Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

The legit coolest thing about Year Zero is running the weird static at the end of The Warning through a spectral frequency display in an audio editing program.

My favorite was how every Type O Negative "cover" was just the original real track slowed down to 50%.

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

david_a posted:

Me; I’m not sure what the ARG even gives you. Doesn’t the album pretty much explain everything?

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RIP Bob Flanagan.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: dumb comment

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, there's the La Mer 'riff' shared with Into the Void. Man, I love poo poo like this.

This is one reason why Trent is so good. Now I'm trying to think of other albums that had a cohesive, musical theme (as in a riff or progression, not just genre or lyric-based theme). The only thing I can think of is the Pumpkins' MCIS with the opening, title track, and a variation to it played in the outro to Farewell and Goodnight, which is the last thing you hear on the album. Very nicely bookended.

Hikaru Utada’s Heart Station piano work does this throughout though not every track has it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I’m in

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It’s been kind of fun watching him grow up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

trent gay so what

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Obviously that was put in to get the otherwise hard to win white supremacist audience for the album. Really looking forward to hearing that track sampled in some uncomfortable contexts for the next zillion years.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

You guys are being real dorks about the Sharon Tate band

What did he do with the door after he left New Orleans?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

It's still in New Orleans

Looks like the doctor that bought the place got rid of it. Ah well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Photex posted:

A masterpiece, they should have sent a poet

Didn’t they?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IUG posted:

Dave Grohl did drums for seven tracks, according to Wikipedia. I don't know if that had anything to do with that.

He persuaded them to record a couple of the songs at Sound City.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Some states have a disclosure requirement about deaths in the structure but many do not.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IUG posted:

I haven't listened to any yet. I'm hoping he either puts these out in a digital way that isn't mp3s from Amazon, or that I get the set for Christmas.

The first two are also on Apple’s services though that may not work any better for you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Photex posted:

in my awkward high school youth I walked up to a girl who was wearing a NIN shirt and said I want to gently caress you like an animal, she had no idea what that meant and I received detention and counseling.

Trent would have been proud I think.

And that girl grew up to be Captain Marvel!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Strange. It’s free and for the most part interesting and good.

There’s a certain type of listener who thinks NIN will never top “Closer.”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

axelblaze posted:

He's up to five kids? Holy hell, did he become Catholic?

He’s following the Osmond playbook.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Reznor has put up shirts for the 2020 tour that isn't happening: https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/2020-tour-tee

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've always liked this one: https://youtu.be/LhL8Sl3dWl8

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

Holy fuuuuuuuck how have I never heard this

It was on the soundtrack to the Jackie Chan film Supercop.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pretty good posted:

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open
And god himself will reach his loving arm through

Kinda wish he would just to get us there faster.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

I want that Every Day shirt

Those sold out fast!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graynull posted:

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1321565961476923393?s=20

How could he!? I've been a fan for 20 years, never having listened to any of the lyrics or anything Trent has ever said!

Likely it's not a ton of that, but definitely some.

At the DC show a couple of years ago he said something like “I don’t think anyone in the room is happy about what’s going on in this city, but I’m not going to get up here and go off about that all night” and I thought that was a good way to acknowledge the sentiment without breaking the mood.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Separate structure on your property seems like the optimum between convenience and isolation unless you are the type who wants to roll out of bed and immediately start working. I guess then you just put a bed in the studio.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sorry Trent, I’m going to listen to you. :colbert:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you just want it gone PM a mod and they can blank it for you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Trent & Atticus (&Jon) received another award, this time from... The NAACP?!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/2021-naacp-image-awards-winners-list-1234719617/
(March 25th winners)

Black as your Soul - approved

Far out, didn't see that one coming down the pipe at them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

what the gently caress is even going on with this list

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

polyester concept posted:

what the gently caress that is insane

Rageaholic posted:

Really wish I could go to that, loving hell :eyepop:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

So is the baby hand going to be a sticker or...

Unlikely.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Doesn't Trent think down in it is super cheesy and hates it? I remember that being the story for a while.

What's cheesy about this?
https://youtu.be/whVtrLrTWwE

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

He has five kids now and we don't know all of their names, but we know one's called Balthazar and another is called Lazarus. I was not expecting Trent of all people to give his children those kind of names and I'm not being judgmental but he is a secretive person, maybe he's become religious?

Mrs. Reznor's ancestors are from the Philippines and the Catholic Church has a pretty large influence there even if you aren't particularly religious so I could see those being some names from her side of the family. Anecdotally I know a guy named Balthazar from Spain and he's not a priest.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

don't forget about the easter eggs on the dvd.

Edit: Can you even do those with an xbox/ps if you don't have the media remote?

The PS lets you pop up a soft menu with the remote keys at any time; I suspect Xboxes do as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:vince:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/hcohenwriter/status/1539758761941893120?s=20&t=BEf-dSJWd324eUOe7AxIuQ

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jtr posted:

ISN’T EVERYONE live debut tonight at Hellfest, with health.

Hell(fest) yeah

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

R.I.P legend

Not sure that this is the right thread, but I made a shirt with stuff I had at home since I can't afford the ones in the NIN store lol

The lines are straight even if they look really wonky in the photo, but the stencil for the Sin logo bled through in two places :doh:

I think it looks good and you should be proud of it!