Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

anthonypants posted:

Here's a scrsenshot she sent along with her e-mail, showing how that option doesn't exist:

She needs to load that driver on the machine that she's running the MMC on. It gave her the option, but she bypassed it and probably checked the box so it wouldn't show up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

DigitalMocking posted:

Few things;

ACL performance is abysmal. Don't even try to do MAC filtering at a port or VLAN level.
They run some weird rip-off of cross between Foundry and iOS that makes entering commands a total pain in the rear end if you're used to either Cisco or Foundry.
SNMP trap generation used to cause huge CPU spikes (fixed in more recent firmware).
For the feature set and performance, they're stupidly overpriced. When they were just Foundry, they were super fast, relatively simple layer 2 switches. They were really really good at jumbo frames, making them great iSCSI switches. Now they're mostly poo poo for the price.

(I still have 5 of them in production in remote offices until December of this year, when they get retired.)

Add this to the list:
If you're using 802.1x for network access control, the switchport will ALWAYS send the mac to your RADIUS solution, even if the device responds to the .1x query from the switchport. If the mac doesn't match a RADIUS rule, THEN the Brocade will send the computername/username/correct .1x response and NO, there is no way to make it stop doing it.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

S-100

and yes, I had a CP/M system with that bus. Working. 8" floppies, dBase II, WordStar, SuperCalc.....

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Don't forget to expense yourself a gaffgun before all the money's gone :v:

WTF??!!??!! That machine exists? I used to work in AV for a local large meeting hotel. I spent WAAAAY too much time on my knees taping down wires.

I want about 10 of those things!

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

anthonypants posted:

Microsoft's got a very simple RADIUS server implementation if you've got some Windows servers around.

We use this. NPS server. It's good and cheap as free with the OS. Hard to automate, though.