Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Everyone in the MCU gets super powers after Sony releases the PSVita, which is a huge hit there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Remember that time in Falcon and Winter Soldier when Zemo found his iconic purple mask in a car and then later put it on to shoot two dudes and then it was just never mentioned or shown again. I wonder if they’re ever going to directly address that. Would be pretty funny if they didn’t.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

Remember that time in Falcon and Winter Soldier when Zemo found his iconic purple mask in a car and then later put it on to shoot two dudes and then it was just never mentioned or shown again. I wonder if they’re ever going to directly address that. Would be pretty funny if they didn’t.

It would've only added to Sharon's kill-count if he hadn't!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jagermonster posted:

It's his action mask. You put it on to do action.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

Everyone in the MCU gets super powers after Sony releases the PSVita, which is a huge hit there.

You joke but this was kind of a plot point in Young Justice S3

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Karma Tornado posted:

guy had a machine that made guys bigger but he got put into his make guys bigger machine too much and became a guy that was much too big

well i don't know what i expected

Jagermonster posted:

I love that it's not even just a purple balaclava. It's got actual facial sculpting underneath for some reason. Just a very strange set of decisions made there.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love that it's not even just a purple balaclava. It's got actual facial sculpting underneath for some reason. Just a very strange set of decisions made there.

Yeah, it's some CW Arrowverse poo poo. Just make it a ski mask and say he doesn't want to get recognized in Madripoor.

He basically just wore it enough to have that shot in the trailer for the 8 people who were gonna be enticed by Zemo masking up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can imagine its Zemo's "gonna kill normal people" mask. He's got a thing, he can't kill people in black ops without it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's two or three episodes left, plenty of time for him to fall in a vat of glue

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
50/50 chance his plot in the series ends with Falcon and Bucky capturing him wearing the mask, ripping it off to reveal it wasn't Zemo wearing it this time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

50/50 chance his plot in the series ends with Falcon and Bucky capturing him wearing the mask, ripping it off to reveal it wasn't Zemo wearing it this time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SlimGoodbody posted:

well i don't know what i expected

It's the classic live-action superhero costume problem (especially for characters with full masks like Iron Man or Spider-Man), if he wears the mask all the time, the actor doesn't get screen time, and the actor wants that screen time.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
But most of his screentime is with Bucky and Sam, he wouldn't where it with them, just when he's out.....like real life I guess.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

There's two or three episodes left, plenty of time for him to fall in a vat of glue

I forgot that insanely stupid part of comic Zemo's origin. How does he eat? How does he cut his hair? How does he not, I don't know, develop some kind of horrific flesh necrosis? How does this filthy rich baron not have the capacity to call an advanced team of surgeons and chemists and say "hey so I would like to take my loving beanie off"??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The mask isn't stuck. He ripped it off and his face came with it. He's horrifically scarred.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
His dad had the mask stuck on though, and according to the internet could only eat intravenously, although I can't find any citations for an issue where this comes up.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

I forgot that insanely stupid part of comic Zemo's origin. How does he eat? How does he cut his hair? How does he not, I don't know, develop some kind of horrific flesh necrosis? How does this filthy rich baron not have the capacity to call an advanced team of surgeons and chemists and say "hey so I would like to take my loving beanie off"??

That was his father; Helmut’s face was horribly disfigured after his first attempt to kill Cap. And original flavor Zemo was a victim of his own success; he specifically made Adhesive X unbreakable, and the rules of SCIENCE! (Also narrative causality) dictate that he could never remove it. SCIENCE! is a lot like a deal with the devil, you gotta read the fine print. As to how he eats and breathes and other science facts, you should say to yourself “It’s just a comic, I should really just relax.”

Ironically, Helmut did eventually get his mask glued to his face by adhesive X, but it turned out that the Avengers had developed a solvent, so it was removed immediately. Bit anticlimactic, really.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

jwalrus posted:

That was his father; Helmut’s face was horribly disfigured after his first attempt to kill Cap. And original flavor Zemo was a victim of his own success; he specifically made Adhesive X unbreakable, and the rules of SCIENCE! (Also narrative causality) dictate that he could never remove it. SCIENCE! is a lot like a deal with the devil, you gotta read the fine print. As to how he eats and breathes and other science facts, you should say to yourself “It’s just a comic, I should really just relax.”

