Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
pre:
Game Information
Timeline:		The party will be selected by Sunday, October 13th.
Players:		5
System:			Pathfinder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)
Orokos 			(http://orokos.com/) will be used for dice rolls.
Characters:		Level 3
			25 point-buy (http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html)
			All races are allowed, with level adjustments if necessary.
			Hit points from your first hit die are always at maximum.
			Hit points thereafter will be rolled once each in-game week, to simulate sickness and health.
			Starting gold is 6,000gp (double standard) to start.  You might need it.
			The party will also be able to collectively agree on a further 12,000gp in communal resources.
			You may take two traits, or alternatively an additional HD1 bonus feat in their place.
IRC:			#FTNO on freenode.net.  I'd prefer if people were in there frequently but I'm not going to mandate it.
The story so far...

Your way of life is gone. The hopes and dreams that your people once held so dear are utterly shattered. Your world is at an end.

Three winters have passed since the End Times began: ushered in by the unrelenting forces of Istishia, the King of Water Elementals. Since that time, the oceans have risen to engulf much of what was once the known world, and cursed storm clouds bearing saltwater rain have encrusted what little remains of the previously fertile soils of innumerable nations. Remaining sources of freshwater are trapped, more often than not: hiding near the surface are violent water elementals, eager to bring to a watery grave those foolish enough to venture near.

Several races have taken to the sea, eking out a meager existence on boats and rafts, subsisting on fish and the invaluable fresh water that their few remaining clerics and druids can provide. It is not a life of excess, nor is it a life of great joy, but – for now – they survive. Others still cling desperately to what remains of their former lands, which are eroded inch by inch with each passing day as the oceans and seas continue to rise, and the saltwater rains bring gruesome ends to sparsely remaining plant and animal life.

Although you may not fully share their view, your people have resigned themselves to hopelessness. Their heroes have fought – and died – on their behalf, at first seeking to investigate the cause of the rising seas, and then seeking to somehow negotiate with Istishia, either by words or by blade. None have returned from their quests, and there seems to be an endless tide of raging water elementals bent on drowning you and everyone you have ever loved. The former leaders of your people have either fled (generally with all the wealth they could carry), or died, often at their own hands. You have perhaps considered taking the easy way out yourself, in recent months.

Two weeks ago, however, you were visited in your dreams by the voice of an elderly man. You at first thought it to be a work of your imagination, but were surprised to find that many of your people had undergone a similar experience the following morning. The words spoken were clear: “All is lost for this world. But, if you can hear this message, you are close enough to perhaps yet find new hope. Meet me in two weeks time at the base of the mountain that looks like a dragon’s claw. I am unable to promise you a bright future, but I can promise you a chance at a new life in a new world. Bring what you need to build your new life, for I fear I have precious little to give you other than this last, desperate hope.”

Many thought it to be a trick, and did not heed the words from the dream. Perhaps it was a ploy to take their lands, they said. Or even the lure of a siren, or some similar foul beast, intent on enjoying one final banquet of flesh and souls before the mortals of this world became extinct. For whatever reason, however, you had faith in the message, and heeded its words. With a score of your people at your side, you traveled to the Dragonclaw mountain: and your faith was rewarded.

It was a terrifying sight, at first: you had perhaps heard stories of the vile creatures with tentacles hanging from their mouths, and an unearthly hunger for your innards. To your surprise, however, the creature did not attack. Rather, as your people began to flee, he projected a telepathic explanation of his intent that was so utterly believable that each and every one of your comrades stopped in their tracks. His name was Professor Kraken, he explained, and although it was true that what you had heard about his race (specifically, the parts about their being unrelentingly evil and caring nothing for other races) was true, in his case, it was not. Many years ago he succumbed to a curse cleverly hidden in an enchanted circlet, which dramatically altered his worldview. Where once there was a heart of evil and a black pit where a soul should be, risen like a phoenix from the ashes of his mind was a new person of generous nature, and wracked with the guilt of a thousand-year life of cruelty and contempt.

