.

• Locked thread