Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I've never felt more emotionally complex!

ManlyGrunting posted:

My favourite understated joke is how the "serious" firepower is even more outlandish and absurd then what they usually use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ManlyGrunting posted:

I thought it was pretty funny, myself. Half of it was because I have a friend who I know would freak the ever-loving poo poo out at this episode. Kind of gave me a Psychonaut vibe.

Also if you want a nice dose of manchildren getting salty about getting called on their poo poo and having it sail right over their heads,(and I know it never quite gets old :allears:) This shmuck should fit the bill, the comments are solid gold too. He's done other episodes and one where he does the depressing time travel episode of the original that's 100% just an excuse to kvetch, but I'll be damned if I'm trawling through his archive, I can feel the :tvtropes: from 50 yards.

e: "The original show held up perfectly, but as a fully functional adult I can appreciate them fully" loving :laffo:

I recommend that everyone watch this guy's videos about TTG. Cartoons are funny, but what this guy is doing is masterful: a series of one-man dramas about an alien trying to understand "comedy" and "cartoons".

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 16, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Autism levels: critical

quote:

Up until early in the second season, I thought that the show was okay, if riddled with bad episodes, but "I See You" was the one that effectively proved to me that the bad episodes were the norm - the whole episode is basically Robin taking Starfire on a stakeout, only for her to don the identity of some guy named Jeff, including a mask. Add in a sideplot of Beast Boy and Cyborg spying on Raven only to completely miss her true secret (Raven trying to keep her demon side in check, while the two believe she has a crush on Beast Boy) and this proves that Teen Titans Go! has entered a very deep hole.

quote:

What was "Beast Man"? That episode sucked. First, let me explain. In the episode, because Death Toilet 3 (Death Wish 3 with a toilet) is rated MA 15+, they play Random Animal Roulette (where Beast Boy turns into random animals, and Cyborg keeps wanting little donkeys), and Robin says man. So Beast Boy turns into a man, because men are animals? Ok, not realistic, but fair... so far. And then Raven starts telling us how being an adult sucks, because you work at a boring job for "The Man" (and that IS what it is called!), and stuff. First of all, your job doesn't have to be boring - ask any video game developer. And second! Adults do have rights that kids/teens don't have, which the Titans exploit in the middle of the episode, AFTER they've seen Death Wi... I mean, Death Toilet 3. And then Beast "Boy" goes to do adult night stuff... and then it's the next day. And it turns out Beast "Boy" now works for The Man... who has Dexter's dad's face, and quotes Audrey once for no reason. They can't get Beast "Boy" to come willingly, so... they actually do the "Teen" part of their name... or at least, a generic version of said thing. They cause Dexter's Audrey to explode, and all the adults are free. And Starfire asks how the adults will provide for their families. Robin does not care about this. Robin, what even? I know you do not care about these people, but at least care about That. One. Thing! I'm done.

quote:

I personally really wanted to give Teen Titans Go! a chance as something I might have liked (even if it was never going to be as good as the Teen Titans animated series from the early 2000's) — I really did — but episodes like "Hot Garbage" and "Smile Bones" really ruined whatever chance they might have had in having any likability towards the show whatsoever. However, if I had to choose one of these episodes, I'd say that "Smile Bones" was the episode that really rubbed me the wrong way even the first time watching that episode. With "Smile Bones" (who comes up with some of this show's titles anyways?), it starts with Beast Boy and Cyborg eating food in an extremely fast manner before Robin warns them not to do that or they might let their stomachs take over. What happens next you might ask? Well Beast Boy and Cyborg both continue eating the way they started the episode out, only this time they let the other members starve nearly to their deaths while taunting them with their enlarged bellies sticking out (which is especially noteworthy when the guys eat an entire pizza before the other starving Titans had time to eat the pizza in front of their faces) just to prove that the way they were eating was no good. As a result, the rest of the Titans want to be taught by Beast Boy and Cyborg to eat like them, and we get to see them eat copious amounts of food while everyone started expanding their stomachs (with Starfire having 9 of them at once, which makes it look even more disturbing) and had to pretend their stomachs were talking for them instead of their actual faces. It especially hits a low point when the Titans were arguing with their stomachs that one of them should be the leader because of their stomach sizes being larger than everyone else... while we get to see all their fat stomachs protrude out to the screen as the only thing we could see there. Trust me when I say that if you weren't disturbed by what was seen before, you'll be outright flabbergasted by what happens next. After another feast of gluttonous proportions, the stomachs of Beast Boy and Cyborg gain sentience because they let their "talking" do the thinking for them for too long, and the stomachs move and talk on their own while they eat everything in sight until they eventually become Godzilla/King Kong sized monsters in only a matter of minutes! If this didn't prove to a point where the guys at Teen Titans Go! pretty much said "gently caress it, we give up with trying to create something decent, if not good with this," then I'm not sure what has. Not even the ending where the Teen Titans get their weights back to normal and Beast Boy and Cyborg learn the errors of their ways was enough to redeem this mess of an episode, as even the ending had an off moment there as well.

• Locked thread