Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Apparently 40 TB of archive, irreplaceable data needs to be given Read/write access to the entire company. "The data integrity must be maintained" however. Backups? No... Too expensive.

gently caress users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
poo poo not pissing me off:

Bossman: YOU NEED TO TAKE VACATION NOW.

ME: Huh?

Bossman: We gave you more vacation so take it.

ME: uhm ok.

Bossman: so whats the vacation plan?

ME: I'm gonna take a week in December, and mondays and fridays off until the end of the year.

Bossman: uhm.. this may affect production. Those are WORKdays.

ME: :psyduck:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GargleBlaster posted:

Call me cynical but it's amazing how many company iPhones seem to get "accidentally dropped" shortly after a new release and how many of those drops seem to smash up the LCD as well as the touchscreen or are stilletto-shaped etc.

No poo poo that man. I swear to god the last one came out and I had 3 out of 5 accidentally damaged that week... uh huh..

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Spazz posted:

Actual survey response from my day job.

:yotj:

Yeah you need to create a special queue just for that guy

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thanks Ants posted:

I keep bringing these up, but when I lost my Keyspan USB -> Serial adapter I replaced it with a Brainboxes one:

http://www.brainboxes.com/product/us-101/1-port-rs232-usb-to-serial-adapter

I've never had a single issue on any serial kit. Even when the serial device was at the other end of 50m of Cat5e cable with the DB9 converters on the ends.

thats a good thing to know.. a lot of my companies older devices are serial/ECP

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

dogstile posted:

poo poo that's pissing me off? Anyone remember when I was pissed that my co-worker got given the team leader role? Any time someone disagrees with her she claims sexism. I've not been hit with the claim yet because i'm keeping my head down but its painful to hear about.

turnabout being fair play, I'd run that poo poo into the ground.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

luminalflux posted:

Saying "bad things will happen" would be interpreted by me as a threat, not a notice.

I completely guarantee that if i said that at my office someone would report it to someone for sure.

it does sound like a threat

:ssh:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Exit Strategy posted:

I'm in what my cardiologist calls "free time". I was supposed to have died last year two days from now. Careful diet management, exercise, and some pretty heavy upgrade surgery later and I'm not dead. I'll eventually need a new core resource distribution pump, but that will be arranged on the day I need it.

I get a handicapped parking placard. Also, I get the ability to blame being grumpy on chest pain or lack of energy.

drat.

and you do IT willingly?

like a loved one isnt held hostage and you have a very specific set of skills?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Is so weird to be actually caught up on this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

vibur posted:

I have never been able to care one jot about what people are doing at work unless I was directly affected by it.