Somehow – perhaps through telepathic suggestion – he convinced you that his words were true, and his intent was pure. He told you that in several days time, once all of those who would heed his summons might arrive, he would open a gateway to a new world for you to inhabit. He possessed the genetic memory of his people, he said, and with it came the knowledge of countless worlds they had surveyed and dominated in their time. He had not been to many of them himself, and in truth many had not been visited by any of his kind for thousands of years, he admitted, but they were safer than this doomed world. And, if you would choose to accept the opportunity, one of them could be your new home.

Your people looked to you for answers. Their leaders had abandoned them, and their heroes were dead. A few years ago, you were nobody: minimal experience, trivial power, and essentially no real knowledge of your own world, let alone the planes beyond. But here you were, standing in front of a benevolent mind flayer, with a few dozen of your people at your back, and they were looking to you for answers.

You needed time to think. Thankfully, you had it. Several days passed, and in time other groups arrived. The sales pitch became easier with each additional group, given that none of you had been eaten alive in your sleep (although you all took what you believed to be entirely sufficient precautions against that risk). By the time the fated hour had arrived, five groups in total had amassed at the base of the Dragonclaw mountain, each of similar size to your own, and led by someone of similar strength and wit. It was a terrible choice, you all agreed, but when it came down to it, it wasn’t a choice at all. Your world was doomed, and if you remained on it you knew just how horrible your death would be. It might be a trick, but there was a chance at survival on the other end of the tunnel that Professor Kraken was promising, and you intended to take him up on that offer.

And so, two weeks to the day since he spoke to you in a dream, you and your people are waiting for the gate to open. You have brought much of your worldly wealth with you, and have also been able to scavenge the surrounding area for some additional valuables. Professor Kraken, as well, has offered to part with some treasures from his own hoard to help you on your journey. He will not be coming with you, he has explained: there are other groups still surviving elsewhere in the world, and he intends to give them the same chance he has given you.

Game Mechanics
The game will begin with your group at the foot of the Dragonclaw mountain. Each of you has a motley tribe of twenty commoners of your respective race at your disposal, and - at least for now – they are looking to you as their leader, as a result of being an adventurer of at least some mild renown. You will have an opportunity to select from a random assortment of environments, which Professor Kraken has promised to plane shift you into.

Your goals from that point on are up to you. You will need to survive, somehow. Your people will want to thrive, eventually. There will be unexpected dangers, unpredictable issues, and – depending on your racial choices – quite possibly some internal conflict as well. You are, effectively, the rulers of a tribe of about one hundred souls. How will decisions be made? Who is truly in charge? How will you survive in a new and unknown landscape? There are a lot of questions that will need to be answered, as you set about rebuilding your once-great civilizations. Or whatever it is you plan to do.

You may choose the specific makeup of your commoners from the NPC classes listed at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes.

For those wanting to play monstrous races that aren't specified on the race list, I'm okay with that. The system seems to allow for this as follows:

Pathfinder SRD posted:

If you are including a single monster character in a group of standard characters, make sure the group is of a level that is at least as high as the monster's CR. Treat the monster's CR as class levels when determining the monster PC's overall levels. For example, in a group of 6th-level characters, a minotaur (CR 4) would possess 2 levels of a core class, such as barbarian.

Waador fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'd be interested, but I'm a little confused. Do you intend to play this on Roll20 or by the usual PBP method? You seemed to have changed your mind a bit.

Sorry - play-by-post is the intent.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Since it might be relevant to clarify for everyone: if you are playing a race with racial hit die (such as most of the monsters), your commoners will not have any class levels. That is essentially only available to races with no other levels. So in the case of an orc, or a human, which is a normally playable, they'd have levels of Commoner 1 or Adept 1 or whatever. In contrast, if you are playing a CR3 minotaur or whatever, your characters are purely the monster manual entries for your creatures. The benefit there is that you seem to tend to get creatures with four hit die worth of monstrous humanoid or whatever, and an extra feat as a result, but a bit less ability to customize and a lot less knowledge relevant to day-to-day survival. Those monstrous commoners are a bit heartier though, so it's not a terrible trade-off.

However, there might be an exception for skeletons, since that is a template added onto a base creature and not an individual race/creature in and of itself. I am going to say all your skeletons need to be the same base race as you at the least though, otherwise you'll end up having a dozen dragon skeletons or something infuriating, potentially.

