Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
Is it normal for the network department to never save the config on routers and switches. Then wonder why the whole network falls apart if the routers and switches reboot or lose power???

Then keep doing this again and again as if they don't learn anything from the last time it happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.aspx?JobId=144461403&jvs=cf,can-6342,can,0&WT.mc_n=olm_sk_feed_ziprecruiter

This been posted yet?
Seems to match the descriptions of working in healthcare that have been posted many times in the two threads...

First line:

"There is just no point in sugarcoating it; this is an awful job, nobody really wants this job."

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
Can anyone recommend me a good wiki application for documenting all of the systems at work?
Maybe one that comes pre installed on a ready made vm.
Hell, I think I could even get approval if there is a good one that needs licensing.

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
For some reason this video reminded me what it was like to work on a big roll out of new desktops for users...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNSQ__AHt4g

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

i am a moron posted:

That is dope I wish my power would go out and every datacenter in the planet just melted from magnetic discharges from the Sun or something

No more debt, no more mortgages.