Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

I got a recruiter email the other day matching me with a six-digit salary senior Java developer position. I have no interest in dev and only know Java from taking a couple comp sci classes in college. My current job (IT/facilities/operations support guy, entry-level, small business, low cost area) just gave me a raise to $11.50 an hour.

Come on dude, did you even read my resume? :v:

e: It's actually even worse, because the recruiter in question comes by my workplace every month (for reasons unrelated to me) and has literally seen me working here. Even the worst recruiter couldn't possibly be that daft.

Soylent Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

Pissing me off: the network guy (higher-up but not my boss, not at the same site as me, organizationally unrelated to me) is forwarding me his voicemails asking me to call someone back for him. The original calls were about a printer/copier that he ordered... which I'm not involved with in any way. It is entirely unclear why he wants me to be the one in contact with them.

Make your own drat phone calls. :argh:

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

A brand new InFocus projector decided to poo poo the bed by overheating ten minutes after it was turned on for the first time. Now it won't power on at all. We needed it for an event tomorrow. Now I have to ceiling-mount one of the many decade-old projectors we have in storage, none of which have lamps you can actually see with the lights on.

To be fair, though, it might be my fault for not giving the bottom vents on this one enough space. :saddowns:

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

Not pissing me off but actually making me very happy: after hours of digging through documentation and tinkering with WAIK, I got WIM imaging working correctly (problem was I wasn't running bcdboot after applying the image) and got my unattend.xml file to do exactly what I want. Baby steps to many of you, I'm sure, but this is a huge step towards actually doing imaging right. When I started here I had to walk around with an external hard drive and a Vista-era boot disk with a sector-based utility on it, and my predecessor was in the habit of not using sysprep because :confused:. Maybe now I can convince my boss to let me set up WDS and it won't take me five hours to image a whole room anymore.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

There are five people at the little tiny remote site I support. Not a single one is willing to run an Ethernet cable I sent them between the printer and a labeled switch 5 feet away, even with me walking them through it. :psyduck:

e: the site is four hours away, so it's not like I can just drive over there and do it myself.