Also on the subject of the skeleton I think you might have one too many hit dice, but I am going to avoid doing any real fact-checking on character sheets until the party is chosen.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

s19aw posted:

How strict is the requirement that the followers be the same race as the characters? For example, I am planning to make a Half-Orc Oracle -- since we aren't really adding any extra racial stuff onto their NPC Class levels, can they be from whatever races I want? If not, can they be a mix of humans and orcs?

For the most part I don't want to deal with tracking the individual population beyond "Player X is Race X and so is his race."

Contextually in this case I don't necessarily think that orcs and humans would be living in a happy family. I could get behind a half-orc leading a group of one race or the other, as that makes more sense than him leading a tribe also of half-orcs, but mixing and matching a few races into your group is going to encourage other players to do the same and I just don't want that headache.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Arkangelus posted:

Note: Are we buying equipment only for ourselves or for our tribe as well? I assume ourselves but wanted to make sure. Either way if its all the same to you Waador I'll wait until selections are made to finish up my equipment.

Let me know if I messed anything up, I tried to double-check everything but I probably missed something.

I am fine with people finishing up their equipment and such after selections are made. Unsurprisingly I will select players based on premise and composition of the party as opposed to your theoretical gearscore. You have double regular starting gold so that you can equip your followers if you want as well though. It might make more sense to just bedeck yourself in magic gear, who knows, but I'm sure a tribe of people whose only possessions are a set of clothing will have more utility.

Also your table is breaking tables. You monster.

Current submissions appear to be as follows:
pre:
Player		Race/Class		Alignment

Completed sheets:
Takanago	Human Fighter		LG
El Fappo	Orc Witch		??
Zachol		Skeleton Wizard		LE
KittyEmpress	Changeling Oracle	CG
JadeMage	Sylph Monk		LN
Ryuujin		Ashokian Alchemist	N
Arkangelus	Half Giant Tactician	CG

Pending submissions:
Anias		Dryad?
FPW		Something beautiful?
NeoTempest	Merfolk?
Globofglob	Ratfolk alchemist?
I'd ask that all submissions be in at some point on Sunday. I am running a real-life game on Saturday for the bulk of the day so am unlikely to be available for chargen questions during that time, but will post selections either late Sunday or early Monday. Once selections are made I'll go over the sheets and make sure they're calculated reasonably and such, but at first glance most things seem fine-ish.

Waador fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 11, 2013

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
With so many beautiful flowers to select from in this garden of souls, it has taken a little while. Apologies for being a bit past the deadline.
The survivors that get to live and breathe in a new world are:

pre:
Player			Character			Race			Alignment
Anias			Sieversii Al Lynnsiera		Dryad Druid		LN
			Ad Vensalla Sa Issabelle
El Fappo		King Skullguy			Orc Witch		NE
			[King of the Skullguy Tribe]
KittyEmpress		Uru'vi				Unicorn			CG
LordKoth		Zoka "Shade" Balsim		Fetchling Ninja		N
Zachol			Szandra the Fleshless		Skeleton Wizard		LE
Apologies go to Arkangelus, Ryuujin, s19aw, and Takanago, whose characters each had brief but heroic lives.
Mostly I didn't want a party composed primarily of neutral alignments.

The game thread is up here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574846 .
I'll go over sheets of characters today and we can work out any corrections as well as the remaining equipment stuff before you guys get dumped onto a new planet.

Waador fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 14, 2013

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Fappo are you alive? Please to be posting in the game thread.
If nothing is heard by end of day Thursday I may have to declare the orcs dead and give a new species a chance at life.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I am just now beginning to work through and validate the character sheets: Zachol, you are up first!
I've recalculated everything and most of it looks good, but a few differences. Can you please check through the attached and let me know if I am misinterpreting anything?
A few things I noted were:
- Your sheet appeared to contain 600 extra gold than there should have been. Presumably the cost of the masterwork staff not deducted from your currency.

