Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Got some time in yesterday, I'm afraid that if I log in again this morning I'll lose my character :(

Had a bunch of races and a couple missions with a fellow Third Street Goon (CombatPretzel I think?), was a lot of fun even if it was just the two of us. I tried inviting every other crewmember online but nobody wanted, or managed to, join us.

By the way, since I hate pubbies and I'm too low rank to effectively slaughter them, I started up as a closed crew-only session but in 2 hours no one joined, even if there was a bunch of other crewmembers online; I guess it's either broken or nobody actually uses the "join your crewmembers" option? I tried it a bunch, but it always dropped me in a 7 pubbies/1 crewmember games, that's not what I'm looking for. I want at least 3-4 fellow Third Street Goons rolling with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

In contrast, I feel the progression is quite good. After a couple hours of random play, races and missions I have 10 grand in the bank, my insured starting car + an insured Sanchez, UZI with extended mag, full ammo and a few clothes.

For having played just once, that's not bad. Another couple of days and I'll be able to afford a garage or even an apartment. If I really want to buy a piece of clothing or some gun upgrade, I just do a bunch of activities until I can get it; it takes just 2-3 missions/races/whatever at this stage. Maybe at higher ranks stuff will cost more, but I guess missions will also pay more.

Clearly if you want to go on a shopping spree, roll in different supercars, having the best apartment and so on, it'll take a while. It's good for me because I plan to enjoy this for a long time and I'm not afraid to "grind" a bit (especially since I find the activities fun), but if you don't have that kind of patience, you can just use real money.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Oh no my character has been sacrificed to the Rockstar Cloud Gods again. I can't stand the idea of doing the tutorial for the third time. If I retry later, is there a chance that it could still be there? After all, I had two perfectly fine online sessions yesterday and this afternoon.

One would think that they'd get this poo poo sorted ASAP (didn't manage it with 2 patches for PS3...), since rank affects activities and stuff you can buy.. it's no fun having to do the same missions again and again.

Rockstar, fix your servers damnit, or you can kiss the cloud.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Update -- 2:00 PM ET 10/4/13:
The latest title update for GTA Online is live for PlayStation 3. We're working to have this up for Xbox 360 as soon as possible today.

This just popped up on the Rockstar support page in the OP. I think 2:00 PM ET is right about now, but I downloaded the 1.02 PS3 patch 6 hours ago and rebooting the game doesn't prompt me for another patch download.

What's the deal?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

MrLonghair posted:

Would like to do that "driver cannot see objectives" point to point rally with somebody who understands English.

We should try this sometimes. As soon as this disappearing character poo poo is sorted out, I volunteer (on PS3).

Disclaimer: I may or may not understand English while I'm swerving around traffic, narrowly avoiding falling down cliffs, running over wildlife, and mumbling profanities in my native language.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aishan posted:

They had them in, but took them out due to the loss of cars/properties. Hopefully now that they're fixed...

They are fixed right? Has anyone lost an apartment or car since the title update?

Well, my character disappeared yesterday and if I try to start GTA:O, it's still missing today. It doesn't even show up on the social club which is pretty baffling since I had two separate sessions on thursday and friday... which means that it was obviously stored in the cloud at some point.

My second successful session was after updating to 1.02 (PS3 btw), so it's not like it was lost due to the patch. Who knows? I'm not going online until that poo poo is fixed for good (and hopefully lost characters/ranks/insured cars are restored), I'd rather wait it out than having to restart again and again.

If I had spent any money on GTA$ I'd be pretty mad right now, luckily I did not and it just sucks that I lost a bunch of hours and my sweet, sweet rank/e-penis/pixel stuff :smith:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hey guys, I got a 2-car garage and put my starter car (Ubermacht Zion Cabrio) in there, plus the Elegy RH8, the one you get for free by being on Social Club.

Now I'd like to remove the Elegy because I don't like it very much and exchange it with a bike, but it seems like the Elegy got a signal+insurance automatically. Can I get rid of it somehow?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Croccers posted:

You can still sell your signal+insuranced cars at Mod Shops.

Apparently, not that one because you get it for free :( anyways, if it's enough to just drive another vehicle to the garage, it's peachy. I'd have tried it, but everytime I find a bike I get sidetracked or in a session with somebody so I lose it. Time to go bike-hunting!!!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Robawesome posted:

Sorry but really? $150 an hour? You make ten times that much robbing one convenience store.

Or twenty times that by winning a 2-minute (or even shorter) race with just 2-3 other people. Seriously, you can do races from the very start and most of the time you'll get enough cash from a single one to buy you everything you need for a while: armor, ammo, mechanic fees, passive mode, consumables.

The big money drains are guns, properties and planes/helis/luxury cars.

By the way, if you buy a helicopter, does it somehow fit in your garage, or do they give you a complimentary helipad with the purchase?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Mr Scumbag posted:

The whole of online feels like the devs responsible were locked in a bunker for the duration of development and haven't played any games in recent years that have done away with many of the weird design they've adopted.

Money is a grind (probably deliberate to entice spending of real money for cash), XP is a grind, and worst of all is the fact that failing a mission gives you nothing at all.

I really hope the grind gets less of a hassle, at least money-wise, when you get a higher level. Doing missions for about the same cash than you actually lose if you die in free-roam sucks, but if the missions paid off like 20k $ it'd be much better. I don't know if that's the case though since I'm on my third character, just rank 14. Also luckily if you fail a mission you can retry it right away, better than quitting it and not get anything.

