Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am going to have to check out Arrow. I certainly enjoyed Smallville when it had wider DCU stuff in it. Now if it just was on Canadian netflix we'd be all set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Unblock US is totally worth the $5/month

But I can only use it on my computer and I have a nice big HD tv I'd want to watch it on. Or my kindle HD.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Set it up right on your router and it works for everything

Cool, I will have to try that out once I get a chance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So it looks like the next Agents of Shield is on the 19th and will have some connection to Thor 2, which no doubt will be a minor reference.

Phil what are you doing?
Oh I'm just reading my email from Thor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ironf posted:

Would it be asking too much to get Luke Cage/Iron Fist similar in tone to Black Dynamite?

I suggested that in CD once and I was told I was being racist. Thing is, heroes for hire comes out of the Blacksploitation and Kung Fu crazes of the 70s.

Michael Jae White is pretty much Luke Cage already when you think about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

I'm glad I own Black Dynamite because I'm intersted if it'll hold up in 20 years. Have any of you tried to watch I'm Gonna Get You Sucka lately? It's horrible, outside of specific scenes that I may be viewing through nostalgia vision.

The dude with the goldfish in his shoes never fails. But yea, the rest of it feels way to 1992.

It's funny, I always associate Kingpin with Spiderman, mostly because the first place I ever saw him was in a Spiderman comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

Goddard did some of the better episodes of "Angel," so if he wound up involved with the Daredevil show I expect it would be fun.

And Cabin in the Woods is just so good.

Thing about Spiderman and Daredevil sharing Villains, they're both street level heroes, so It makes sense their villains would cross over. I mean, how much crime can there be in Hell's Kitchen?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope that they used AoS as the jumping off point for the Netflix shows, even if its "Wow Luke Cage and Iron Fist, that was really handy how to beat up those Maggia thugs, I can't want to see what adventures you'll be having in the future!" type thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The last episode featured a sonic weapon from 1960s SHIELD/HYDRA comics, Victoria Hand, a mention of the Triskelion and Agent Sitwell from the Thor and Avengers films.

Unless Baron Zemo came out at the end of the last episode to taunt Ward and Fitz, its not referencing anything :colbert:

And for anyone wondering, the preview for next episode, the Thor tie in one featured some normal people getting their hands on an Asgardian weapon, so its not too far fetched we could see the Wrecking crew in some form in the next episode

I don't think BSS has the same preview spoiler policies as TVIV, but just in case.

They did not add Victoria Hand in just to go "hey comic nerds, know this character?!" no, she has to be part of a larger thing, like some aspects of SHIELD are not as noble as Coulson likes to think, which is obviously part of the plot for Cap 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

e X posted:

This is the series were Jesus descendants are a bunch of inbreed retards, no way they are leaving that in.

Sermon on the mount! Humperdoodle!

Thing is, the whole Grail plotline is pretty much the major one through the first part of the series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If I never read Preacher, I'd have never read Transmetropolis or any non-superhero comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its funny, cartoons made to sell toys ALWAYS had multi part stories in them. GI Joe for example had at least 4 of them.

I only just saw an episode of Avengers Assemble, and its weird, some stuff is movie like, but at the same time things are also comic like, like Hawkeye's outfit is his current comics one rather than his movie one. I didn't realize it was supposed to be in the same universe as Ultimate Spiderman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToastyPotato posted:

They changed the Avengers cartoon to be part of a more shared universe and then proceeded to basically never cross the cartoons over ever! Before AA, USM had various Avengers on a bunch of times, and even did so this season. Number of times Spider-Man and co. have appeared on AA? Zero that I've seen, even though they have had a villain cross over (Dracula).

Yea, EMH, which I love the poo poo out of even before they introduced Jennifer Hale voiced Ms Marvel, had essentially Ultimate Spiderman on at least twice, and when the Avengers showed up on USM, it felt like the same characters.

When I was a kid, i was always blown away when the Xmen had to contact the Avengers for help, or Iron Man had to deal with Doc Ock, but they seem to be afraid to do that with the newer shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could always just say that Strange has discovered how to manipulate energy the same way Asgardian's have so he can do all this magic. It's not like they show Loki pulling out a hologram device to make his illusions, its been shown to be a literal wave of the hand.

Lurdiak posted:

Well, just look how horribly it backfired when their film division tried to do that sort of thing!

Yea, its not like there's a billion dollars worth of evidence of this working!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I marathoned the 90s Xmen show when I first got netflix, and I don't think it aged that bad. Its 90s as hell, but at least in the first season and a half the animation holds up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

If only the show lived up to the Japanese version of the show's intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

I like how Cable just keeps showing up in the intro.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how Darksied was actually defeated Clark flew through him and poof

You forgot to mention that Aquaman showed up for a few minutes out of the whole series. I remember him blowing up an oil rig, because that will totally stop the rape of the oceans and not spill billions of gallons of oil.

They did also have the 90s reboot verison of Starman, straight down to the piercings and grunge attire. And I honestly liked Daniel Jackson as Hawkman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

I was going through this list of heroes who appeared in Smallville, and I don't know what's worst = the costumes that look like the comicbook counterparts (which look so cheap and plastic) or the ones that don't look anything like the counterparts. Also I see that Black Canary had the painted on mask, something carried over to Arrow.