Other than that it seems fine to me, I don't think there was anything else out of whack.
Technically you are CR 3 and 1/3 but I don't think that is an issue.

pre:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECL Breakdown:
+1/3:  Human skeleton (0d8)
+  1:  Skeletal champion (2d8)
+  2:  Wizard (2d6)
 ECL:  =3 and 1/3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexandra "Szandra" lur Carme
Human Skeletal Champion Wizard
LE Medium Undead

STR	10/+0	[08 base + 2 skeleton]			[-2]
DEX	15/+2	[13 base + 2 skeleton]			[ 3]
CON	--/--	[nil racial]				[--]
INT	21/+5	[18 base + 2 human + 1 hit die]		[17]
WIS	12/+1	[12 base]				[ 2]
CHA	14/+2	[14 base]				[ 5]
					Point-buy:	[25]

BAB	+2	[1 wizard + 1 skeleton]
Melee	+2	[2 BAB + 0 strength]
Range	+4	[2 BAB + 2 dexterity]
CMB	+2	[2 BAB + 0 strength]	
CMD	16	[10 base + 4 hit die + 2 dexterity]
INIT	+6	[2 dexterity + 4 improved initiative]

FORT	+2	[0 wizard + 0 skeleton + 2 charisma]
REF	+2	[0 wizard + 0 skeleton + 2 dexterity]
WILL	+7	[3 wizard + 3 skeleton + 1 wisdom]

AC	16	[10 base + 2 dexterity + 2 natural + 2 shield]
Flat	14	[10 base + 2 natural + 2 shield]
Touch	12	[10 base + 2 dexterity]
Speed	30', land

HP	8+1d8+2d6+10
	[8 base + 1d8 skeleton + 2d6 wizard + 8 charisma hit die + 2 favored]

Special:
DR5/bludgeoning
Immunity to cold
Undead traits
Channel resistance +4
Darkvision 60'

Attacks:
  2 claws	+2 to hit	2x 1d4+0, bludgeoning and slashing
  Mwk. staff  	+3 to hit	1x 1d6+0, bludgeoning
Skill Points		20	Skeleton	2*[4 base + 5 INT + 1 human]
			16	Wizard		2*[2 base + 5 INT + 1 human]
			36	Total
			--	Ranks unspent

Acrobatics	 DEX	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Appraise	 INT	+12	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 5 ability]
Bluff		 CHA	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Climb		 STR	+ 5	*	[2 ranks + 3 class + 0 ability]
Craft		 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
Diplomacy	 CHA	+10	T	[4 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability + 1 trait]
Disable Device	 DEX	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Disguise	 CHA	+ 2	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Escape Artist	 DEX	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Fly		 DEX	+ 7	*	[2 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Handle Animal	 CHA	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Heal		 WIS	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Intimidate	 CHA	+ 2	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Knowledge
 (Arcana)	 INT	+12	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 5 ability]
 (Dungeoneering) INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Engineering)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Geography)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (History)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Local)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Nature)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Nobility)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Planes)	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
 (Religion)	 INT	+12	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 5 ability]
Linguistics	 INT	+ 5	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 5 ability]
Perception	 WIS	+ 9	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Perform		 CHA	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Profession	 WIS	+ 2	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Ride		 DEX	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Sense Motive	 WIS	+ 9	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Sleight of Hand	 DEX	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Spellcraft	 INT	+15	*	[4 ranks + 3 class +5 ability + 3 skill focus]
Stealth		 DEX	+ 9	*	[4 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Survival	 WIS	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Swim		 STR	+ 0	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 0 ability]
Use Magic Device CHA	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]

Languages
 Humanoid:	Common
 Monstrous:	Elven, Necril
 Planar:	Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal
Traits:		World Traveler (diplomacy)
		Defensive Strategist

Feats:
Human		Defensive Combat Training
Skeleton	Improved Initiative
HD1		Combat Casting
HD3		Skill Focus (spellcraft)
Wizard 1	Scribe Scroll
Necromancy	Command Undead

Abilities:	Arcane Bond (amulet)
		Arcane School (necromancy [undead])
		Opposed Schools (enchantment and evocation)
		Cantrips
		Power Over Undead (8/day)
		Bolster (8/day)
Spells Per Day:
Level 0:	4	[4 wizard + 0 intelligence]
Level 1:	4	[2 wizard + 2 intelligence]
Necromancy:	1	[Arcane School]