Can anyone suggest me a fast way to get better at shooting? I've killed a lot of enemies and made a bunch of headshots, even did a few rounds of (solo) target practice at ammunation, but it seems my shooting skill barely moved. Meanwhile, driving's almost maxed out from races and stamina is going up at a nice pace just running around sometimes. I didn't really get a chance to practice other skills.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 9, 2013

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hey PSN goons, if anybody's ever up for some racing I'm one of the apparently few people that likes it (PSN : TorakFade , crew Third Street Goons, have a mic but won't always use it)

I am incredibly pissed at people who only choose the "Super" class (the funniest race I had was with giant, bouncy, plow-through-traffic SUVs) and treat all races like they're GTA races. I like traffic on, everybody can be good at driving on empty roads... I don't care about the rubber-banding help, I'm usually on 1st or 2nd place anyways :smug:

Driving clean laps is the best way to 1st position, and I noticed that when people try to spin you out/ram you off the road, they usually end up wrecking themselves if you know how to avoid losing control; I guess there's a physics "countermeasure" of sorts in place, because in free roam poo poo doesn't work that way.

I only wreck out when people actually ram me into a fixed object like a telephone pole.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Regarding apartments, with the upcoming 500k$ settlement I'm going to buy a fancier one. Most of the views for the 10-car apartments are there, in case anyone wonders : http://www.gamepur.com/news/12373-gta-online-apartment-list-prices-garage-size-interior-and-exterior-views.html

What is the general consensus on best apartment/location/view? I already heard that the 391k one is considered the best, but it looks like the view from Richards Majestic Apt 51 (253k GTA$) is pretty cool because you can see a park and the hills, and also part of the city. Being cheaper, you can also grab a pretty nice luxury car to go along with it! Apart from the views, is there a location problem? Like, are utilities like LS customs or Ammu-nation very far away to justify the lower price?

Do those with 6-car garages have any view at all, or are they shuttered like the cheap 2-car ones?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 12, 2013

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aishan posted:

I bought the Majestic Apt 51 and I really like the view and location, got a nice view over the golf course and the hills. It's really close to a mod shop too -- about a 30 second drive from the garage -- which is pretty good.

Great, that seals the deal. I'll always be able to upgrade later on if I get tired! I'll buy this with the first half of the settlement, the second half will be invested in a luxury car.

Btw, it will need to be a luxury car with 4-doors to adequately represent when out with the crew: so, Dewbauchee Exemplar or Enus Super Diamond? The first is fast and nimble but not good looking (compared to the Carbonizzare or Coquette anyways), the second I never drove but looks positively awesome. I love me a fancy Rolls Royce.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 12, 2013

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Why in hell does the garage keep replacing my best car, even if I tell it to replace the damned Sanchez? I really dig my Zion Cabrio but it keeps disappearing instead of that damned bike :( I need a bigger garage.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lampadati Felon is the best stealable. Best purchasable is Debauchee Exemplar. They are basically the same though(they are both awesome).

The Felon was a letdown for me ... a lot of coupés have way better handling for my style, which has a lot of last-moment swerves around obstacles, and similar acceleration and top speed. It just feels too heavy when you're speeding around. It's the fastest of the "stealable" 4 doors, but that's about it.

I feel kinda sad that when I brought it to my garage, the game decided to replace my Ubermacht Zion (which is slower but handles incredibly better) instead of the silly Sanchez I told it to replace :smith:

The Debawchee Exemplar, on the other side, is pretty awesome. Just as fast as the Felon with better handling, looks cooler, seats 4 people and doesn't cost you a fortune (205k). I'm still going to get a Enus Super Diamond as soon as I have the cash.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Yardbomb posted:

I don't know if anyone else saw this yet but I think I found a possible hideout in Blaine County.

I was driving by and saw this sign which I thought was a normal sale sign at first, which made me take a look at the rest of the property.

Wow, that is cool. Where exactly is that?

I too wish that they gave us a bit more choices in housing, we have this giant world and all available houses are downtown (and pretty much look the same). Why not have a bunch of choices in the countryside? Like trailers as cheap housing, the abovementioned house as mid-range and a ranch like Madrazo's as high-end.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Yardbomb posted:

Look just below and to the left of the prison, it's this little 3-branch grey road on the map. Also oh god, as long as I could use it for heists (Apparently you might need a high-end place for those later?) I'd kill for a trailer in Stab City.

That's very close to an LS Customs, 24/7, clothing store, and the airstrip. That'd be a wonderful position. Damnit now I want it :smith:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Kameleon posted:

If anyone wants to trade wins for the next few hours, add me. PSN: Kameeeleon

I'll be logging in 10 minutes, let's do this for a while. Invite me PSN TorakFade, we're both in Third Street Goons iirc

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Kameleon posted:

Cool, I've got no mic but if my hosting turns out extremely laggy just leave and invite me. I'll do 2 laps to get some RP out of it too.

I don't know why, but after a bunch of races it put me as the host and said me you left... then pubbies entered even if I had it set to closed lobby, so I had to quit too. No worries though, we managed pretty well. Too bad it's lunchtime and the GF doesn't really get why GTA is more important than food :v:

Also sorry for not understanding the betting thing until the last couple of races, we would've been a bit richer now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Deus Rex posted:

We did a huge test of all the classes with GET MY BELT SON and the Super Diamond was by far the best racing sedan.

Speaking of which, how does the Super Diamond compare to other more easily available cars? I'm thinking of buying one, but it seems to never spawn anywhere so I couldn't actually try it and I'm afraid of dumping 250k into it only to discover that it sucks horribly. :(

• Locked thread