Wow Black Canary looked awful. Its weird based on the style of costumes every else has, they couldn't have left her leather jacket?

Its kind of strange looking how some of the outfits look really good, Dr Fate and Hawkman, but the rest are that terrible superhero costume design philosophy that you see now.

Oh Zatanna.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Seriously? I'm a huge Starman fan, and I would have watched Smallville if Jack Knight appeared.

This list includes Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton), and it looks like he wore a leather jacket like Jack's over his costume and might have a cosmic rod similar to Jack's. Was that who you meant?
http://www.listal.com/list/superheroes-of-smallville

Yea, I mean it wasn't exact, but it was pretty close. It was a pretty obscure character to use.

ToastyPotato posted:

Dr. Fate did not look so good in motion. And Hawkman's wings often felt way too small when they were on screen.

I think hawkmans wings were a more manageable size for real life.

Aphrodite posted:

She did have a jacket sometimes.

It didn't help.

Ugh. its crazy because the outfit she wears is pretty basic; bodysuit, fishnets, combat boots and a black leather jacket. She sounds like an extra from a Frankie Goes to Hollywood video, but its not as out there as pretty much everyone else is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As someone said, Agents of Shield: Making lots of villains, no heroes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToastyPotato posted:

Every single poster for Arrow before it premiered was him without his shirt on just standing there.

Honestly It made me not want to even considering checking out the show. It's like Heroes, even to this day I can't be bothered to select it on netflix because the ads were just so terrible and pissed me off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope they make Constaine in a larger universe. I'd kill for him to run into Zatanna or Deadman. Or, gods be kind, Sandman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

I don't think its a bad idea really. Constantine as he stands now is a DC property, where he has titles linked to the bigger magical picture of the DCU (ie Justice League Dark). I doubt much of his tv show will be based on his Vertigo comics and it might be a way for the network to introduce DC magical characters through the backdoor like how Arrow has introduced a whole slew of DC characters.

Yea, that's exactly why I said that. I don't see Constantine in his own separate universe, but as part of the DCU as a whole. Even before JLD, the first person Sandman visits after being freed is Constantine then Martian Manhunter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And Kree are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A legitimately tense final few minutes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

But why bring in Brad Dourif for a one-shot red herring? At least give him something to do, for pete's sake!

When I saw his name in the credits, I was "oh great, there's the Clairvoyant" and was really disappointed, but nope red herring. I preferred that actually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LorneReams posted:

As someone who only has a passing familiarity with the comics, is all this leading to the civil war stuff, or is this going in another direction?

If anything, its leading to Dark Reign. Victoria Hand was a fairly major character in that.

I'll spoil it just in case you or others don't want to know what happened in the comics, and based on some of TWS spoilers Essentially, Shield and the Avengers become discredited though a bunch of poo poo, like a Skrull invasion and other events, that heals to Norman Osborn, the Green Goblin, to become the new Nick Fury with his own version of SHIED, HAMMER, which is really just elements Hydra and Aim mashed together. His avengers all have regular Avenger names, but instead have Villains filling the Rolls; Osborn is Iron Patriot, Bullseye is Hawkeye, Venom is Spiderman, Daken (wolverines evil son) is wolverine, Moonstone (a Ms Marvel Villain) is Ms Marvel. Eventually they get exposed and Fury and the Avengers get back to where they are supposed to be.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Dark Avengers was awesome.

I really liked the Ms Marvel issues focusing on Moonstone. Moonstone is kinda the Marvel version of Harle Quinn I just realized.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dexo posted:

Civil War was a great loving idea ruined by the pro reg side being evil as gently caress about it

And when they are forced to face it directly it makes them feel really lovely, well, at least Ms Marvel felt like crap with tracking down a woman to separate her forcibly from her daughter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you have a super villain problem, and Iron Man is busy, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the C-team.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This just popped up on their twitter

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/454381352201105408/photo/1

Love the combined Shield/Hydra logo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a really common thing in stuff now. They don't tell actors that are going to die in Walking Dead that they are going to die until just before shooting. I think Game of Thrones is like that too, trying to keep the actors from spilling the beans over their and other characters deaths.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wards order could be "Do everything they expect you to do, no matter what it is. You must never let then have a moment of suspicion that you are an Agent of Hydra to the lackies of Shield."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

notthegoatseguy posted:

Have any X characters appeared in USM or Avengers Assemble?

Wolverine was in both I think. I know he was in USM for sure, but I cannot remember if it was AA or EMH where Wolverine showed up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Skye is pretty annoying, though cute, but she does often act very sensibly in most situations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Would the Hand be with Marvel or Fox? They are a pretty big part of a bunch of peoples stories. Though I'd think they'd mostly be Daredevil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jscolon2.0 posted:

They were the villains of the Elektra movie, so they're part of the Daredevil rights which have reverted to Marvel.

That's right, I keep forgetting about that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

I wonder if the Great Lakes Avengers characters are in the same situation as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Squirrel Girl will only work in a movie where they can have a awkward scene between her and Wolverine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drat!

Truly the most sinister villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait for the first episode to have Kid Riddler and Young Pengiun, and every single other episode will be generic cop show plots with Gordon dropping in to talk to Young Bruce for a minute.