Spells Known:
Lv. 0
Resistance		[Cantrips]
Acid Splash		[Cantrips]
Detect Magic		[Cantrips]
Detect Poison		[Cantrips]
Read Magic		[Cantrips]
Ghost Sound		[Cantrips]
Haunted Fey Aspect	[Cantrips]
Bleed			[Cantrips]
Disrupt Undead		[Cantrips]
Touch of Fatigue	[Cantrips]
Mage Hand		[Cantrips]
Mending			[Cantrips]
Message			[Cantrips]
Open/Close		[Cantrips]
Arcane Mark		[Cantrips]
Prestidigitation	[Cantrips]

Lv. 1
Expeditious Retreat	[Wizard 1]
Feather Fall		[Wizard 1]
Grease			[Wizard 1]
Identify		[INT+1]
Mage Armor		[INT+2]
Obscuring Mist		[INT+3]
Ray of Enfeeblement	[INT+4]
Silent Image		[INT+5]
Summon Monster I	[Wizard 2]
Vanish			[Wizard 2]
Equipment:
Masterwork quarterstaff		  600  gp	4.0  lbs.
Mithral buckler +1		2,005  gp	2.5  lbs.
Traveler's outfit		    -  gp	5.0  lbs.
Spell component pouch		    5  gp	2.0  lbs.
Handy haversack			2,000  gp	5.0  lbs.
  (spellbook)			    -  gp	--   lbs.
  (fancy ink and paper)		1,300  gp	--   lbs.
  (gold pieces)			   90  gp	--   lbs.
			Total:	6,000  gp	18.5 lbs.

Carrying capacity:
Strength		10		[10 base]
Light load		33 lbs.
Medium load		66 lbs.
Heavy load		100 lbs.
Lift			200 lbs.
Push/drag		500 lbs.

Waador fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 22, 2013

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
LordKoth is up next! I didn't identify anything out of place though. So, good work.

pre:
ECL Breakdown:
+  3:  Ninja (3d8)
 ECL:  =3
Zoka "Shade" Balsim
Fetchling Ninja
Neutral Medium Outsider (native)

STR	13/+1	[13 base]				[ 3]
DEX	18/+4	[16 base + 2 racial]			[10]
CON	14/+2	[14 base]				[ 5]
INT	12/+1	[12 base]				[ 2]
WIS	10/+0	[12 base - 2 racial]			[ 2]
CHA	15/+2	[13 base + 2 racial]			[ 3]
					Point-buy:	[25]

BAB	+2	[2 ninja]
Melee	+6	[2 BAB + 4 dexterity (finesse)]
Range	+6	[2 BAB + 4 dexterity]
CMB	+3	[2 BAB + 1 strength]
CMD	17	[10 base + 2 BAB + 1 strength + 4 dexterity]
INIT	+4	[4 dexterity]

FORT	+4	[1 ninja + 2 ability + 1 resistance]
REF	+8	[3 ninja + 4 ability + 1 resistance]
WILL	+4	[1 ninja + 0 ability + 1 resistance + 2 feat]

AC	18	[10 base + 4 armor + 4 dexterity]
Flat	14	[10 base + 4 armor]
Touch	14	[10 base + 4 dexterity]
Speed	30', land

HP	8+2d8+6
	[8 base + 2d8 ninja + 6 constitution hit die]

Special (racial):
(Su) Shadow blending
     Attacks in dim light have a 50% miss chance, instead of 20%.
     This ability does not provide total concealment.
(Ex) Shadow resistance
     Cold resistance 5
     Electricity resistance 5
(Ex) Skilled
     +2 racial to Knowledge (planes) and Stealth
(Sp) Disguise self (1/day)
(Ex) Darkvision 60'
(Ex) Low-light vision

Special (class):
(Ex) Poison use
(Ex) Sneak attack +2d6
(Su) Ki pool (3 points)
(Ex) Ninja trick:  Vanishing
(Ex) No trace (+1)
Skill Points		30	Ninja		3*[8 base + 1 INT + 1 favored]
			30	Total
			--	Ranks overspent

