Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The King of Coffee makes me laugh so much, and I usually end up listening to each one multiple times.

As for Sadie episodes, any one where she recites a list of things slays me--the safari episode particularly. I can see why in one of the interviews, Acker and Blacker said they say they have difficulty not writing one for her every time. How could you not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the episode where Frank and Sadie are visited by the archaeologist whose daughter was possessed.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Jet Jaguar posted:

The King of Coffee makes me laugh so much, and I usually end up listening to each one multiple times.

As for Sadie episodes, any one where she recites a list of things slays me--the safari episode particularly. I can see why in one of the interviews, Acker and Blacker said they say they have difficulty not writing one for her every time. How could you not?

Was definitely going to suggest the Safari episode. It has Sadiie listing things, Patton Oswalt, and honestly, what else could you want?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The best Sadie moments are when she sees Nightmares the Clown.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Diet Poison posted:

The best Sadie moments are when she sees Nightmares the Clown.

..........Clown!

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
His nose goes 'honk'

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No clown friends? Sad clown.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
These are all great suggestions. Thanks, thread!

There's so much good stuff even in the early episodes, I really need to relisten from the beginning.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The folks at gently caress Yeah Thrilling Adventure Hour are having a contest: 30 Days of TAH

Sounds like one of the prizes is a signed copy of the comic, not sure if they have finalized anything else.

(Fixed the link, thanks for the warning)

Jet Jaguar fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 2, 2014

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'm actually running the thing and was just coming to post about it, so thanks!

If you guys have any questions, let me know. :)

I think the other two things will probably be signed posters.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 6, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

The folks at gently caress Yeah Thrilling Adventure Hour are having a contest: 30 Days of TAH

Sounds like one of the prizes is a signed copy of the comic, not sure if they have finalized anything else.

Your link is broken.

e: What episode is this from?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 2, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Your link is broken.

e: What episode is this from?

Episode 93 - The Haunting of Howard Schroeder!

Also, I came upon this other great fanart version of that scene while looking for that link:

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Oh man. The version of this Beyond Belief at Town Hall/the one that was released in main podcast continuity was infinitely more comprehensible than the largo variant we just got.

Awesome to see the evolution/streamlining that happened in the creation process there.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Oh man. The version of this Beyond Belief at Town Hall/the one that was released in main podcast continuity was infinitely more comprehensible than the largo variant we just got.

Awesome to see the evolution/streamlining that happened in the creation process there.

Yeah, I haven't even made it all the way through the variant yet, I pretty much found I'd rather be listening to the original. Though I like the more blatantly Woody Allen-ish portrayal of Johnny Vampire in this one.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I haven't even made it all the way through the variant yet, I pretty much found I'd rather be listening to the original. Though I like the more blatantly Woody Allen-ish portrayal of Johnny Vampire in this one.

I agree that's the most interesting counterpoint. John Hodgeman was just kind of being himself, but the woody allen influence is clearer now.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but there is going to be a TAH/Wits crossover in Saint Paul on 24 October. It's going to be Beyond Belief with Paul, Paget, and... Weird Al?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

docbeard posted:

The difficulty of pronouncing the word "causality" was pretty good, if unplanned.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The tickets for the Wits show with Paul and Paget doing Beyond Belief are now on sale. If you're in Minnesota, they're apparently selling out pretty fast so you may want to jump on that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I'm taking MA WIFE to see the show in Hollywood tonight! We're both extremely excited.:3: Has anybody else seen a live show of it? If so, should we get in line super early?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

People start lining up around 4 to get seats in the front, but honestly Largo is so small that there's no bad seat. Once you get your seating assignment there's an hour or two after the seats go out before the show starts. If you do line up early, there's a few places nearby to have dinner or a drink nearby. Once the gate to the courtyard opens there's also a bar in the courtyard.

Have fun tonight!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Annakie posted:

People start lining up around 4 to get seats in the front, but honestly Largo is so small that there's no bad seat. Once you get your seating assignment there's an hour or two after the seats go out before the show starts. If you do line up early, there's a few places nearby to have dinner or a drink nearby. Once the gate to the courtyard opens there's also a bar in the courtyard.

Have fun tonight!

Yay, thanks! We're in line now at 5:35; will probably run across the street once we get will call tickets. It's a longer line than I expected!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Across the street? Are you visiting the wax place or the strip club?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

You can always pop in next door for some bongs and then right across the side street for some lingerie and bondage gear!

The vegan restaurant a few doors past that though is actually apparently great if you like vegan. I had a ceasar salad and it was decent. I've heard good things about the Japanese place across the street from Largo, too.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Across the street? Are you visiting the wax place or the strip club?

I meant the sushi place, but managed not to type it because posting on my phone is fun. Wheeee~~~

We ended up eating at The Addiction Room, I think it's called. Tasty sausages! Sausage partyyyyy!