There's a little scene I like in Thunderbolts #-1, the flashback issue, that shows Heinrich Zemo sitting shirtless in a hot tub swirling a glass of champagne around but pointedly not drinking it, with his goofy purple mask on, but not the tiara because it's his casual time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has Paste Pot Pete ever gotten his hands on Adhesive X

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Argue posted:

Has Paste Pot Pete ever gotten his hands on Adhesive X

Sort of. During the very first appearance of the Masters of Evil, way back in Avengers #5-6, the evil scheme is basically just running around spraying Adhesive X on everything. The Avengers eventually get the idea to just call Paste Pot Pete in prison and ask him for the formula to his super dissolver in exchange for a reduced sentence. This was only Pete's third appearance-- prior to that he'd been a Human Torch solo badguy, but I guess word got around that his glue products kicked rear end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The mask was just cloth. And he could clearly still open his mouth cause he could talk. Why not just cut a mouth hole?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

It's the classic live-action superhero costume problem (especially for characters with full masks like Iron Man or Spider-Man), if he wears the mask all the time, the actor doesn't get screen time, and the actor wants that screen time.

I know and understand that but still get irrationally angry every time it happens. I was watching Flash last night (and I don't know why I still watch it, sunken cost fallacy), at the end they're surrounded by cops about to break in and he takes off his mask for the big talking moments. At least there's a semi excuse there in that he can put it back on super fast.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

TwoPair posted:

Imagine how the suit actor for Robotman in Doom Patrol feels.. he will never have screen time.. and he doesn't look like Brendan Fraser..

..and Brendan Fraser does Robotman's voice all the time and sometimes appears in his old Cliff Steel body in dream / mental sequences.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Riley Shanahan deserves more credit than he’s been given for his performance as Robotman and one of my big hopes for the third season of Doom Patrol is that they adapt the bit where Robotman’s body becomes separately sentient and he gets to do the full character.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Imagine how the suit actor for Robotman in Doom Patrol feels.. he will never have screen time.. and he doesn't look like Brendan Fraser..

..and Brendan Fraser does Robotman's voice all the time and sometimes appears in his old Cliff Steel body in dream / mental sequences.

At least he knows what he signed on for and isn't getting the ol' David Prowse treatment

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

jwalrus posted:

As to how he eats and breathes and other science facts, you should say to yourself “It’s just a comic, I should really just relax.”

Never! NEVER!!

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Binary Badger posted:

I've not seen an interview with Brendan Frasier talking about Doom Patrol where he doesn't give thanks and praise to Riley Shanahan, Fraser is VERY aware how lucky he is.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Zemo's mask fulfils the same function as the Flag Smashers' masks.

To hide stunt-doubles.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Context free spoiler for episode 5.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm pro this trend of Marvel and DC giving middle aged actresses high profile blockbuster work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everything about that episode was amazing. Please give me a scene with Valentina and Nick Fury at some point Marvel. I need that scene.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm pro this trend of Marvel and DC giving middle aged actresses high profile blockbuster work.

The one good outcome of the fact that superhero movies are all we make any more is that obscure comics character #897 that only diehard fans have heard of now gets played by an actor with three BAFTAs or an EGOT, and they generally go full ham and enjoy the gently caress out of the experience.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This one also feels appropriate:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The one good outcome of the fact that superhero movies are all we make any more is that obscure comics character #897 that only diehard fans have heard of now gets played by an actor with three BAFTAs or an EGOT, and they generally go full ham and enjoy the gently caress out of the experience.

I spent a good amount of that scene just staring at her like, there's no way that's actually her right? She wouldn't be in a marvel show

But she is

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I spent a good amount of that scene just staring at her like, there's no way that's actually her right? She wouldn't be in a marvel show

But she is

Why wouldn't she be in a Marvel Studios production?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I dunno just seems like something she wouldn't be interested in

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I dunno just seems like something she wouldn't be interested in

What gives you that impression? The biggest franchise in film and tv history and she wouldn't be interested?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The character in question is also going to appear in Black Widow according to Vanity Fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

What gives you that impression? The biggest franchise in film and tv history and she wouldn't be interested?

Why does this make it automatically interesting