Acrobatics	 DEX	+10	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 4 ability]
Appraise	 INT	+ 1	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Bluff		 CHA	+ 8	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Climb		 STR	+ 5	*	[1 ranks + 3 class + 1 ability]
Craft		 INT	+ 1	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Diplomacy	 CHA	+ 8	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Disable Device	 DEX	+10	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 4 ability]
Disguise	 CHA	+ 6	*	[1 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]
Escape Artist	 DEX	+10	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 4 ability]
Fly		 DEX	+ 4	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 4 ability]
Handle Animal	 CHA	+ 2	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Heal		 WIS	+ 0	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 0 ability]
Intimidate	 CHA	+ 2	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Knowledge
 (Arcana)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Dungeoneering) INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Engineering)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Geography)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (History)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Local)	 INT	+ 1	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Nature)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Nobility)	 INT	+ 1	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
 (Planes)	 INT	+ 3	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability + 2 racial]
 (Religion)	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Linguistics	 INT	+ 1	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Perception	 WIS	+ 6	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 0 ability]
Perform		 CHA	+ 2	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 2 ability]
Profession	 WIS	+ 0	*	[0 ranks + 0 class + 0 ability]
Ride		 DEX	+ 4	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 4 ability]
Sense Motive	 WIS	+ 5	*	[2 ranks + 3 class + 0 ability]
Sleight of Hand	 DEX	+ 8	*	[1 ranks + 3 class + 4 ability]
Spellcraft	 INT	+ 1	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 1 ability]
Stealth		 DEX	+14	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 4 ability + 2 racial + 2 circumstance]
Survival	 WIS	+ 0	-	[0 ranks + 0 class + 0 ability]
Swim		 STR	+ 5	*	[1 ranks + 3 class + 1 ability]
Use Magic Device CHA	+ 8	*	[3 ranks + 3 class + 2 ability]

Languages
 Humanoid:	Common
 Monstrous:	Draconic
Feats:
Trait		Iron Will
HD1		Weapon Finesse
HD3		Two-weapon Fighting
Equipment:
Mwk. wakizashi (x2)	  670  gp	 4    lbs.
Dagger (x2)		    4  gp	 2    lbs.
Shuriken (x20)		    4  gp	 2    lbs.

Mithral shirt		1,100  gp	12.5  lbs.
Cloak of resistance +1	1,000  gp	 1    lbs.
Spring wrist sheath	    5  gp        1    lbs.
Spring wrist sheath	    5  gp        1    lbs.
Caltrops (x1)		    1  gp	 2    lbs.
Mwk. tool (stealth)	   50  gp	 2    lbs.

Tribal property:
Shuriken (x180)		   36  gp
Shortbows (x10)		  300  gp
Longbows (x2)		  150  gp
Arrows (x400)		   20  gp
Wakizashi (x3)		  105  gp
Short sword (x4)	   40  gp
Spear (x20)		   40  gp
Dagger (x28)		   56  gp
Caltrops (x39)		   39  gp

Leather armor (x10)	  100  gp
Scale mail (x3)		  100  gp
Studded leather (x3)	   75  gp

Pavilion tent (x1)	  100  gp	[Houses 10]
Large tent (x3)		   90  gp	[Houses 12]
Medium tent (x4)	   60  gp	[Houses  8]
Small tent (x1)		   10  gp	[Houses  1]
Bedrolls (x21)		    2.1gp
Blankets (x21)		   10.5gp
Fishhook (X20)		    2  gp
Fishing net (x2)	    8  gp
Bear trap (X5)		   10  gp
Silk rope (100')	   20  gp
Hemp rope (400')	    8  gp
Twine (5,000')		    1  gp
Trail rations (x420)	  210  gp	[Feeds 20 days]
Heavy wagon		  100  gp
Oxen (x4)		   60  gp  
Iron (x100)		   10  gp	[100 lbs.]
Masonry stone (x200)	   10  gp	[200 lbs.]
Anvil (x1)		    5  gp
Bellows (x1)		    1  gp
Hammer (x2)		    1  gp
Mwk. tools (alchemy)	   50  gp
Mwk. tools (smithing)	   50  gp
Gold pieces		1,218.4gp
		Total:	6,000  gp	27.5 lbs.