In our seats now. So loving excited!!!:neckbeard:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Remember to yell POW! during the Sparks Theme song, and have fun! I've got a bunch of friends there tonight and I'd be super jealous if I wasn't going to see the show and most of the WorkJuice people a bunch in New York next month. :)

*edit* Nope I'm super jealous anyway.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 7, 2014

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This is a special bonus sized show, so I'm on intermission. Nathan Fillion is here. Never have I had so many gay thoughts, my friends.

e: That was, without a doubt, one of the best stage shows I've ever seen. And I've seen Patti Lupone in "Sweeney Todd." I've seen Audra McDonald in "Porgy & Bess." I saw the "Book of Mormon" earlier this year. This may well have trumped all of them. The rundown was "Sparks Nevada," "Desdemona Hughes," intermission, "Jefferson Reid: Ace American," and "Beyond Belief." Keegan Michael-Key was also there, and was unbelievably great. He is amazing at physical comedy, which is something that doesn't always come through on his show. Colin Hanks and Jason Ritter were also there and also great. Besides playing Frank Doyle, PFT was also Jib Janeen, Jupiter Spy, and made Busy Phillips almost lose her poo poo on stage several times, which is hilarious to watch because she's pretty good at covering it up (but not good enough!).

Anyway, we had an amazing time, and we're already resolving to go back sometime before the year is out. Everybody should absolutely go, if they travel to your town.

e2: I have two complaints, in retrospect. One, it was a "Beyond Belief" episode that was a little lighter on Frank and Sadie than I tend to prefer, but I still enjoyed it. Two, seeing it live has probably ruined the podcast for me. It will never measure up now.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 7, 2014

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Majorian posted:

"Jefferson Reid: Ace American,"

At long last!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Majorian posted:

This is a special bonus sized show, so I'm on intermission. Nathan Fillion is here. Never have I had so many gay thoughts, my friends.

e: That was, without a doubt, one of the best stage shows I've ever seen. And I've seen Patti Lupone in "Sweeney Todd." I've seen Audra McDonald in "Porgy & Bess." I saw the "Book of Mormon" earlier this year. This may well have trumped all of them. The rundown was "Sparks Nevada," "Desdemona Hughes," intermission, "Jefferson Reid: Ace American," and "Beyond Belief." Keegan Michael-Key was also there, and was unbelievably great. He is amazing at physical comedy, which is something that doesn't always come through on his show. Colin Hanks and Jason Ritter were also there and also great. Besides playing Frank Doyle, PFT was also Jib Janeen, Jupiter Spy, and made Busy Phillips almost lose her poo poo on stage several times, which is hilarious to watch because she's pretty good at covering it up (but not good enough!).

Anyway, we had an amazing time, and we're already resolving to go back sometime before the year is out. Everybody should absolutely go, if they travel to your town.

e2: I have two complaints, in retrospect. One, it was a "Beyond Belief" episode that was a little lighter on Frank and Sadie than I tend to prefer, but I still enjoyed it. Two, seeing it live has probably ruined the podcast for me. It will never measure up now.

So it was a Call In show?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

At long last!

drat dirty KRRRRRAUTS!!!!

Politicalrancor posted:

So it was a Call In show?

What does this mean?:confused:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Majorian posted:

drat dirty KRRRRRAUTS!!!!

What does this mean?:confused:

Colin Hanks was in the show?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Batman's Parents Aren't Dead.

Written by Acker and Blacker, starring Mark, Marc, Paget and John Ennis.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I liked both of the panel episodes. At least Marc acknowledged that he looks like Clark Gregg and I still want him as Agent Coulson's snobby brother.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Every episode of Sparks lately has been like "Well that one is definitely in my top ten favorite episodes..." but that episode... that episode is maybe possibly my new favorite episode. #2 at worst.

I've known Ginny was coming for awhile and was kind of nervous about her showing up but... she's amazing and Janet Varney was SO great. Throwing in Harriet, who's my favorite character who isn't Red/Croach/Sparks into the mix just made it all the better.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I loved this one!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

WorkJuice announced today that the crossover with Welcome to Night Vale will be released October 1st on Bandcamp and iTunes!

We threw together a post on FYTAH the help orient people who have only listened to WTNV to TAH. It's got mild spoilers if you know what characters are in what episodes and don't know what characters are in the crossover.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Is there a similar post for those of us who have only listened to the Thrilling Adventure Hour?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm pretty surprised/mildly disappointed the Night Vale crossover is with Sparks Nevada and not Beyond Belief. Still excited to finally hear it. I'm finally caught up with TAH, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There was a Sparks / Comedy Bang Bang crossover featuring Marc Evan Jackson, Croach, and that alien played by Paul F Tompkins.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Fezz posted:

Is there a similar post for those of us who have only listened to the Thrilling Adventure Hour?

I'm planning on making it today. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Here ya go. Hope it helps. :)

• Locked thread