Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

:argh:"We NEED these extra phones!"

:argh:"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE NEED TO BUY LICENSES?!!!!?!?!?! gently caress THAT."

v:shobon:v ???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

https://deploymentresearch.com/building-the-perfect-windows-server-2019-reference-image/

This site was pretty awesome last time I had to touch MDT.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Yikes

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Bob Morales posted:

You guys need to chill out with the woke racism bullshit. Mentioning a race is not 'racist'.

Is everyone who's ever made a "Do the needful" joke a nazi racist white supremacist too?

I didn't say anything negative about Indians. I said if you don't spell your name to an American, they are not going to be able to figure out how to spell it. I used it as an example because that's the one that just happened.

It would apply to anyone who has a name that isn't common or well known to Americans. I spell my name for 'them'. I usually spell it for most anyone.

poo poo, if you're Polish you should probably spell your name out as well. Blachowicz isn't pronounced how it's spelled.

Yikes

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

You have a real problem with Indians lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Whipstickagostop posted:

Got a call from the head mechanic today.

Wanted me to give network access to a DAF truck diagnostics laptop so someone could remote in and fix the software.

Oh okay, so you got this laptop from DAF, and a DAF technician is going to log in an fix an issue?

No, not quite. See, it turns out that DAF do not want 3rd party mechanics having access to their software, so you can only buy a cut-down version for about £20,000.

The person who was going to be logging in was in fact a Russian programmer who sold the head mechanic the full, pirated version of this DAF diagnostics software for £500.

He even kindly supplied the laptop it was running on!

I saw this multiple times when working at a rural MSP with a lot of haulage companies.