Carrying capacity:
Strength		 13		[13 base]
Light load		 50 lbs.
Medium load		100 lbs.
Heavy load		150 lbs.
Lift			300 lbs.
Push/drag		750 lbs.
Tribe:
Experts		8
 Alchemist		1
 Blacksmith		1
 Carpenter		1
 Loremaster		1
 Misc.			1
 Clan initiate		3
Adepts		3
 Healer			2
 Mage			1
Warriors	3
Commoners	6

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Essentially how that is intended to work is as follows:
- A given character or party spends 4d6 hours exploring the hex;
- This enables that party to roll relevant skill checks to find and assess things;
- The points of interest in that area will then be revealed based on your rolls.

This creates a bit of an incentive for the PCs to do most of the exploring, since they will have much higher rolls on relevant skill checks than their tribal counterparts.
However, it would be possible to create multiple NPC scouting parties to cover a wider area in a shorter amount of time.
While they might not identify points of interest as effectively, they would reveal portions of the map faster.
Doing that would come with the higher risk of horrible things happening though.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Apologies, my connection to IRC is a bit unruly at times so I must have missed the message. A knowledge (nature) check or a knowledge (arcana) check might reveal useful information on the bugs. A survival check would be required to 'track' them back to their hive, if they have such a thing, although they can fly and you can't, so that might complicate any tracking. You have scent, however, so that might overcome some of the problems inherent in tracking a flying creature.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I had a dream that everyone posted, and it was glorious.
Will I ever realize my dreams?

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Apologies for the delay since this most recent post, have been working 12-14h a day since mid-December trying to get some software released. Things are cooling down now so I should be able to get back to a proper update frequency.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
You can definitely high-tail it back to base if you want.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
As far as I recall you guys never agreed on which treasure you wanted to keep from his stockpile. He's going to want to plane shift away before you head out into the wilds again, though, so you'll have to make that choice (somehow) in the near future. As to which direction you want to explore in next, I'll update the map for the next post so you can get your bearings.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Post, ye knaves.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Post incoming tomorrow or Thursday. Got roped into teaching a class I know nothing about so have been furiously learning material to teach it once for no apparent reason other than 'because'.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Miscellaneous posts are desired.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I will put up a post shortly, but trying to get a bead on the players.
I know Fappo recently had an emergency he had to deal with which appears to be keeping him away from computers, which puts us one down.
I am also not sure if Kitty Empress is still interested, trying to get confirmation over Skype on that front.

It seems there is still engagement for the game from Zachol and Anias, and I believe Lord Koth is still interested as well.
If we need to replace one or two people not a big deal but going to give it a bit of time to sort itself out before forcing you guys too far ahead.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Two changes for character creation purposes - if you are playing a creature without a CR (i.e a normally playable race, such as human), you can:
• gestalt as any two Pathfinder classes, with the exception of wizard, cleric, and druid; and
• use a point-buy of 32 as opposed to 25.

There's obviously a bit of an imbalance between the creatures with seven hit dice and ability scores approaching thirty, so hopefully this addresses that. Obviously this means those characters (Zoka and if he returns, Skullguy) get the benefit of that on level up as well. Prestige classes would probably not be able to be doubled up on from a gestalt perspective, as well, though I haven't thought too far ahead on that.

Also the IRC channels I am in appear to be SpiderQueen on SynIRC or FTNO on Freenode. I'd say just use the former.

Waador fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 9, 2014

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
The party will be taking on:
- Kol'qarsi (played by Swags), next of kin of Uru'vi, former queen of unicorns;
- Z'gell Marx (played by Ryuujin), timeless mutant oddity; and
- Lokar Nogard (played by Quornes), the faithful man who was rewarded by his god with death. And life.

I am tempted to take all four and see what happens but I think that might be a disservice to the existing party so am going to avoid doing so.

The events that need to transpire to introduce Kol'qarsi and Z'gell will be occurring today and tomorrow, and Lokar Nogard will be occurring shortly after that, such that hopefully everyone is in play by Wednesday or Thursday.

edit: running behind schedule and I apologize for that. 90% of the chapter shift is up with the next pieces being opening the door and getting to safety and finding Ryuujin. You should be able to start interacting with the environment and the gross brain sac tomorrow evening.

Waador fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
OK, post is up, Ryuujin is in play, and Szandra and Kol'qarsi are currently conscious. I suspect Zoka and Sieversii will also be conscious immediately after level-up (which takes about 5 minutes when knocked unconscious).

Waador fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 21, 2014

• Locked thread