Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

klosterdev posted:

*replies to user in ticket*
*user emails a reply to my direct email*

What email? You didn't see any email hit your inbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

DelphiAegis posted:

What email? You didn't see any email hit your inbox.

nah, just paste their email into your next reply on the ticket with "you seem to have mistakenly emailed me instead of replying on the ticket". maybe attach the eml file too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We recently had cut and paste in office apps disabled because some genius pasted PII to a public web server.

An org of 1000 people and maybe a couple percent of them touch sensitive info resulted all the tech people being unable to share anything in a useful format. Hell yeah.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

That is delightfully chaotic.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Just unzip the files and edit the XML directly. Super easy, right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm glad the courts smacked that one down because it's a ridiculous position to take. "This entity that we present as an agent of the company gave you bad information but we shouldn't be liable". What next, car companies avoiding liability for safety failings because they outsourced the manufacture of a particular assembly?

You know our courts are absolutely going that direction.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

xzzy posted:

We recently had cut and paste in office apps disabled because some genius pasted PII to a public web server.

An org of 1000 people and maybe a couple percent of them touch sensitive info resulted all the tech people being unable to share anything in a useful format. Hell yeah.

lol whose idea was it to mend the problem in a way that doesn't actually mend the problem?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Removing copy and paste is a "down tools, get back to us when you're allowing us to actually do the work" level of stupid

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

xzzy posted:

I fail to see how anyone would approve this when it does not even remotely address the issue that caused the reaction? Perhaps I still harbor too much faith in humanity.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Up next, remove the ability to enter text into text fields. We're saving "click buttons" in reserve for when we need the big guns.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Up next, remove the ability to enter text into text fields. We're saving "click buttons" in reserve for when we need the big guns.

All operations will now be done by asking Copilot for Windows to do them for you, and all of them will be screened for suspicious activity.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

a.k.a. "code buddy"

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Internet Explorer posted:

a.k.a. "code buddy"

"it looks like you're trying to write a command line python script - would you like some help?" - CLI-py

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Python is such a clusterfuck these days I'm not sure AI generating the code would be a downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

xzzy posted:

Python is such a clusterfuck these days I'm not sure AI generating the code would be a downgrade.
Regretfully, I can tell you from experience that it is.